Status
Not open for further replies.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
If you don't care about vv can I suggest the Provape 1 it's 3.7 v small little guy that vapes like a beast! I love mine I do have 2 reg size and I grab this one when I go to the store, work and even just sitting on the couch and it's only 89.00!
I'm sorry, but as far as mechs go you can get way better for less cash. The Provape 1 is a joke.

Darrin Thomas Rasberry

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
Ankeny, Iowa, United States
I'd back up the Provape 1, although I don't know what else is out there at the $90 range. Mine's built for clandestine activity (bedroom, office shhh) and has a dripper and is almost half the size and width of my extended Provari 2. Of course, it's not variable, but you can always build your tanks around that. It vapes just fine and you're hard-pressed to find build quality of that level for the size IMO.

SoberSnyper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Maurice, La.
It depends on what you want. A big part of the vape experience in the Provari is due to the electronics. A stock PWM APV is producing a "fixed" voltage at at rate of 33 Hz, while the Provari is creating that same voltage up in the 500 Hz range. In that respect there aren't a lot of devices out that that can even come close to providing a similar vaping experience. On the 33 Hz mods it's called the "rattlesnake" effect and a lot of people can both hear it and taste the difference in the experience.

There is a list on here - somewhere - that was started for APV's that don't use the low budget 33 Hz PWM chips. Those would be your best bet if you want a close - but not identical - vape experience to a Provari. I think the MVP 2 is on that list. If I can locate that thread with the list I'll post the link to it.

The Provari PWM is actually at 800 Hz.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Love the ProVape-1. I have 2. It is basically a smaller, non VV ProVari. Unlike other mechs, it has protection circuitry and a button in a normal place, rather than a bottom pinky button. It is also discreet and we'll balanced. Those knocking it don't have one and are probably easily impressed by PRC junk...

Sicarius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
NZ
Its not a VV, but the Coolfire I is a well built unit with a constant 8.5W output and is 18350 format. It is however far smaller in hand than a ProVari. Solid little performer and you only get the rattlesnake on certain cartos. The Protank 1 I use makes no sound and gives a really good vape. At about $50 it is a reasonable buy.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
If you don't care about vv can I suggest the Provape 1 it's 3.7 v small little guy that vapes like a beast! I love mine I do have 2 reg size and I grab this one when I go to the store, work and even just sitting on the couch and it's only 89.00!

I'd back up the Provape 1, although I don't know what else is out there at the $90 range. Mine's built for clandestine activity (bedroom, office shhh) and has a dripper and is almost half the size and width of my extended Provari 2. Of course, it's not variable, but you can always build your tanks around that. It vapes just fine and you're hard-pressed to find build quality of that level for the size IMO.

Love the ProVape-1. I have 2. It is basically a smaller, non VV ProVari. Unlike other mechs :)facepalm:), it has protection circuitry and a button in a normal place, rather than a bottom pinky button. It is also discreet and we'll balanced. Those knocking it don't have one and are probably easily impressed by PRC junk...

duh_zpsb2d889a9.gif

BaDaBooM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
uk
Nemesis clone $35 Nemesis Clone by Hcigar with Magnetic Switch Mechanical Mod | eBay

Kick clone $16.65 Variable Wattage Kick Module for Mechanical Mod PV Range 5 12 Watts | eBay

52 bucks for a pretty sweet setup. Nemesis is probably the most versatile mec mod and the FT kick is fantastic for the price. Would recommend a kick2 but the price is $45, I use both the kick2 and the FT kick happy with both.

Nemesis is pretty sweet because you can kick any way you want Kick+18350,18500,18650 and it will still be a pretty small size for a mod.

Kick2 is well worth the money, its more versatile than the FT kick.

Kick2 15 watts, 0.5 ohms
FT Kick: 12 watts, 1.5 ohms

And the best thing of all if you get tired of the look or feel of the nemesis just get a new $35 clone mech and slap the kick you already have in it.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
To be perfectly honest, if I could not afford a Provari, or other highend device I would simply replace my MVP2 with another MVP2 when it died. The MVP2 is a solid device and does what it does well. Your Provari, if you choose to eat Ramen and Peanut Butter for a month beats all else for the bulk of mainstream vaping It will most likely outlast anything out there.
The MVP2 will most likely outlast any Vamo/Vmax/Zmax/SVD purchase, the batteries you will buy for vamo/vmax/zmax/svd are going to outlast the devices. This is not a wild claim, just fact and personal experience.
Yes a cheap mech clone + a cheap clone kick is another option as well. A replacement MVP2 will probably outlast the threading in even the better quality Nemesis clone. Again, personal experience.

There is a new player on the block that supposedly is of some quality worth mentioning.

The Spire by Beyond Vape.

As you can see there are a ton of opposing view points on all this. You have people who regularly spent 400$ a month on cigarettes calling anyone who spends 200$ on a vaping mod that will outlast any 3 cartons of cigarettes a fool...

Everything mentioned here is a valid option, 90% of them are valid temporary options. You just need to pick the one that is right for you. :)

Last edited:

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
Hi,

I just tried a friends Provari and thought it was terrific; amazingly well built and so tempting! However, buying one Provari is not an option, as my partner also vapes. So, if I did buy a Provari, I would have to come home with two and that is over $400 and a little steep for my budget.

Is there a really good alternative out there to the Provari? I would also be interested in something smaller - say the size of a Provari mini. Would like to keep the cost to $100 or so, per mod.

Any help and insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Honestly my thoughts are.. you get what you pay for and yes the provari is kinda pricy i would go for the Lavatube V2.5 from volcanoecigs.com this is only 140 bucks but hey for the little extra money you get a beast of an ecig. battery that will last all day the entire kit with the charger and the tube tank which holds a ton of liquid. and the best is you get a 1 year warranty and the best customer service you could ever ask for i mean the BEST. and i don't say that lightly. but i would suggest you pay a little more to avoid the "cheap" stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread