Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I think you vape just the perfect amount.

20150725_162608.jpg

So, for those of you who might like something with a bit more flair than the clear glass tanks, check out what Phiniac is doing. They are just now starting their line of Phiniac Kabuki glass tanks, in a variety of designs. The tanks are the original and authentic House of Hybrids quarts tanks, and Phiniac does the art on them.

Anyone a Dolphins fan?

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
Zenkote gun metal kabuki tanks are coming
Does anyone know which IBTanked glass works with the Kabuki? I don't have one yet, but will be ordering some supplies from IBTanked, so will pick up a couple tubes, but I'm not sure if the Kabuki uses the ZTall or ZShort tube.
Zen Short......I just order and received two from them perfect fit.

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
I have no complaints about the glass I got from IBTanked:) I did talk to OCD on phone and ask him the difference between fused quartz and pyrex. Fused quartz is harder shinier then Pyrex but it breaks easy because of its hard and doesnt like to flex. Pyrex has a little more forgiveness.

Zen has always used the best materials he could find for his Z2 line and all of his devices. The fused quartz looks damn nice on his attys but if your rough on them or always on the go I would recommend glass from IBtanked

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I have no complaints about the glass I got from IBTanked:) I did talk to OCD on phone and ask him the difference between fused quartz and pyrex. Fused quartz is harder shinier then Pyrex but it breaks easy because of its hard and doesnt like to flex. Pyrex has a little more forgiveness.

Zen has always used the best materials he could find for his Z2 line and all of his devices. The fused quartz looks damn nice on his attys but if your rough on them or always on the go I would recommend glass from IBtanked

Thanks, Gin. Being a notorious Breaker-of-Things, I think it might be a good investment for me to grab one or two IBTbackups.

MUCH appreciated!

Reactions: gin828

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I have dopped my ProVari with IBTanked tanks on the floor- various surfaces, had them roll around the car, roll off a table at the club during action sequences, multiple times. Haven't broken one yet. I did chip one on a bottom edge once dropping it in the sink and retired it, but they are surprisingly durable...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I have dopped my ProVari with IBTanked tanks on the floor- various surfaces, had them roll around the car, roll off a table at the club during action sequences, multiple times. Haven't broken one yet. I did chip one on a bottom edge once dropping it in the sink and retired it, but they are surprisingly durable...

Yeah - I've got a bunch of their carto tanks. They rock.

And I've got about zero doubt that I'm going to shatter at least one of my Kabuki ones. I just hope it's not the Dolphins one. I'll cry.

And then I'll order another one.

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA

I have a 19mm from IBtank and that thing has been through hell. Scratches and scuffs but never broke:vapor:

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
FYI...

I took my Kabuki base and set it up with the Zcarto top cap and upgrade chimney using the kabuki glass. It worked for a top fill option like the Zcarto tank but the flavor wasnt as good....about the same as the Zcarto tank with nautilus upgrade kit. I have always gotten my best flavor on the Zcarto at 1/2 to 3/4 full. The kabuki is a bit better than my Zcarto tanks.

I had a chat with Zen on this.... he said that high capacity tanks dont wick as fast as smaller tanks. My little experiment proved it to me. So I dont think we will see a bigger tank in the future unless its a totally new design.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
the kabuki body is gunmetal with regular fused quartz:)

I thought it said SS.. So is it see through? Even just marginally?

On size, for out and about I either want a Billet Box (6ml) or a 5ml SS Naughty. I just really need to have more than 2ml for that. I don't want to fill multiple times during a workday.

I'm fine with them as they are, but they'll always be house tanks for me at 2ml.

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
I thought it said SS.. So is it see through? Even just marginally?

On size, for out and about I either want a Billet Box (6ml) or a 5ml SS Naughty. I just really need to have more than 2ml for that. I don't want to fill multiple times during a workday.

I'm fine with them as they are, but they'll always be house tanks for me at 2ml.

I know what you mean about the workday....I still use my Zcarto upgrades which work great when I am working and i can fill them in less than ten seconds if need be. It kind of nice having an atty that can use nautilus coils or cartos. Cartos are gonna go the way of the dinosaur :(

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I know what you mean about the workday....I still use my Zcarto upgrades which work great when I am working and i can fill them in less than ten seconds if need be. It kind of nice having an atty that can use nautilus coils or cartos. Cartos are gonna go the way of the dinosaur :(

I know a few people who still prefer cartos, but it's dwindling. I love the Naughty coils, and like the smaller BVCs too. I've got a ton of options for both, but the Kabuki was a must have. I like both of mine a lot, but am filling them way too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread