Anybody Using A Kabuki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
While I wait for the P3 version to come back in stock I'm considering ordering the Mt. Baker 510 Edition as I can get it cheaper with a coupon I have but not really digging the blue o-rings it comes with. Anyone know what size o-ring I would need to replace those with? I looked around and no one seems to sell replacement o-rings for the Kabuki as of yet.

frazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Rhode Island
I bought two Kabuki's (P3 threading). Not very happy with my purchase overall. they don't sit flush. The word I got is that the machining of the base may vary causing some of them to have a small gap. I should have bought the 510 I guess but wanted the smaller footprint gained by removing the beauty ring. Don't get me wrong, they vape great, smaller than a kayfun, easy to fill and change the head. I just figured for spending the 180 bucks for two that I would be happy. Trying to see if they will replace the base for me or put me in contact with HOH, but no luck so far.

Reactions: Peter_C

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I bought two Kabuki's (P3 threading). Not very happy with my purchase overall. they don't sit flush. The word I got is that the machining of the base may vary causing some of them to have a small gap. I should have bought the 510 I guess but wanted the smaller footprint gained by removing the beauty ring. Don't get me wrong, they vape great, smaller than a kayfun, easy to fill and change the head. I just figured for spending the 180 bucks for two that I would be happy. Trying to see if they will replace the base for me or put me in contact with HOH, but no luck so far.
Zen can be reached here:

Contact Us

Keep us posted.

Jim

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
I have three of the 510 Kabuki tanks & love them! You can even get the special "blue" version from Mt. Baker and awesome glass tubes from Bedazzle for them!! :) I saw Zen's Provari with the P3 version on it & it looked great!

ETA: Sorry my pics aren't of them on a Provari :oops:

b83c9f7ef91c42a463486b17200c72cb.jpg

73504f67b2aa7bb8a34ab117295a1b22.jpg

?

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
I picked up some of the new cotton Nautilus coils a few weeks ago and brought my Nautilus out of retirement. I couldn't believe I actually used to enjoy that tank so much as the draw even on the biggest hole was way too restrictive. I love a tighter draw but the Nautilus is just ridiculous. Just got my Kabuki today and couldn't be more pleased. I don't even have the airflow opened up all the way and it's like night and day compared to the Nautilus and the flavor is amazing! Chain vaping some Max VG Bombies Black Out City and it's keeping up great! I was going to pick up the P3 version but it looks fine as is to me. Perfect match for the Provari imo.
j0gpPhO.jpg

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
One thing a lot of people probably don't notice is there no restriction in the drip tip or the chimney. Its open the whole way to the coil. I used the Zcarto upgrade kit which has a fixed draw and when I put a wide bore dip tip on it, the flavor was a lot better.
I use the CherryVape Cloud Chaser drip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread