Status
Not open for further replies.

fargazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2014
United States
Greetings!

In the past I've put various kits together for new vapers, the idea being to start someone with a good quality kit, rather than cheap crap that ultimately turns them off of vaping. The Provari 2.5 locally sells for about $50, which puts it right in line with a number of quality startup mods, such as the Innokin MVP.

On the one hand, I know Provari's are legendary for service and quality. On the other hand, the single button menu system is quite different from most mods selling today. I've not had a Provari, so I've come to the experts for recommendations; what's been your experiences seeing new vapors start out with a Provari? Is it an appropriate first mod (now that the price has dropped on the 2.5s), or something a a vapor should consider later on?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi and welcome!

A 2.5 is a fabulous first mod! My first mod (after an eGo) was a mini 2.0 (the 2.0 is the same as the 2.5, except for the design on the body). It's going strong at almost 3 years old. I still use it and love it!

The menu isn't difficult once you get used to it and that doesn't take very long.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
A ProVari and perhaps a Nautilus tank would be the one setup I would highly recommend for a new vaper. Both are relatively easy to understand and use, and provide a reliable and good quality vaping experience with minimal hassle.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The store with the ProVari 2.5s should sell ProVari rings, which are used on the tapered ProVari top cap to make it flush if a larger diameter tank is used. It's worth having one.

If your store doesn't have them, they are on-sale here (and they have free shipping on Fridays), but the stock is low. If they are OOS when you want to order, you can get the rings from ProVape.

ProVari Tank Ring | Vixen Vapors

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
I wish i had gone with the provari first. I had a couple of isticks with the kanger subtanks, they were decent but the coils tended to be very snap, crackle and pop at times. Then i got a couple of sigelei minis which felt higher quality than the istick.

Long story short, i got a provari 2.5 on sale and a nautilus to try it for my wife, who did not like the subtank. She didn't stick with it, but i was actually shocked by the better flavour of the provari and the nautilus. It also works very well with the kayfun lite, a great rebuildable tank.

My daily setup is now mostly provaris with the kabuki tank. A single provari and kayfun, and radius and vector dripper are still in the daily mix too though with the 3rd kabuki it might just be the 3 of those for a while.

And no other company has products we know for a fact easily last 3 4 years or longer.

I think its a fantastic beginner setup just not fashionable now. But great flavour, vapour... They could move up to a kabuki or kayfun tank once they know what they like... Thumbs up!

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
:thumb:
What they said. A $50 2.5 along with a $25ish Nautilus tank is perhaps one of the best bang for your buck beginner rigs you will find. Set your voltage, adjust airflow to taste, and you are Done. Does not get much easier for someone new to the vaping world. Both of my 2.5's are 2+ years old and I have never had even a burp out of them. I highly recommend. The only things I would add is an extender cap so it will accept the 18650 battery and a beauty ring for the sanitary look. For comparison, no ring right, J-wrapped ring left.

ringnoring.JPG

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
I actually wish I had never left the Provari. I had a 2.0 back in the day, but then fell into the whole variable wattage thing, then started getting a new $50 chinamod every 4 months. Now in the past 2 months I have bought a Radius, 2.5Ti, and now I have a GMZ mini 2.5 on the way from Zen. I'm finding the Nautilus coils to be enough for me. Not as big of a cloud, but I have never cared about that.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
On the one hand, I know Provari's are legendary for service and quality. On the other hand, the single button menu system is quite different from most mods selling today. ?

I guess if I were looking for something to last me a long long time, at a good price, versus a mod that may not last more than a year or less that had a better menu system, I would take the former. But that is just me. :)

Although I will say that menus and readouts, in general, don't excite me, but that is what a REO is for. :lol: You have one of each and you will probably never regret purchases.

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Greetings!

In the past I've put various kits together for new vapers, the idea being to start someone with a good quality kit, rather than cheap crap that ultimately turns them off of vaping. The Provari 2.5 locally sells for about $50, which puts it right in line with a number of quality startup mods, such as the Innokin MVP.

On the one hand, I know Provari's are legendary for service and quality. On the other hand, the single button menu system is quite different from most mods selling today. I've not had a Provari, so I've come to the experts for recommendations; what's been your experiences seeing new vapors start out with a Provari? Is it an appropriate first mod (now that the price has dropped on the 2.5s), or something a a vapor should consider later on?
Sooooo, what's the verdict? Did you buy it?

Sent from my i6S+

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It's rather amusing - I didn't buy them a 2.5; they looked at the Provari Radius, liked it, and bought that.

Certainly easier on my wallet, and also high quality :)
You might have confused the v2.5 with the P3. The former runs about $80, which is considerably cheaper than a Radius.

But I'm sure they'll be VERY pleased with the Radius.

fargazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2014
United States
Nope; the Mountain Oak Vapors shop in Chattanooga have the 2.5 on sale for $50; not many left. I think this week they have a 10% off sale also. Anyone interested in the Chattanooga area could do worse than check it out.

By the way, many thanks to the forum members here; polite, enthusiastic, and willing to assist. I appreciate that!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Nope; the Mountain Oak Vapors shop in Chattanooga have the 2.5 on sale for $50; not many left. I think this week they have a 10% off sale also. Anyone interested in the Chattanooga area could do worse than check it out.

By the way, many thanks to the forum members here; polite, enthusiastic, and willing to assist. I appreciate that!

Paging @WillyZee !

:D

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I have been vaping for 3 years and waited for my one year anniversary to purchase a Provari...they were still around 150 dollars at that point. Since then I have added 2 more to my collection. Those were bought used at around 50 dollars. All still work fine and I love them!

darkangel07760

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2015
I posted a question about my soon-to-be-here P3, but since I also have two P 2.5s, what would be the best tank/coil combo for max cloud without going the sub ohm route (which I don't think the P 2.5 can do anyhow)? I always see their videos on their website and those people are blowing some serious clouds.

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I posted a question about my soon-to-be-here P3, but since I also have two P 2.5s, what would be the best tank/coil combo for max cloud without going the sub ohm route (which I don't think the P 2.5 can do anyhow)? I always see their videos on their website and those people are blowing some serious clouds.
What are your current tanks?

Also Pg Vg Ratio has a lot to do with cloudy vapor production too...

Jim

Reactions: DPLongo22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread