Almost brand new Provari problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I bought a brand new Provari 2.5 for a song and a dance about a month ago,,,,,,,,it's given me no problems until yesterday when it suddenly started indicating battery dead for every single battery I insert.

The batteries work just fine in every other provari I try then in.

Any idea what could be the problem, or should I contact Provape??

Reactions: HappyCamper

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I would contact Provape. You're well within the warranty so it won't cost you a dime! Are you using flat tops or button tops batteries? Have you changed from one to the other?

I don't mean to ask a stupid question but some people don't realize you can't use flat tops on the 2.5s.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
There are a couple things I know of that you can also check.

#1 -- Look down the tube with the battery out. Do you see a little coppery square? It needs to be there for the battery to make contact. If it's not -- then it will need a trip to headquarters for this little repair.

#2 -- Perhaps the battery isn't making contact? You can try stretching the spring out and see if it now makes better contact.

#3 -- It also might be a good time to clean your contacts. Rub a tiny dab of isopropyl alcohol with a q tip on that little brass piece inside the tube to clean it off. Also, wipe the ends of the batteries, too. And just for general maintenance, do it on the 510 connection too.

Let us know how it goes.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
They are button top AW's bought from Provape,,,,I tried cleaning the contacts with alcohol, but that didn't work,,,,,,,they are also pretty new,,,,,

I will try stretching out the springs a bit and see if that helps :)

thanks for the suggestions, and don't worry about asking "stupid" questions,,,,,,everyone's knowledge and experience is different, and it could have solved my problem if that was the case!

thanks for the help!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
OK, stretched out the spring and even tried several different end caps,,,,nope. Light still blinking.

I emailed them. Hopefully, they will fix it,,,,,Not so sure, since it was on clearance for like 30 bucks.
They will fix it, rest assured. :thumb::cool:

Reactions: HappyCamper

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
OK, stretched out the spring and even tried several different end caps,,,,nope. Light still blinking.

I emailed them. Hopefully, they will fix it,,,,,Not so sure, since it was on clearance for like 30 bucks.
This might be a dumb question, but did you try a different tank/coil set on it? I've had a couple of incidents where the mod was acting weird and found out I had a bad coil in the tank. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread