Problems with IQ and battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I am having nothing but problems with my P3. The IQ is totally inaccurate and the battery light comes on, I stretch the spring and the battery is at 70% then after a while same thing happens again IQ says poor battery shows empty stretche it again and still has 60% IQ is back to great. This is with brand new AW IMR 2200mAh batteries. It will do that 2 or 3 times per battery. It just stops working till I stretch the spring. Gives me a poor IQ with brand new batteries. Not very good for $250 definately not up to Provape standards. This is my 5th Provari and not real happy with it.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I recall another user with the same issue. A new spring was recommended and solved their problem. If your P3 was an early version it may have the smaller spring, Provape re-designed the bottom cap and spring to give better connectivity. I believe if you open a ticket, your issue should be quickly resolved. I am, of course assuming that you have thoroughly cleaned all threads and contacts. Best of Luck!

TFL!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Chatfield, MN, USA
This is copied from post 5786 of the official P3 post.

As Sir Rod, Master of Lube or the as sometimes called Rod, the Lube Meister, my loyal subjects have summoned me to as eloquently as possible outline the methods employed for cleaning Provari Threads in Advance of and including the proper application of his beloved No-Ox.

Being the sort of Royalty, who is better served with simple procedures, this treatise will be of a manner befitting a brief, but simple outline for all to embrace with ease:

Tools which are required:

1. Paper Towels
2. Cotton Swabs
3. 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
4. Lint Free Cloth
4. No-Ox - The Lubricant of Royalty

Processes to which you should subscribe:

1. Apply isopropyl alcohol to paper towel
2. Use alcohol laden towel to clean Provari threads. Be not afraid to use pressure to clean said threads as they be more durable than may be thought
3. Do not forget to clean threads inside of Provari Tube
4. Use Lint Free cloths to remove any residue or dust particles left by paper towels and to ensure properly cleaned threads inside and out
5. Apply No-Ox - The Lubricant of Royalty - Sparingly to a cotton swab (firmer cotton swabs are preferred tools)
6. Apply No-Ox - Lubricant of Royalty laden cotton swab to all threaded areas

Said procedure can be performed as routine maintenance or as required to improve IQ (though Sir Rod, Master of Lube remains clueless on certain matters involving IQ.

There you have it. The kingdom erupts with joy for having finally become learned in the joys and proper ways to enrich one's Provari thread system with No-Ox - The Lube of Royalty.

Carry on........No really. Carry on!

Also clean both ends of your battery. Hope this helps
Tim

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Definitely clean your threads.... All of them.

Last night I put in a fresh battery (only a few weeks to a month old) and the dang P3 died waaaaaay to quickly.

Cleaned off the threads...same battery (didn't even charge it) it is still going this morning. Those threads really have a LOT to do with battery production. The black that came off the threads :ohmy: I should start a regular maintenance schedule. Aw..who am I kidding.. I will probably keep using the P3 until I have a battery problem again and then clean again :facepalm:

Oh, I don't pay attention to the IQ thing anymore. It drives me totally bonkers (like I need to be any more bonkers than what I am already )

ebriel

Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
Peoria, AZ

As Sir Rod, Master of Lube or the as sometimes called Rod, the Lube Meister, my loyal subjects have summoned me to as eloquently as possible outline the methods employed for cleaning Provari Threads in Advance of and including the proper application of his beloved No-Ox.

Being the sort of Royalty, who is better served with simple procedures, this treatise will be of a manner befitting a brief, but simple outline for all to embrace with ease:

1. Paper Towels
2. Cotton Swabs
3. 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
4. Lint Free Cloth

2. Use alcohol laden towel to clean Provari threads. Be not afraid to use pressure to clean said threads as they be more durable than may be thought
4. Use Lint Free cloths to remove any residue or dust particles left by paper towels and to ensure properly cleaned threads inside and out
5. Apply No-Ox - The Lubricant of Royalty - Sparingly to a cotton swab (firmer cotton swabs are preferred tools)

Said procedure can be performed as routine maintenance or as required to improve IQ (though Sir Rod, Master of Lube remains clueless on certain matters involving IQ.

There you have it. The kingdom erupts with joy for having finally become learned in the joys and proper ways to enrich one's Provari thread system with No-Ox - The Lube of Royalty.

Tim

I gave her basically the same answer in another thread, with the addition of using a bottle brush that can be purchased at Michael's (in their baking section) for under a dollar to help clean the threads before using the alcohol.

When I did it, I tried using a toothpick in the threads like a needle on a record, but it was frustrating and time consuming - and really hard to do on the inside threads (but I was amazed at how much gunk came showed up on the toothpick tip - it was like cleaning under a really dirty person's fingernails)!

After that initial cleaning, I'm amazed at how long my battery is lasting! AW IMR 18650 2200mAh running 14watts/4.5volts @ 1.5ohms has now lasted me 2-3 days (and I'm still at 13-14% battery life! Heck, I've had to refill my 4.5ml KFL+ tank 3 times since I put this batter in!

So, as ENAUD has suggested in some other threads, it very well may just be the endcap.

Oh, I don't pay attention to the IQ thing anymore. It drives me totally bonkers (like I need to be any more bonkers than what I am already )

Agreed, I'll have Great IQ - and then it will drop significantly even though I have no errors, etc. Seems that the IQ function is just sort of a nifty addition to help zone in on what may be causing a problem, but not something that you should obsess over... So why do I keep checking mine, lol?

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I have the latest spring. I have a new end cap a friend sent me with Provarinati on it. I already had the latest spring but I will try again. I have cleaned it and have NoLox on it, this is not my first party. funny thing happened to me the other day. I went into the local vape shop, vaping is not real big here and high end gear is never seen so I'm going to show off my P3 with a real KF V4 I had just put a battery in it 2 hours earlier went to vape it and blow their minds and nothing. Had to take the cap off and stretch the spring.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I have the latest spring. I have a new end cap a friend sent me with Provarinati on it. I already had the latest spring but I will try again. I have cleaned it and have NoLox on it, this is not my first party. funny thing happened to me the other day. I went into the local vape shop, vaping is not real big here and high end gear is never seen so I'm going to show off my P3 with a real KF V4 I had just put a battery in it 2 hours earlier went to vape it and blow their minds and nothing. Had to take the cap off and stretch the spring.

The ProviNaughty Caps came in two configs...

You received the larger spring version, correct?

ebriel

Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
Peoria, AZ

Ouch! I'm with ENAUD on this one, sounds like it might need to take a trip...

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

1. Paper Towels
2. Cotton Swabs
3. 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
4. Lint Free Cloth

Tim

OK I did everything on the list and dropped a fresh AW IMR in so far working great just have to wait and see.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
OK I did everything on the list and dropped a fresh AW IMR in so far working great just have to wait and see.

Well it seems to have worked. The battery I put in started at 99% IQ83 Great now 43% IQ82 Great. Thanks, now I know it takes a little more maintenance with this one then the others.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Well it seems to have worked. The battery I put in started at 99% IQ83 Great now 43% IQ82 Great. Thanks, now I know it takes a little more maintenance with this one then the others.

I should do all that on the list too... Tomorrow. I WILL do it tomorrow. :)

Glad you have it all figured out :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread