Status
Not open for further replies.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I would agree with this; however, I would say there is an exception to this rule. I found myself in this very position recently. I wanted to buy an authentic rta this week that the Inventor/Company no longer appears to produce. I would happily pay full boat for the original but they just are not to be had at any price (least that I can find). So I was able to pick up a clone where under normal circumstances I would be SOL. And for the record, I am SO glad I did. It's a Great rta sans the fact it's made in China instead of Israel. I'll still be keeping an eye out for the authentic though and will snap it up soon as I lay eyes on it.

Yeah, I can go along with this. You had no choice, wasn't your fault...

No choice? There was a choice: to buy a clone or not to buy a clone; seems like a choice to me. Jim- simply didn't like one of his choices. Aversion to a clone can on go so far, you know.

Ouch. Okay. So if I make the choice to buy a clone because the authentic maker is now defunct and none are to be had its still a bad choice? Going to have to agree to disagree with u on this one. S'all good though, I really do see your point of view[emoji2]

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]
Hey, at least you bought the fake one because the real one wasn't available... :cool: :2c:

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Keep in mindthat this was a new to me build and I was sharing my thoughts off the cuff so to speak, once built, a coil properly maintained can last for months or longer, so a little frustration can yield great rewards. So far the Kabuki with the re-build deck has performed extremely well. I am very pleased with it. Still on my original wick with several re-fills. And re-wicking will be a breeze, a walk in the park. I am liking it way better than the Nauti coils, which are pretty darn good, but I get more vapor, better flavor, and that nice snap crackely pop vape from the coil that I built. I was on the fence before, but I just might go ahead and order a couple more of these re-build decks just to have them...
Can you post a link for the rebuild deck for me please. I bookmarked it (or thought I did) but now cant find it anywhere.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Anyone have anything to say about freezing FINISHED juice?
As a vaper that has transitioned to zero nic over the last five years, I may not have much to worry about with the FDA regs, at least as far as juice goes.
Keywords being "may not".
So I'd like to expand my hoarding to juice, but I've never frozen finished juices.
I'm sure I'll learned to DIY at some point, just as I learned to go from cartos to rebuildables.

Can I stock up on my favorite pre-made flavors, and have them survive in my freezer?
I know freezing the separate components always seems to be what people do...and I'm guessing that I CAN freeze finished products...

Reactions: ENAUD

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
As a vaper that has transitioned to zero nic over the last five years, I may not have much to worry about with the FDA regs, at least as far as juice goes.
So I'd like to expand my hoarding to juice, but I've never frozen finished juices.
I'm sure I'll learned to DIY at some point, just as I learned to go from cartos to rebuildables.

Can I stock up on my favorite pre-made flavors, and have them survive in my freezer?
I know freezing the separate components always seems to be what people do...and I'm guessing that I CAN freeze finished products...

Robino has said she has frozen her premade finished eliquid for up to a year with no issues, my understanding is she uses a net eliquid. I found when I kept mine in a cool dark place stored in glass it has been good for 3 years so far, made with synthetic flavors (per the manufacturers to have a 2 year shelf life) versus natural/whole/organic flavors though which have a much shorter shelf life.
They are having a good discussion on it here Kurt even chimed in :)
What's everyones thoughts on freezing flavoring

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

There is some debate on that, I have read posts from I believe (oops) (Yours Truly got the correct person) that she froze a sample for a year and it was AOK, I've also read posts saying don't freeze finished juice. Storing in the refrigerator in a lightproof container might be your best bet. PG and VG can be bought by the gallons and flavorings will be ok but you'll need to source them from non vape avenues in the future. Tons of DIY info out there now, and many clone recipes can be found. This info is dependent upon the survival of the various forums so my advice to folks is , why not learn now, while the getting is good? Without nic, you could invest about 100$ and be all set for a couple years worth of juice. A smaller investment just getting a liter of VG and /or PG and a handful of flavors would be cheaper than that. Actually, strait VG has it's own natural sweetness to it, some days I just vape away on my 60pg/40vg 6mg/ml mix with no flavor added.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Thanks gang!

I have been told that having finally stepped down off nic makes me one of "the lucky ones", and therefore I should just DIY.
But I have so many favorite pre-made juices, that I cannot imagine not supporting these companies!

I've got a couple of good friends that DIY and they have their own successful juice companies. I will look into learning from them.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Thanks gang!

I have been told that having finally stepped down off nic makes me one of "the lucky ones", and therefore I should just DIY.
But I have so many favorite pre-made juices, that I cannot imagine not supporting these companies!

I've got a couple of good friends that DIY and they have their own successful juice companies. I will look into learning from them.

When you realize how easy and inexpensive DIY is, you'll never go back to paying for vendor liquid.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
When you realize how easy and inexpensive DIY is, you'll never go back to paying for vendor liquid.
Most of my juice is DIY but I still have a few store made favorites that I buy for a treat and/or for something different from time to time.

Would suck if I couldn't buy my Cuttwood Boss Reserve in the future, but I would make do with about 20 years of frozen nic for DIY.

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
I have been doing DYI for over year. Eight months ago I made some 500ml 50/50 batches with no nicotine. They taste and look like juice I just made. I had some juice that contained 12mg nic that didnt fare so well tasted pretty faded.

With that said..... I didnt use any fancy colored glass bottles. Just good old Ball Mason Wide Mouth Pint jars. Kept them in a dark cabinet in a cool room in the basement. I think they would be fine at 12 months but if the juice has nic maybe a month or two before you notice a major flavor change.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
hmm? Didn't know there were 3 sizes of o-rings for the Kabuki 'till I got my order of parts from HoH.

KabukiRings_zpszwmpz3vr.jpg

Left: O-rings shipped w/ the poly tank are ~18mm od x 14mm id
Center: OMG rings ~16mm od x 12mm id
Right: rings included w/ the 510 repair kit are: ~15mm od x 11mm id

Disclaimer: 69 year old eyes don't focus well on mm lines so don't take these measurements as gospel.

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
hmm? Didn't know there were 3 sizes of o-rings for the Kabuki 'till I got my order of parts from HoH.

KabukiRings_zpszwmpz3vr.jpg

Left: O-rings shipped w/ the poly tank are ~18mm od x 14mm id
Center: OMG rings ~16mm od x 12mm id
Right: rings included w/ the 510 repair kit are: ~15mm od x 11mm id

Disclaimer: 69 year old eyes don't focus well on mm lines so don't take these measurements as gospel.
That's Odd...

Curious what the answer might be.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
That's Odd...

Curious what the answer might be.

I think I remember reading that the poly tanks work better w/ the original o-rings than the OMGs. I can only guess that Zen came up w/ an alternative o-ring for the poly tanks.

Posted about it to get any feedback others have about it ... just curious. But now I 'need' some spares for the poly tank size. I order a couple of the 510 kits and 1/2 doz of the OMGs just for spares. Geez!

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I have the nic in the fridge as well. If it has pg in the mix, it should be ok, as it still won't freeze. Just been afraid to try it.

Knife

Yeah, I just got 3L of NN Armor v3 100mg/ml nic to tuck away in the freezer. I'd just as soon not ever have to use it, but the way things are going: Better Safe Than Sorry.

I need to transfer it into glass at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread