Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
It's sad to see how many people have to puff themselves up by putting others down. There are many of us that have a 'live and let live' philosophy. vape what works for you, that's all that matters. Welcome to ECF. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable!

I second reading the tootle puff thread while the forum is down. Nice group of supportive, non-judgmental folks, with quite a bit of fun tossed in. You'll be ready to join in when the forum is up again!

Reactions: Dixie1954

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
A great line I heard about the Internet, and a lot of other social media sites (heard it on NCIS):
"A cesspool of questionable human behavior"...

NCIS?
Heck thats reddits tagline lo!

They would hate me then, mine costs about $18 a pint to make lol

Last edited:

haveblue

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
Kansas
To heck with them! If what you like works for you, then THAT is the answer.
I have only been vaping for about 5 months, but have found the S.I. Country in an iclear 16 on an x2 to be my adv..It is cheap at 7.00 for a 30 mill bottle..very clear juice (will not quickly burn out coils) I just dont see any reason to criticize anyone for thier choice of vape!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Oh, no matter your equipment, juice and vaping style, someone has something to say about it. I don't know why, but I guess insecure bullies hiding in the anonomous internet behind their keyboards. All is not rosy here either, but I've met more kind, generous people than boogers.

Just do what you enjoy and celebrate breaking your tobacco addiction.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
its that whole 'common interest' thing that got me a while back, when I first moved out I was really into rallyX and cars, so i joined groups and such that shared the interest, but found I didn't get along with the majority of people at meets. There are a lot of close-minded people out there, whether it be the subject of color, sex or sexuality, or just how you are, people tend to make up their minds about you based on what you look like/what you like/dislike, regardless if they really know you or not. It's the same with vaping, its just a common interest amongst different kinds of people, and not all will get along.

The funny thing about those car meets I used to go to years ago though, they act nice to you and put up some fake front in real life, but the .... always hits the fan on the message boards after the meets, not during. There are alot of two-faced people out there, and it's really hard to find good friends these days. In fact most of my IRL friends I've met online, and we became close friends before we even started hanging out/visiting eachother in real life. I just find that the internet is a double-edged blade, you get to see the bad and ugly or the good in people, but most of the time you can tell that's how they really are deep down inside, by talking to them on the internet.

Reactions: Dixie1954

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I have vaped some of the "high end" juices, Pluid, Mother's Milk and so forth. When I buy juice tho I get from places like Roar Vapor where I pay about $.50 a ml, mostly tho I DIY, and personally I prefer my diy to 90% of the vendor juices.

As to equipment I use both clones and authentics, if people don't like it they don't have to use it. Too many good vapors out there and lots of choices to waist my time dealing with over grown brats and them looking down their nose at people

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
But I have joined in on a conversation a few times and because I didn't have all high end equipment I got the "go away peasant" attitude.

I've experienced that kind of thing only a couple of times online over the years and I'm always quite happy to go away with a chuckle at the ignorance. The great thing about making friends online or IRL is we get to chose who we accept into our lives :thumb:

The funny thing about those car meets I used to go to years ago though, they act nice to you and put up some fake front in real life, but the .... always hits the fan on the message boards after the meets, not during. There are alot of two-faced people out there, and it's really hard to find good friends these days.

This is so true. It's the anonymity of the internet. More people feel free to let their normal inhibitions down online than IRL because there are much less severe consequences to it online.

The upside is you sometimes find out what people are really like when they're online :)

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
Facebook used for consumerism - and it left you feeling empty... sounds like it is working as it was meant to... lol. :p

There is a DIY section here... spend your time learning all the aspects to making some liquids you like. You'll have learned something (at the very least) and have that knowledge the rest of your life. Probably feel better doing something in real life and not being passive or keeping out with the Jones or some companies marketing of their $30 bottles.

Anyways, sounds like the Facebook group has reached the lowest common denominator stage... I'm sure all the smart rats have jumped ship already.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
No need to let anyone classify or attempt to out class you when it comes to Vaping.

It is all habitual and we ALL suffer it. No matter if it is Nic need, Shinyitus or Mod Envy every one of us has a crutch.

Me, I'm just glad the internet is the closest I get to most people. I don't tank crap from others well.:D

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Yeah, that is my problem, I need to spend less time on facebook, and more time on ECF

Twitter is a much better social environment for vapers than FB... try these: #notblowingsmoke and also #BigVapor and also #IMPROOF -- plus on twitter you can be nasty to trolls, which is frowned on around here. :D :thumb:

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Thanks everyone for the comments. I was afraid I was going to make people angry with my post, but I see people are a lot different in here then they are on facebook or Reddit.

Good moderation here... it tends to eliminate the riffraff. :D

Andria

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
As with any forum or internet human exchange of ideas, take the best, and leave the rest. Enjoy what pleases and fits you, and ignore what irritates or bothers you. This will greatly increase your enjoyment of the experience. I had to learn this lesson the hard way...

Reactions: 57chilicat

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
I don't ever gripe ..... about anything ...., I am very quiet and to myself a lot. A proud introvert so to speak. But this has been bugging me a lot lately. People gathered in a group "mainly facebook" and laugh and make fun of their local B&M's House Juice. Because nothing under $30 for 30 ml is good enough for them. I have great juice that wasn't massed produced and labeled "premium" Or others who rip apart someone for having a clone or whatever. Not everyone has the money to spend on this high end stuff ..... So I guess that means they should verbally be ripped to {Moderated}.... and called a cheap {Moderated}. or whatever. I thought the vape community was supposed to stick together and support each other's goal of quitting smoking no matter what device, juices what not. We have more things to worry about with fighting supreme court for our right to vape, not singling each other out based on how much your setup costs. Just my thoughts. Feel free to speak your mind.

So young and so naive.

This has been going on since man walked the earth. Jews vs Christians (religion). Apple vs Android(Phones), Domestic vs Imports (cars), Jocks vs Nerds ( high school)... the list goes on and on.

You wasting your time and energy thinking about this. Do what you want to do, but there will always be an opposing negative force full of haters.

Let it go dude. You wont change human nature.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Pretty much every facebook group, regardless of topic, is filled with chode guzzling .... toilets. Even groups for my favorite teams, just douche bags as far as the eye can see. The only ones I can even tolerate are ones that are pro vaccine and anti pseudoscience. For some reason everyone in those ones are on the same page lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread