Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
I'm not very good at reviews, but I haven't seen anything on this forum about this great mod, I just received it today so I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but I'll do my best with a review by the end of the week. Until then, the description from the interwebs, and a pic with my also new Freemax Starre Pure tank.

"The Minikin v2 180W Touch Screen Box Mod by Asmodus is powered by a GX-180-HT chip which incorporates the same battery power saving capabilities as its predecessors, but now features a new wattage cap of 180W and touch screen support! "

Minikin.JPG

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
My one arrived today, spent the day with it, sofar I'm loving it. It seems to fit perfectly in the hand. The finish feels very comfy (seems a lot harder wearing than I expected).

Not used TC or the power curve setting yet.

All together sofar I'm very glad I bought it as it was a spur of the moment purchase.

anthropolyte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2016
Bristol, UK
It arrived!

First impressions:
- Extremely good build quality, feels solid, no rattles, battery door is nice and secure
- Finish is excellent, "soft" to the touch, feels hard wearing
- Feels nice in the hand, easy to grip
- 510 seems pretty sturdy, although can imagine that the top surface may suffer from atty rash with enough time (protector may help)
- Button is nicely weighted, with a positive click but slightly "spongy" feel to it (I quite like that)
- Screen is clear and bright (has brightness adjustment, nice)
- Touchscreen stuff seems responsive, doesn't unlock when touched (needs a swipe down) so prevents accidental settings changes
- Menu is straightforward and contains enough options to keep anyone happy
- Fairly weighty, but to be expected from a dual battery mod
- Sled is well marked with +/-, easy to insert and remove batteries
- Purple is pretty :)

Overall well chuffed. Just need to get that purple drip tip now.

(*EDIT* Ignore the vertical black line on the display. That's just in the photo due to refresh rate of the screen.)

30278360834_ef2bb98802_k.jpg

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I've had my Asmodus Minikin 2 for some time now, and whilst I have not tested out its TC mode(s) yet, it has performed well in all other aspects. It is short, chubby and ergonomic. Its build quality is sound and rubberised finish feels good to the touch. It also vapes well in power mode and handles battery life significantly better than most other dual 18650 mods on the market. In addition, the touch screen is easy to use and navigate. In conclusion: I'm very happy with mine.
JUL2KZx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread