Another case of negative PG in e-juice me up and other online calculators

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyP

Jun 27, 2016
Hi, I've seen this one on the forums but always a little different than mine. I'll try to simplify for brevity (I'll post a screenshot if the forum will allow).

I'm entering the following in the ejuice Me Up calculator:
Nic PG 50% VG 50% 36 mg/ml
Target strength 18 mg/ml
make 30 ml
0% water, vodka, pga
7 flavors totaling 28% all 100% PG
Target PG 35% VG 65%

When I calculate I get an error to add more PG (-5.4 ml)

So what confuses me is if I'm using 50/50 Nic then 25% of total would be PG
The 7 flavors at 100% PG would add another 28% for a total of 53% PG, right?

It has me adding 12 ml VG (40%)

But why would I add PG if I'm already at 53% PG?

Thanks for your help. I've perused several forums but couldn't find an answer to my specific problem, I'm probably missing something stupid.

Roy

PG neg.JPG

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
your target vg ratio (bottom, on left) is 65% - given the numbers you are inputting and a nic base that is 50/50 to start with, you cannot get a 65% vg juice with that recipe... if you were using a 100mg nic in a 50/50 base, would be doable, but as is, you are using 7.5ml of PG from nic base, 8.6 ml of PG based flavoring... (total of 16.1ml PG essentially - already well past 35% threshhold you have established)

essentially, you are getting a negative PG number because that recipe with those target parameters will not work

if you want to mix 65% vg with a 50/50 base and a flavor ratio that high, going to have to get higher strength nic base

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
When I calculate I get an error to add more PG (-5.4 ml)

The error isn't telling you to add more PG. It's telling you that you can't arrive at your target based on the ingredients you have on hand. As dcfluegel already stated, you can't make that particular recipe with the ingredients you have on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread