Asmodus Minikin V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeeeezy

Jan 12, 2017
Got my Minikin 2 as soon as it was released. Gotta say the battery life and low battery performance feels unmatched. I needed to swap out my LGs mid day with my minikin 1.5 but the minikin 2 lasts all day without any give.

After a couple months of use my mod freaked out on me and read "download mode". I contacted asmodus and they replaced my mod with a brand new one asap. Gotta say they are on top with customer service

irisev

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
After a couple months of use my mod freaked out on me and read "download mode". I contacted asmodus and they replaced my mod with a brand new one asap. Gotta say they are on top with customer service

I think this (reliability) is actually a concern of mine. The touch screen and the way it operates looks cool, but will it stand the test of time or is it an added complexity that results in reduced reliability?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I think this (reliability) is actually a concern of mine. The touch screen and the way it operates looks cool, but will it stand the test of time or is it an added complexity that results in reduced reliability?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I'm afraid if you're concerned with electronic components breaking down, then the best solution would be mechanical mods; they are less complicated, usually more rugged and can be serviced easily.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hawaiian Nate

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
Wisconsin
Got mine about a month ago and last week the ohms started jumping around from .22-1.09 and its supposed to be .16. Tried it with different Attys and same results. It fires way too hot frequently. Im surprised to hear a few other complaints about these issues on the asmodus forum as well. Gonna try and update the firmware later tonight and see what happens. Really sucks cause i like the ergonomics and design of this mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Got mine about a month ago and last week the ohms started jumping around from .22-1.09 and its supposed to be .16. Tried it with different Attys and same results. It fires way too hot frequently. Im surprised to hear a few other complaints about these issues on the asmodus forum as well. Gonna try and update the firmware later tonight and see what happens. Really sucks cause i like the ergonomics and design of this mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bummer. Let us know if the update fixes it.

Hawaiian Nate

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
Wisconsin
Bummer. Let us know if the update fixes it.

Yeah it's a bummer. I tried to update it this evening with no luck. One of the firmware files won't download so it can't complete the update. I downloaded the upgrade tool V1.1 that comes up then it tells me to hit the connect button and then it tells me to click the file button and another screen pops up but no file to choose from. Whack!
2679373e50a85d8fbc554b4fa281ece2.jpg
when I click the upgrade V1.1 the next screen comes up
6a71b33e8d6e8de8786611e1e9a9eabb.jpg
so when I click on the file button this screen pops up
6c7950d72ff4b10fda8eefde586289a0.jpg
nothing............. so I figure that I open the downloads folder cause that's the only logical thing to do and.........
ccdc714aca0e37a97783888205bbc6d6.jpg
yeah not that either.

Kinda frustrating.

I also sent asmodus an email yesterday about the problem so I'm hoping to hear back from them sometime this week.

I really like that damn minikin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawaiian Nate

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
Wisconsin
Well that sucks even more!!! Oh well, I guess it goes back in the box for now. I'm looking for a mod that has a design like the minikin 2. I looked at the rx 2/3 and didn't like the build quality. I also have a IPV D3 and absolutely love it but the single battery gets old when you have to change it frequently.

Hawaiian Nate

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
Wisconsin
So disappointed with this mod. I have an asmodus snow wolf200 that is an absolute beast. Only downside is the size. I figured why not get the asmodus minikin 2... same company same proprietary chip... I'm not into Facebook groups to purchase high end mods and also don't like being put on a waiting list to buy a mod either. Maybe I'll look at the new boxers.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Boxers are definitely nice but pricey.

I picked up a Smoant battestar recently for about $37 shipped on the advice of a friend. Really happy with it so far and the fit and finish on the copper is outstanding. Really easy to use and the TC SS316 works really well, maybe not DNA or FSK good but I don't feel I am missing much compared to my Triade, Finder 167 or FSK mods.

I was at a vape shop with my battlestar earlier today and put it right next to a Minikin V2 and was really happy with my decision. Even the guy behind the counter commented on how sweet the battlestar looked.

fae30912b5ba99576d493fe2891d00d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

irisev

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Boxers are definitely nice but pricey.

I picked up a Smoant battestar recently for about $37 shipped on the advice of a friend. Really happy with it so far and the fit and finish on the copper is outstanding. Really easy to use and the TC SS316 works really well, maybe not DNA or FSK good but I don't feel I am missing much compared to my Triade, Finder 167 or FSK mods.

I was at a vape shop with my battlestar earlier today and put it right next to a Minikin V2 and was really happy with my decision. Even the guy behind the counter commented on how sweet the battlestar looked.

fae30912b5ba99576d493fe2891d00d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Nice setup.
Agree about the battlestar, easy to use and works well in ss316l tc mode. Tends to be the mod I use the most nowadays, but still waiting delivery of my minikin v2

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
There's a new firmware update for the minikin v2. Might fix the ohms jumping.

I updated both of mine.

Let us know if you face any issues.

I saw someone on YT, maybe Daniel DJLsb or Grim Green, giving advise that a prior firmware update may have contributed towards the fluctuating resistance issue.

I'm still running my Minikin V2 with its original firmware.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Let us know if you face any issues.

I saw someone on YT, maybe Daniel DJLsb or Grim Green, giving advise that a prior firmware update may have contributed towards the fluctuating resistance issue.

I'm still running my Minikin V2 with its original firmware.

I'll keep everyone posted if I experience any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread