Apex BF Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
Hey Ross, just built the Buhawi, was fixing' to be ...... at it since it took a lot of cleaning to get the crud out, but I like it. Built it with tensioned 28g, 2mm ID at .6, flavor is good, squonks great. Heavy bugger, I'll be in the fly weight class if I put this on my brass girl :D Thanks!:thumb:

Reactions: RiverNut

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Hey Ross, just built the Buhawi, was fixing' to be ...... at it since it took a lot of cleaning to get the crud out, but I like it. Built it with tensioned 28g, 2mm ID at .6, flavor is good, squonks great. Heavy bugger, I'll be in the fly weight class if I put this on my brass girl :D Thanks!:thumb:
I do like my buhawi. And you are right I need to get one of those fancy ultrasonic cleaner things so I can send the attys out without all that machine oil on em. I don't use anything but vg for cutting oil but some of those clones do come nasty for sure.

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
Anybody have any suggestions on ultrasonic cleaners? I would like something reasonably priced that will do a good job. I have never used one before so don't know what to look for.

I bought an ultrasonic cleaner but tbh wasn't impressed. I found best way of cleaning which has left zero oil in anything recently received is to use a child's tooth brush with fairy washing up liquid. Just scrub the hell out of each part under hot water and swill of well. Been working great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Are these the 18mm you were speaking of? I can't seem to get good throat hit on a 22mm in single coil without subohming.
Yes they are 18mm. I expected them to be here by now..... hopefully not much longer. Sometimes new products don't release on time.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Quite in here today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah......starting to think y'all don't like me anymore[emoji26] I suppose it will liven up a bit once I get something exciting to talk about[emoji6]

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
I don't imagine anyone but me thinks copper rivits, brass 510s, and lead free silver solder is all that exciting.........

Oh I do! [emoji6]

...and we still luvs ya [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
I don't imagine anyone but me thinks copper rivits, brass 510s, and lead free silver solder is all that exciting.........
[........] is a hint regarding the new top cap design. I hope it is well received as it should lighten the mod a bit as well as shorten build time [emoji57] it also gives the mod more character IMO

McPuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
P.A. USA
[........] is a hint regarding the new top cap design. I hope it is well received as it should lighten the mod a bit as well as shorten build time [emoji57] it also gives the mod more character IMO
Sounds like a win to me! Can't wait to see pics of the new set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread