Anyone stocking up for possible US ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueberry1946

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Massachusetts
The frequent laws that our government likes to pass that infringe on our liberties in the name of knowing better than us what is good for us leads me to think a ban will happen. Are any PVers stockpiling gear?

I am thinking about it; juice and attys. If/when a ban is up for vote scacities could soon follow. If I did stock up, likely I'd look to have a year's worth, thinking by then we'll have figured out a way around it.

In passing the other day I noticed several federal laws going into effect that I hadn't even heard about. Some things happen quietly and fast.

You are going to really, really, really like that Super6 when you get it! Congrats!

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
As long as there is 0 nic juice and people who buy it, they couldn't win a case to get PVs outlawed unless they could show they are inherently dangerous. Considering all the medicines that are delivered by PV, that's unlikely.

Were they to make liquid with nicotine illegal, I'd expect many of the current vendors would sell 0 nic only so the unflavored nic juice would be the only problem. If you got your hands on that, it would be "add water and flavor to dilute it to the desired strength."

I'd have no problem paying sales tax on my supplies. I would have a big problem paying excise tax. The feds have a $1.01 excise tax on cigarettes. Living in New York City, I was paying $4.25 in city & state excise taxes on top of that and sales tax on that $5.26 (close to another 50 cents.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread