• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Adopting and now fostering Bullies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Last year we lost our German Shepherd to bloat. We were torn up over it. We have had a Shepherd in my family since my wife and I got married, and I grew up around them around my uncle's farm. So needless to say we are somewhat biased when it comes to other breeds. However, after the recent loss, we had no desire to get another dog that would remind us of the loss. So, after mourning him, we decided to start searching for an adoption and leaned toward the Bully breed. Lo and behold we adopt this fellow that is just incredible from a local rescue organization. He has been a part of the family since March and I honestly haven't met a dog any better then him. Now we have decided to foster (prob adopt eventually) a puppy from a litter of 8 that came out of death row. We only have enough room in our lives for a single foster, so I don't expect this to get any larger then it is now... But I have a big ole loving fawn bully asleep on his bed next to me snoring away, the little yorkie over in his, and the 6 week old foster little white and brindle girl in her bed barking in her sleep, while I watch the ball game wondering what we have gotten ourselves into... :)

Attachments

• juke.jpg
    juke.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 45
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 44
  • photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 45

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
They are Pit Bull mix, or "ghetto pits" as some may call them. There is no telling. We know abolutely nothing about our big guy other then his history over the last year+ and it has been nothing but good.

As far as the new pup, we where around her mother yesterday evening for a couple hours. She was an abuse case. The scars around her neck from the what looks to be a cable tie is sad. But she is safe now and adjusted well and so are her puppies. All were to be put down but they were rescued and now we are fostering (maybe adopting) one. All will be neuterd/spayed and hopefully get into a good home.

LauraY

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Tucson, Arizona
How cute! These dogs are great, my parents have Pitt mix that someone dumped on their property (they live on a ranch). We believe she was most likely intended to be a fighter dog, when she arrived she was badly bitten on several parts of her body and all of her teeth except for the canines have been filled down to give her a better grip. I guess the dumped her because she wouldn't harm a fly! She is the sweetest girl ever and I love how every time I go visit my parents her entire body wags with excitement when she sees me!

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
They are great as long as you realize you may run into dog aggressive issues. As far as human aggression, I find that intolerable.

The pup we were fostering found a forever home... So we adopted an adult female that was rescued from a kill shelter with the help of a friend. She was used for breeding, in bad physical shape, had pnuemonia, but is a sweetheart. She has the pitiful look down to an art and is much more our speed vice a puppy.

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread