ASMODUS MINIKIN V2 BROKEN SCREEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikkim

Jun 22, 2017
Hi Guys,

i recently bought a new Asmodus Minikin V2 - very nice mod.
After 3 weeks i accidentally dropped it from around 1 meter height and broke the internal touch screen.
The rest of the mod is perfect i can even vape from it, BUT the internal screen is gone so i cannot adjust anything.
I opened the mod and removed the screen hoping to find a replacement for the capacitive panel (i am an engineer so no problem doing that by myself).

The only problem is to find the replacement screen.

Anyone who got the same problem? Does someone know where i can find a capacitive screen so small?

I tried to contact Asmodus but they said they don't provide spare parts like that.

It would be a shame to throw away a functionating mod only for a $4 panel.

Thanks

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi Guys,
i recently bought a new Asmodus Minikin V2 - very nice mod.
After 3 weeks i accidentally dropped it from around 1 meter height and broke the internal touch screen.
The rest of the mod is perfect i can even vape from it, BUT the internal screen is gone so i cannot adjust anything.
I opened the mod and removed the screen hoping to find a replacement for the capacitive panel (i am an engineer so no problem doing that by myself).
The only problem is to find the replacement screen.
Anyone who got the same problem? Does someone know where i can find a capacitive screen so small?
I tried to contact Asmodus but they said they don't provide spare parts like that.
It would be a shame to throw away a functionating mod only for a $4 panel.
Thanks
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact these two suppliers:
SHOP
Accessories - Stuff for Modders - Kidney Puncher
Might want to re post in the expert/specialized forum(s).
re/simlar:
Modding Forum
APV and Mods Discussion

Reactions: Eskie

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Hi- sorry you dropped you new Minikin V2 and broke the screen! Why don't you contact asMODus- they will fix it for you- yes you will have to pay to have it fixed( you dropped it) but better than throwing away your new mod!
They have a repair department! If it cannot be repaired by them, they send you a new one- I have read some stories on asMODus Facebook- maybe contact them there?

mikkim

Jun 22, 2017
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact these two suppliers:
SHOP
Accessories - Stuff for Modders - Kidney Puncher
Might want to re post in the expert/specialized forum(s).
re/simlar:
Modding Forum
APV and Mods Discussion
Thanks for the suggestion.
I have just bought for a fair price a broken asmodus from another user.
The mod has some problems charging the batteries but the display is fine.
I am planning to remove the display from that mod and put it in mine with the broken screen.
if this doesn't work i will try to contact the guys from the website you linked

Reactions: BrotherBob

mikkim

Jun 22, 2017
I have a Smok G-Priv that has a touch screen, touch screen is great, I dropped mine from a 3 to 4 feet and it was okay, it landed on the rubber mat. It's about the same price as yours and the size is about the same. I bought a Pico 25 to use for outdoors, indoors is carpet
i think mine was just bad luck.
i dropped it a few other times with no damages. but that time i dropped it on cement and landed very badly.
btw i bought a silicone case for my new asmodus :)
I am trying to avoid Smok mods. i had a Smok Alien and got thousands of problems. the pin jumped out after a few weeks, the cable attached to the pin detached itself and after 1 month it started firing at all power without even touching it

mikkim

Jun 22, 2017
Hi- sorry you dropped you new Minikin V2 and broke the screen! Why don't you contact asMODus- they will fix it for you- yes you will have to pay to have it fixed( you dropped it) but better than throwing away your new mod!
They have a repair department! If it cannot be repaired by them, they send you a new one- I have read some stories on asMODus Facebook- maybe contact them there?
i spoke with them.
They said they cannot do anything because the damage was done by dropping the mod. so no new mod if they cannot repair it.
Also i would need to send the mod in the U.S. paying an initial fee and the fee for the delivery.

mikkim

Jun 22, 2017
What are the specs and what searches have already tried?
Unfortunately i don't have the specs. the screen is 1 inch.
I tried a lot of different searches.
The only thing i found was the whole motherboard+screen from the asmodus website (motherboard+screen+delivery+taxes+customhouse fees = 94 pounds -- no thanks :D)

but then all the capacitive panels i found online were way too big

Oomee

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
UK
The only thing i found was the whole motherboard+screen from the asmodus website (motherboard+screen+delivery+taxes+customhouse fees = 94 pounds -- no thanks :D)

Yes, I just found that one myself.
Good luck with the search.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If that's your situation, as an engineer collecting old/broken mods might work well for you, in general, rather than trying to get the company to do it for you.... If switching out the screen display doesn't work, it sounds like that might be the time to go to the company.... Unless you aren't fairly proficient (which I'm going to assume you are) then they aren't going to know that you tried to swap it out.

Good luck!

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

94 pounds for the board and screen??? How much was the mod originally?

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

mikkim

Jun 22, 2017
If that's your situation, as an engineer collecting old/broken mods might work well for you, in general, rather than trying to get the company to do it for you.... If switching out the screen display doesn't work, it sounds like that might be the time to go to the company.... Unless you aren't fairly proficient (which I'm going to assume you are) then they aren't going to know that you tried to swap it out.

Good luck!

Anna
yeah, that's another option :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread