Am I a bit of a freak for vaping 24mg juice all the time? No trouble sleeping either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I almost feel I should have started off with 36mg. I may have noticed being nic'd up in the beginning (but I was also smoking 5-8 cigs a day back then). I vape 24mg juice all the time till before going to sleep. When people who vape ask me what level my Nic is they are surprised when I tell them.

I used to smoke Dumaurier Lights (when I lived in Toronto) and camel 99 since I have lived in the states (nov 1998). I'm not really planning on lowering it any time soon either.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I started with bottles of 12 & 18, even had a 6mg

then it hit me after some time experiencing vaping
it's all proportional-- lower nic mg constant vaping / high nic mg vape on occasion

so I upped my nic level to 24mg and I vape like I used to smoke (just here and there)
before I just wanted to continuously vape...
now 24mg satisfies my urge and I move on...

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
I almost feel I should have started off with 36mg. I may have noticed being nic'd up in the beginning (but I was also smoking 5-8 cigs a day back then). I vape 24mg juice all the time till before going to sleep. When people who vape ask me what level my Nic is they are surprised when I tell them.

I used to smoke Dumaurier Lights (when I lived in Toronto) and camel 99 since I have lived in the states (nov 1998). I'm not really planning on lowering it any time soon either.

People vape at the level and type that works for them. Now me, I vape unflavored 30mg/ml exclusively and have for over 2 years. I just don't see why anyone would mess up their vaping experience by mixing in a lot of unnecessary artificial flavors in their eliquid, but no one has called me a freak, or even acted surprised when I told them what I vape, even if it isn't the usual choice. What kind of judgmental people do you hang with, anyway

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
People vape at the level and type that works for them. Now me, I vape unflavored 30mg/ml exclusively and have for over 2 years. I just don't see why anyone would mess up their vaping experience by mixing in a lot of unnecessary artificial flavors in their eliquid, but no one has called me a freak, or even acted surprised when I told them what I vape, even if it isn't the usual choice. What kind of judgmental people do you hang with, anyway

I'm going to try unflavored here shortly. I have some on order. I still have just a tiny bit of irritation at times (still working off of smokes and vaping full time) no matter the vg/pg mix. I think my problem may be with the flavors I'm using. I'll just eliminate them altogether and that should tell me.

I'm at 24mg right now. I'm trying to replace my smoking entirely, by replicating it. So instead of vaping constantly all day like some do, I just do it like once an hour or whatever. 18mg is not enough. I haven't tried 36.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Whatever MG of nicotine juice I've got, I vape it. If I've been vaping 12mg, and I go up to 24, I might feel sick for a day or two and then my body builds a tolerance to it and I can chain vape it all day eventually. Then if I drop down to 12mg I'm depressed and irritable for a couple days and I can't take the PV away from my face, then I get over the acute withdrawals and I'm happy with 12mg. Your brain is just a chemical bath. Your probably used to vaping 24mg because you've been vaping it for a while. If your happy with how your feeling (no headaches, no stomach upsets, no jerkiness/shaking) and your personality hasn't changed (increased or decreased empathy, irritability, depression, manic positivity) then your body is used to the level your at and you can keep vaping it no problem. Thats all there is to it. Now you can empathize with the hard drug addicts. they go through a cycle of the ups and downs, only their ups and downs are about 125x worse. You can level out at any nicotine strength, it just takes some adjusting time. I personally like the throat hit of the mid to higher mg juices. But if all I have is a lower mg juice it just means I'll have to adjust to that mg. Its really not all that unpleasant going up or going down honestly. Its a graceful assent and descent with e-juice. Its not as hard as going from a pack a day to 5 cigarettes or 35. Piece of cake. When they finally come out with a safe chemical that increases throat hit, I'll be cutting down to 6mg I'm sure.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If you're a freak then spank my .... and call me Helga! (No, wait, wrong group...)

As a 2 PAD Pall Mall Blue I started at 24 mg, and 30 mg to deal with early craving fits. I dropped the 30 mg stuff after three months. But any time I have tried to drop to even 18 mg I only end up vaping more - a lot more. Two years in I'm stuck at 24 mg. I like myself - who cares? I know a lot of people go through a moralistic "me bad" issue and must, must I tell you! drop their nic level as quickly as possible. The way I look at it, I'm off a 30 year smoking binge. I'm not about to over think the nicotine question.

The other piece of your freak that little is known about is we really don't have much research on how much nicotine individuals actually absorb via vaping. Almost all the research so far has been dedicated to what is generated and what's in the vape, next to no data on variances in human absorptions levels. You can take two smokers with similar PAD habits and one needs 24 mg liquids and the other can barely tolerate 12 mg stuff.

Last edited:

propagandax

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Not a freak at all. After 18 months I am using 24 mg up from 18. I love the throat hit from 24 and found I just vape more on weaker juices. I also dab with disposables at 36mg or higher. I am convinced than higher nic absorbs faster which gives me that cig type rush I really want.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread