advice with my new setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyzx2

Feb 28, 2015
south carolina
hi, my new setup that i just started using is a sigelei 150 and a mutation x v4,
im kinda stumped on something. i put in a dual coil build of 24g kanthal around 3mm bit
at around 10.5 wraps each , ( this was going by what steamengine suggestion for 0.5 ohm)
ive been running at 35 watts and it has been working fine, but my concern is that it seems to not heat up the
coils very quickly , i have to take long pulls to get the vapor i like.. should i bump the wattage up more
or are these coiul just too large to heat up quickly.. thanks for any advice

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
With that thick a wire - too thick for an 0.5Ω net resistance, dual parallel build - you'll need at least 90 watts to obtain a 200 mW/mm² heat flux (coil radiant temperature)... which is a fairly modest value.
The alternative is thinner wire... the same build, but with 26 gauge, would require only 45 watts to obtain the same temperature.

To learn more about using Steam Engine, click the first sigline hyperlink below.

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI
as long as you have done all of your home work about battery safety and ohms law. I would still suggest you stick to.5 and above until you have gone through a couple of coils. Make sure your builds are constant, and you get your wicking down. The lower you go. the quicker the coils will heat up. If you do not have your wicking down. you will be vaping dry cotton or worst scorched.

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI
thanks i will stick to that for a while.. also something i forgot to mention in my first post is that
every once in a while it will jump resistance from .5 to .7 and sometimes .9 any reason why?

check to make sure your wires are screwed down tight. The screws on the atty can back out by themselves with the heat. Basically, look for any connection issues. Ohms fluctuating like that means some thing is not connected 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread