Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Joel! Thank you for your in depth help! I know SE and have been using it for years. I feel so stupid to tell you that I was entering it all in but not changing setup from "single" to 'dual'
Hence I was getting something like 2.5 wraps and I knew this atty in question used to have coils that were wrapped at least 6 times.
Forgive me, I am 58 and sometimes forget my dogs name! LOL.
I so appreciate you going to these lengths to help me and YEs folks please forgive us hijacking the thread!
I am glad it helped!:thumbs: No forgiveness required; I'm not far behind you (I'm 55) so I understand what you speak of. It is not uncommon for me to walk from one end of the house, to the other, and forget why I needed to go there.:facepalm: :D

I'm happy you have it figured out!
(Now I too; promise to stop the derailment.:blush:<sorry!!>)

Reactions: chanelvaps

3vilpsychos

Oct 19, 2017
I'm finding 4 strands of 29g twisted to be quite nice. Great flavor, not too hot or too cool, little ramp time, and decent vapor production. Add in the fact that they're really easy to make and might've found a favorite.
Hive wire has so much to offer. Mad surface space, and tons of nooks and crannies. Could probably just drip on wire. It would soak up a hit of juice by itself
bc60e544cc2f3f623a3e51dc75d6683a.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Moezso

Nov 19, 2017
Hive wire has so much to offer. Mad surface space, and tons of nooks and crannies. Could probably just drip on wire. It would soak up a hit of juice by itself
bc60e544cc2f3f623a3e51dc75d6683a.jpg

Hive is where you twist 2 sets of 2 one way and then twist the twists together the other way, correct?

Reactions: stols001

3vilpsychos

Oct 19, 2017
That is what is said, but I've tried it. That makes the chain coil. It looks like a chain link. That is not a hive. Twist two sets, twist those together in the same direction. That is hive wire. To get it perfect will take practice. You don't want to over do it but if you don't twist it enough it will be inconsistent.

Looking back im glad I learned and perfected my hive wire technique. It's not as easy as it looks. It's very easy to over or under twist, and have it bunch up. It is worth the time though as i would pick this over any Clapton for vape, and flavor.

Watch it though its a sizzle n popper. I love that type of vape, lots hate it.

Have a great day brother

3vilpsychos

Oct 19, 2017
Oh yeah... Very important.. 28g SS 316l makes perfect Hives. I have tried 24-36g. The only guage I happy with was 28. It's thin enough so that your wire @4 strands is still reasonable. Not too big. If you use 30+ it won't wrap well.

I have spent some time now trying to perfect this coil and make it work. It all started with demon killer. There "hive coil" which wasn't even a hive coil. But im very thankful for those cruddy coils. They sparked me realizing I can make much much better coils

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Does anyone know where I can buy already made coils that are bigger than 3.5'? Looking for my Aromamizer 30mm Plus. It begs for large coils.
If you want SS coils AVS has some options above 3mm - Prebuilt SS Coils

I got 5 or 6 packs of 3mm coils from them a month or so ago and I am loving them.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread