Status
Not open for further replies.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
I think I want the goon , just curious if anyone has been using one regularly can clue me in on the build quality. It looks nice but I no longer trust you tube reviews as they seem off to me . Figure it's better to ask someone who doesn't have anything to gain amd uses it daily.
I've got a few...2 of the 24s and 1 of the 22s. Build quality is fantastic IMO. I jumped on the Goon train mainly due to wanting to build some big coils with big exotic wires, and the lead clamps are perfect for that.

I only have experience with the authentics though...the clones may not be up to the same standards of quality.

Reactions: Mike .. w

Mike .. w

Nov 3, 2016
I've got a few...2 of the 24s and 1 of the 22s. Build quality is fantastic IMO. I jumped on the Goon train mainly due to wanting to build some big coils with big exotic wires, and the lead clamps are perfect for that.

I only have experience with the authentics though...the clones may not be up to the same standards of quality.
Awesome thank you, I'm gonna pick it up at a shop where I live . Hopefully they are not clones not sure how to tell lol. Thanks again much appreciated.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Awesome thank you, I'm gonna pick it up at a shop where I live . Hopefully they are not clones not sure how to tell lol. Thanks again much appreciated.
Clones shouldn't have serial numbers on the bottom of them for one thing. The local shop I got mine at had both clones and authentic available.

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
Goon was my first RDA, I purchased it just for flavour testing originally. Soon as I experienced its performance (being my first RDA) I was converted for life, RDA fanboi. Its a little fiddly to build on (just a little) getting both coils glowing evenly compared to velocity deck but the performance is great, airflow awesome and the build is very nice as well.

I would not hesitate on getting one at all. I like it in stainless steel the most.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Goon was my first RDA, I purchased it just for flavour testing originally. Soon as I experienced its performance (being my first RDA) I was converted for life, RDA fanboi. Its a little fiddly to build on (just a little) getting both coils glowing evenly compared to velocity deck but the performance is great, airflow awesome and the build is very nice as well.

I would not hesitate on getting one at all. I like it in stainless steel the most.

It was my first good rda. The kennedy clone and rafale x I first used for tasting I was not a fan of. I haven't touched them since getting my 2 goons. They will be cleaned and thrown into the stash along with a number of rta that have been sitting unused in my atty stand for some months. Planning to order a few more goon clones on my next FT order and some other rdas. Love dripping when at home but when out and about I will often take my boreas for convenience.

Reactions: eLicky

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
It was my first good rda. The kennedy clone and rafale x I first used for tasting I was not a fan of. I haven't touched them since getting my 2 goons. They will be cleaned and thrown into the stash along with a number of rta that have been sitting unused in my atty stand for some months. Planning to order a few more goon clones on my next FT order and some other rdas. Love dripping when at home but when out and about I will often take my boreas for convenience.

Kind of off-topic but my journey continued after Goon with the 30mm Buddha V3 RDA.

FT have good clones. Suggest adding Buddha to your order.

I still use my Goon in single coil mode atm for testing flavour percentages, even then it still shows the performance and I continue using it some days for a while. I have the Kennedy 25 but it spat and lightly burnt my front tooth on the first night. I enjoyed its performance but Buddha takes first seat.

Reactions: Fozzy71

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I have both a clone and an authentic and other than the o rings being a little loose on the clone and the airflow not allowing for single coil on the clone they are both great attys
My clones I got locally has single flavor airflow as do the clones I have in my FT cart. I actually set one of them up in single flavor mode yesterday for the first time and quickly learned you can't drip as many drips with half the rayon in it (that was messy) but you still get about as many pulls before you have to drip again. Almost the same ohms (0.31) in my single as my dual coil build (0.29), running in TC mode, and it gives a pretty nice vape. Not as much vapor as the dual coil build but it gives good flavor with half the airflow. Single coil is a lot easier to build with the spring-less clamp system.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
My authentic 24mm Goon is by far my favorite RDA, and I've owned many RDA's, and have tried many, many more RDA's over the years. The build quality of the Goon is absolutely fantastic, as is its ease of building and its performance. Get one, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: havok333

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
If you buy at fasttech, be sure to buy the Goon with the beveled clamps. Allows single or dual coil A/F adjustment.
Bought a brass & copper.24mm.
Use on a noisy cricket with a Clapton 1.4 ohm build.
Also bought a 22m authentic stateside in black, .25 SS slick builds on mechs..
All in all you won't go wrong with a clone Goon..

Reactions: T0mmy1977
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread