Need some advice with RDA coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker79

Jan 5, 2015
Ktn, PHG, MY
This is my first time building a coil. It's a dual coil on Mutation X v3. I'm using Kanthal A1 26 gauge doing 11 wraps on the blue screwdriver that comes with the Mutation X v3 box. I have no idea what's the diameter. Could be around 2.5mm - 3mm. My sigelei 100w Plus reading it at 0.8 ohm. What would be the ideal wattage range to vape? I've tried 35 watt, the vape seems average, vapor and flavor around what I get with my Aspire Atlantis. Am I missing something?

pic.jpg

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
This is my first time building a coil. It's a dual coil on Mutation X v3. I'm using Kanthal A1 26 gauge doing 11 wraps on the blue screwdriver that comes with the Mutation X v3 box. I have no idea what's the diameter. Could be around 2.5mm - 3mm. My Sigelei 100w Plus reading it at 0.8 ohm. What would be the ideal wattage range to vape? I've tried 35 watt, the vape seems average, vapor and flavor around what I get with my Aspire Atlantis. Am I missing something?

View attachment 407905

Hi and welcome,

No, your not missing anything, that sounds about right. Remember that the Atlantis has a .5Ω head and airflow is stable/predictable/optimized.

Crank up the power? Adjust your coil position, change your wicking material.

"vape seems average" is subjective.

Cheers
I

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Here are links to the threads Boost referred to:

1. Wraps, wraps, and more (or less) wraps
2. Watts do not matter. Its all about wire temp. Read on…

"Wraps, wraps, and more (or less) wraps" is a good thread to look at also "Watts do not matter. Its all about wire temp. Read on…" id link but i just joined and dont have that privilege yet.

Hello and welcome to the forum Boost. Glad to have you here!:)
Your 1st post and already you're providing great info to others!:toast:
Here's something you may find interesting by ECF member State-O-Flux: Steam Engine: From basic use to advanced features...

Go out and welcome some other new members and you'll have your 5 posts in no time. You will also have to wait for the servers to update (at :25 past the hour) but then you should have many more privileges.

New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread