Anarchist wire & Twisted Messes Nichrome, Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepwinter

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
Ok so Im posting this because there's new vapers coming onboard all the time and it's a mine field of products out there with marketing BS that can bamboozle even someone with a skeptical mind when there completely new to everything in a subject and will likely weight the opinions of some of these professional coil builders highly.

Im going to start off with a price comparison of Anarchist wire and a UK wire manufacturer I buy my wire from as I live in Ireland called The Mesh Company, they have different sites from what I can tell to focus on different uses for the wire, the site I used was wireandstuff.co.uk.
Im not affiliated in any way I've only made 2 purchases from them online.
The prices for Anarchist wire are from twistedmesses.com and Im using the cheapest one they sell.
Ok
Both are Ni80
Anarchist Wire 26g, 15 ft is $18 = $1.2 per foot
Wireandstuff 26g, 328 ft is $12.11 = $0.035 per foot

Thats approximately a 40 times more expensive.

Now the composition of the wire.
Anarchist wire.
They gives no technical data/information for there wire nothing they say can be nailed down to a data point that actually means anything, Competition grade, extremely high-grade form of Nichrome it's all marketing, they dont give any breakdown or percentages.
The only data is the weight Weight 0.012 lbs
They also dont tel you what the resistance per meter of there wire is they give no way to compare against another Ni80 wire which I can understand given the price there charging

Wireandstuff
Wire Specifications:
Measured Resistance - 578 ohms/m
Spool Size - 100 + Metres
Wire Thickness - 0.05mm (50 Micron or - AWG)
Linear Expansion Coefficient 10-6/°C - 17.5
Thermal Conductivity Wm-1 °C-1 - 15
Heat Resistance - Up to 1000°C (1832°F).
Nickel Chrome (NrCr 80/20) is widely known for its suitability for use alongside superfine vape mesh for wicking in e-cigarette atomizers.

Common Application(s):
Nickel chrome 80/20 is commonly used as a heat treatment wire.
Technical Specification:
Ni - Rest
Cr - 20.0 - 23.0
Fe - <1.0

Max Continuous Service Temp Of Element - 1200
Resistivity at 20oc - 1.09
Density (g/cm3) - 8.40
Thermal Conductivity (KJ/m.h.oC) - 60.3
Coefficient of Lines Expansion - 18.0
Melting Point (approx) (oC) - 1400
Elongation at Rupture (%) - >20
Micrographic Structure - Austenite
Magnetic Properties - Nonmagnetic

Thats only for Ni80 but they also do about 10 different Nickel alloys and pure Nickels for vaping.
They do the usual ones Ni60, 80, 90, NiFe48, 52, 70, Nickell titanium,
Ni200 hard wire Ni200 soft and Ni 205
They also carry a range of Stainless Kanthal and titanium.

Ok so on to Twisted Messes Ni80 which wont take as long the Technical data is the same format for for different gages.

Price comparison Ni80
Twisted Messes 44g is $29.99 for 500Ft = $0.06 per foot
Wireandstuf 44g is $4.69 for 495Ft = $0.01 per foot

It's not the 4000% difference of anarchist wire but it is around 500%.

I also really dislike the way allot of these "pro builders" promote the wires it's not clear it's advertising many of them are friends and in general I dont have a problem giving your friends a shoutout but I think there going past that and given the staggering premium you will be paying and the lack of any technical information to tell what you just payed a premium for I just thinks it comes across as a little bit shady to me.

Im sure in the US theres wire manufacturers with similar prices as the UK guys.

I've definitely heard of Temco and Vapowire
Even other resellers are going to be cheaper then the above.
Amazon.com has good prices also.

The bottom line is this if someone is trying to charge me 500% to 4000% more for a product that company has to demonstrate what makes their product better with some real information that can be used to compare and make a valuation marketing BS is not good enough.

Anyway that my 2cents on the subject.

Deepwinter

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
I'm with you. I find Lightning Vapes via eBay is the cheapest (they discount when you order multiple spools). To me, wire is wire is wire, unless there is some real indication of quality like a purity %age or something to that effect.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Agreed wiresandstuff also give you a free roll for every 4 rolls you buy they will also through in some Organic Japanese cotton.

Deepwinter

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
I've been buying Kbee vapes wire. In my opinion it's better qualty and less expensive than lightning vapes. The customer service is also much better.
Looks good
Still a little more expensive compared to UK prices for Wireandstuff I didn't do a comprehensive comparison, I just picked out 40g SS316L
Kbee Vape wire = $16.50 for 500 Ft = $0.03 per Foot
WireAndStuff = $5.75 for 492 Ft = $0.01 per Foot

It's probably because there's no middle man from Wireandstuff they are a manufacturer who also sell direct online so your essentially getting wholesale prices theres no distributor and retail layer to pay for.

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
I ordered different gauges of 304 SS from a beekeepers shop. Yes, really. It cost next to nothing.
If you think about it, of course all those "vape wire" companies dont make those wires themselves. Just no way. So whats left? They buy the stuff in bulk, bag it and put a fancy logo on it.
No, thanks.

I stick to the general rule not to buy batteries, wire and wicking material in vape shops or from vape companies. Its all a ripoff.

Reactions: Deepwinter

Deepwinter

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
I ordered different gauges of 304 SS from a beekeepers shop. Yes, really. It cost next to nothing.
If you think about it, of course all those "vape wire" companies dont make those wires themselves. Just no way. So whats left? They buy the stuff in bulk, bag it and put a fancy logo on it.
No, thanks.

I stick to the general rule not to buy batteries, wire and wicking material in vape shops or from vape companies. Its all a ripoff.

I have exactly the same rule :) I can buy 10 batteries for the price of 3 in a Vape store.

To be honest if I was running a store any customer who purchased a Mod I would sell the batteries at cost $3 or $4 it makes the mod much more affordable for the customer.
Say a customer wants an Wismec reuleaux RX2/3 from a shop The Price is $60
He/she needs 3 batteries thats $30 your now up to $90, instead if you sell the batteries at cost you get your mod and batteries for $70 give or take a Dollar or 2.

Vape shops make most of there money on eliquid anyway doing a deal like that would be a great way to promote the store.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Looks good
Still a little more expensive compared to UK prices for Wireandstuff I didn't do a comprehensive comparison, I just picked out 40g SS316L
Kbee Vape wire = $16.50 for 500 Ft = $0.03 per Foot
WireAndStuff = $5.75 for 492 Ft = $0.01 per Foot

It's probably because there's no middle man from Wireandstuff they are a manufacturer who also sell direct online so your essentially getting wholesale prices theres no distributor and retail layer to pay for.
If I bought wire from the UK it would cost an arm and leg. I'm in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread