Same build in different attis: what a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
This all may seem like common sense but it's very important and I didn't realize it myself fully at first. I bought SS 316L 24G wire about 2 weeks ago. First I tried contact coils and didn't like them so I started building spaced coils. The build was 10 wraps with the SS 24G 3mm inside diameter spaced. I tried it in the velocity v2 and the tsunami 24 but something was telling me I was wasn't satisfied. The flavor wasn't fully there, as if the flavor wasn't hitting me right away and I was definitely missing something.

After 2 weeks as a last resort I thought about putting that build in the Goon 1.5 but i was contemplating it because I had a nice set of fused claptons in there. I took them out anyway and made the SS spaced build in the Goon. I cranked it to 85W and the result was amazing. A smooth hottish build, full of flavor, hits immediately with no ramp up. It's like my desired build finally met it's place, in the Goon. Much better than the fused claptons I had in the Goon. I finally found what I needed with this specific wire.

My experience goes to show that it makes a ton of a difference which atti you use, even if you have the same build on 2 different atti's. On every atti you need to build different to suit your needs. It also shows the importance concerning new members, to ask what atti they are using especially if they are speaking about a build. It makes a huge difference.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree. Different atomizers and different coils can make a huge difference in flavor, vapor production, or both. The trick is being willing to experiment with different atomizers, wire, builds, etc to find your individual "sweet spot". And what I like, others may not, and vice versa.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I'm constantly going back and forth between a 24mm mage rta and. 24mm troll rda that i put identical coils in, read at same resistance, .15 nasty twisted wire, 2 26 round twisted then twist that with a flat wire, 2mm id 6 wraps :) The rta i run at 63 watts and it's great with flavor and pretty good with cloud. In the rda I have to get it up to 95 watts before I'm happy at all and could go up to 100 easily, bigger cloud, same flavor.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Two different tanks can definitely make a difference and different coils too, but different builds on the same tank with the same set up can also be night and day...I vape at least 7 different rta's every day, so I'm always rewicking. Even after 6 years in rebuildables, I can still do a build and rewick that was not as good as the previous one with the same exact build...I probably am able to build and rewick 95 percent the same every time, but sometimes I just don't hit it perfectly. And sometimes it can take 2 extra tries to get it perfect. It can be that that piece of kanthal was a bit off, or the section of cotton just wasn't perfect. I could be I slightly wicked it to tight or too loose. I'm sure it was the tanks in your case, but don't give up on that same exact build in the first tank, you might just find you can tweak it slightly to get almost as good a vape as the other

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: sorrynomore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread