Adjustable 510 Center Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
I am modding a Fatdaddy Vapes V4 to have a screw adjustable bottom feed center pin. What is the max and min dept below the top of the 510 for the center pin? I've seen a pretty big range of 510 lengths for different atties, but some solid numbers would be helpful.
It's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" type question, the answer I always give to this is : twice as long as half of it,
but 4.10-4.60mm is the range of the 6 bottom feed converted attys I have just measured for you.
Measured from the atty base to the bottom of the center pin, the shortest was a Veritas, and the longest was an MMV DID, both converted by me, but obviously affected by the original 510 treading length, the IGO-L fell in the middle at 4.3mm,
I hope this helps.
SV

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I always assume a reasonable average being 4.25-4.75mm (base of atty to tip of pin). I try to accommodate 4.1→4.85mm to catch the really screwy ones. If you can have your resting state at 4mm depth, and a full mm of compression/downward-adjustment, you'll be golden.

If you're going to be using various o-rings between atty base and mod top, you'll need to account for that too, of course. You can cut an o-ring well in the top of the mod, around the 510 rim, or you'll have to subtract for that thickness (which leaves less thread engaged in the 510). You can also try a 1x6mm o-ring like a collar around the base of the atty's 510. This will seat in the unthreaded, larger diameter, topmost part of the mod 510 connector.

Last edited:
Reactions: studiovap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread