Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
With all the functions of buttons being identical to the Vamo, I'd say the chipset is the same. China engineered a good circuit, so I'd wager that a lot more mods with this same technology are coming to field soon.

I still haven't seen an answer regarding the anticipated price point? I know I can get one elsewhere at ~$80, now, so will it be worth waiting?

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
its a great unit, should be in soon, its in my lineup

gotmorepictures.png

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
With all the functions of buttons being identical to the Vamo, I'd say the chipset is the same. China engineered a good circuit, so I'd wager that a lot more mods with this same technology are coming to field soon.

I still haven't seen an answer regarding the anticipated price point? I know I can get one elsewhere at ~$80, now, so will it be worth waiting?

I haven't really done any price comparisons online but that's around the same that I paid for mines at my local vape shop.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
So here's my review so far. I purchased my Groove on Thursday. Up until that point I'd been using egos & ego twists so this is what I consider my first real mod. So far I've found the groove to be easy to use! Especially for someone like me. I was initially concerned about the size & being able to hold it in my hand...I'm female & don't have huge hands. It fits perfectly! It's easy to check the ohm resistance & it appears to be accurate. Ive tested it out with cartos, novas & ce4's and they all work well & vape great on the groove. It's easy to swap from watts to voltage & the battery is amazing! I've only charged it once & used it for 2 days straight out of the box. As someone else stated on here...the only thing I'm not fond of is the glossy finish of this mod but its not a deal breaker for me. Ill just find a wrap or some stickers to put on it. All & all I'm totally happy with this purchase & I would definitely recommend it to others.

williedrew

Verified Member
May 4, 2010
houston
I rarely chime in but I have had this device for almost a week now and feel I can give some decent feedback on it. First of all, I am VERY picky about my ecigs. I can find a problem with almost everything I have ever owned and I have owned a lot. That being said, I have very few complaints with this one.

I am a strictly dual coil vaper. For the most part I am forced to only purchase fully mechanical mods that look like someone in metal shop made. They are usually very heavy and very unsafe with stacked batteries. I really wanted to find something a little safer. When I saw the Groove can handle 5 amps I decided to give it a try even though I had little faith it would hit dual coils, and hit hard.

It does in fact hit dual coils with no problems. I have used it for 4 or 5 days now without charging it. And that is on 6 volts, 15 watts, dual coil cartos. It is light. I could do without the bulkiniess of it but I'm getting used to it and its hardly a deal breaker for the added safety of it. I have dropped it hard twice. Light scratching but still works. It had a rattle in it out of the box which concerns me a little but it works anyway. That could just be because Hoosier sent it in an enevelope instead of a box. Tons of vapor even with straight PG liquid. Excellent throat hit and air flow. Connection to atty is solid. I've read they are coming out with an aluminum model which I would prefer and probably will pick up but all in all this thing is great.

Just thought I would give my two cents in case anyone is considering one of these.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Ill add my :2c:. I like it but its not without its faults.

1. Drip well is to small. Can not fit a ce4 without using an adapter. With that being said. Its a real beast to clean out when my old school good for leaking vision stone 3 leaks all over the place. Took like 5 minutes of dabbing paper towel sheets in it.

2. Very glossy and loves finger prints. Why not use the same finish as the VV Gripper :confused:

3. It likes to fall over. I would like to see a stand like the old PlayStation 2 had. They could move the charging outlet to the bottom and the stand could double as a charger and with the connection in the back you could still use the stand without the charger plugged in.

4. May not be able to help it but its huge. If you have small hands you might not like it.

Output is okay. @ 1 ohm its only 3.2 amps but at 3 ohms its 5 amps.

As far as things I like.

1. The battery is killer.

2. The electronics are awesome, and easy to use.

3. Its glossy : ) and its large size make it feel like nothing else. Its can almost be described as elegant.

4. 1ohm stable unlike most that are only stable down to 1.2 ohms.

In conclusion. I like it, but I have to find something I really like to use on top of it. I am out of the loop and looking for something besides disappointment.
VS3 leaks.
VN2.5 sub par vapor production.
DCCT sub par vapor production.
SCCT sub par vapor production.
Vision Eternity leaks :mad:
CE4 wont fit.
Kanger t3 sucks.
What else can I try on this thing? Like I said, I am tired of being disappointed and im gun shy at this point.
I have a Vapage for the drip. And yes I love it.
Genesis and mechanical PV's for the vape my face off moments. But I am starting to wonder if I need anything VV at all.

Last edited:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
not sure why you have problems with those tanks setups striker, the vn's have been pretty good with little fuss, i do agree early on , i even had issues on occasion but lately thry have no leaks and vapor has been huge, and the kanger t3 has been working so well, im starting to think there was a bunch of wack ones that ended up at all vendors doors, because they work so well but there are a few people who im hearing like you that hate it or have issues with it but then others swear by it..

thanks for the info on the groove, its a great unit over all and lasts forever on a charge

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I agree. Overall its a nice set up. I since put a lower ohm bully clone on it and it works good. The reason I loved the VV Gripper was that it did what it did well. Glad to see it carried over to the Groove. More raw consistent power output? Maybe thats it.
As far as my luck goes, I still think I need an exorcism. The VN I have is probably just old. I been using the same stock head for well into 6 months. Its probably time to get some more of them. Why not, it never leaks, and it never floods. Them are the two biggest problems I ever had with a silica atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread