The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Another case of negative PG in e-juice me up and other online calculators

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by RoyP, Jun 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RoyP

RoyP New Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Hi, I've seen this one on the forums but always a little different than mine. I'll try to simplify for brevity (I'll post a screenshot if the forum will allow).

I'm entering the following in the eJuice Me Up calculator:
    Nic PG 50% VG 50% 36 mg/ml
    Target strength 18 mg/ml
    make 30 ml
    0% water, vodka, pga
    7 flavors totaling 28% all 100% PG
    Target PG 35% VG 65%

When I calculate I get an error to add more PG (-5.4 ml)

So what confuses me is if I'm using 50/50 Nic then 25% of total would be PG
    The 7 flavors at 100% PG would add another 28% for a total of 53% PG, right?

It has me adding 12 ml VG (40%)

But why would I add PG if I'm already at 53% PG?

Thanks for your help. I've perused several forums but couldn't find an answer to my specific problem, I'm probably missing something stupid.

Roy

PG neg.JPG

2. dcfluegel

dcfluegel Shenaniganator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2015
    Cleveland TN
    your target vg ratio (bottom, on left) is 65% - given the numbers you are inputting and a nic base that is 50/50 to start with, you cannot get a 65% vg juice with that recipe... if you were using a 100mg nic in a 50/50 base, would be doable, but as is, you are using 7.5ml of PG from nic base, 8.6 ml of PG based flavoring... (total of 16.1ml PG essentially - already well past 35% threshhold you have established)

essentially, you are getting a negative PG number because that recipe with those target parameters will not work

if you want to mix 65% vg with a 50/50 base and a flavor ratio that high, going to have to get higher strength nic base

• Like Like x 4
  3. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    The error isn't telling you to add more PG. It's telling you that you can't arrive at your target based on the ingredients you have on hand. As dcfluegel already stated, you can't make that particular recipe with the ingredients you have on hand.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Maestro

Maestro Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2012
    Windsor, Ontario
    You're already over on the PG by 5.4 mils due to the PG in your nic and flavors. You'll have to change the PG/VG ratio. If you want to make juice that high in VG you should be using 100% VG nic.

5. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
  6. juicynoos

juicynoos Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi and welcome. let me say 1st that is nice recipe:vapor: if you look in the right hand column, you'll see it takes 15 ml of nic liquid or 50% of your recipe total of 30 ml to give you 18 mg strength.

EDIT: Input Target PG 53 to be precise.

Good luck:)

7. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    at 50/50 nic base you are already over what you desire... you will need to use 100VG nic base to get what you want..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.