Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Im looking to get the mod only, no kit. I have the uwell crown and lots of .5 coils. I love the tank and it has performed flawlessly. I'm the type that uses just one tank, one mod, one juice that I mix. I like to find something that works and keep it until it dies or the tech gets so improved that it performs way better. I had the sigelei zmax until about a year ago when I got the Pegasus and crown and was introduced to the world of subohm which is amazing. I got the kbox 160 in January because I wanted dual batteries for longer use and loved it. Worked well in tc but stuck with watts. It busted for no reason so I can't get another because I don't trust it now. If I would have dropped it that would be different. I'm still unsure if I want the aspire archon or the alien. I like my Pegasus, it still works just lacks battery life and power of hit as the kbox taught me. Aspire has been good to me with the Pegasus so I might get the Archon because I like the features too. But the Alien has great reviews and more people seem to endorse it. I just want one mod that works and will continue to work for years to come. So I still need help, someone convince me one way or the other. HELP!!!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Oh yea and thank you, you guys for your opinions and experiences so far. And for the people that haven't posted in this thread. What's up, let me hear ya. I need your help so my next purchase is my last. For a while anyway. Aspire Archon, or Smoktech alien. Which one is still gonna be working this time next year with constant use. Gimme some wisdom forum goers. Wonder twins activate!!

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Oh yea and thank you, you guys for your opinions and experiences so far. And for the people that haven't posted in this thread. What's up, let me hear ya. I need your help so my next purchase is my last. For a while anyway. Aspire Archon, or Smoktech alien. Which one is still gonna be working this time next year with constant use. Gimme some wisdom forum goers. Wonder twins activate!!
the alien over anything aspire.

Reactions: madstabber

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Thanks Anthony for the Battlestar info. I like it and it wasn't even on my radar. The price is right and it looks tough. Does anyone have anything to add about the Battlestar, experiences, long term usage, gotten lemons, anything. Any additional info you can share with me will surely get you some good karma with the vape gods

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Thanks Anthony for the Battlestar info. I like it and it wasn't even on my radar. The price is right and it looks tough. Does anyone have anything to add about the Battlestar, experiences, long term usage, gotten lemons, anything. Any additional info you can share with me will surely get you some good karma with the vape gods
I do a breakdown of everything here

misthub.com code reddit15 for under 40 bucks shipped form the US

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Get the Alien. And the Aspire. That way you can't go wrong.:lol:

You can never have too many mods, or too much juice stocked away.:D

I'm on a tight budget so I can only get one. Man I really like the looks of the Battlestar. The copper colored one looks great in the pictures. Anyone see one in person? Does it look as awesome as it does in the pics? Anyone have the Battlestar for a long time, beat the hell outta it and it keep working? I think I might get a copper Battlestar

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I'm on a tight budget so I can only get one. Man I really like the looks of the Battlestar. The copper colored one looks great in the pictures. Anyone see one in person? Does it look as awesome as it does in the pics? Anyone have the Battlestar for a long time, beat the hell outta it and it keep working? I think I might get a copper Battlestar
If i was getting mugged i could probably throw it at their head, knock them out with it, pick it up and vape lol. the copper looks beautiful in person. even better then pics IMO. i use both my copper and yellow in my review vid i posted above. it'll take a beating for sure

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I do a breakdown of everything here

misthub.com code reddit15 for under 40 bucks shipped form the US

OH sorry dude, lol you get pretty deep with your breakdown. Thanks a million, I feel like a dumbass that you had to show me twice everything I wanted to know about it. Thanks Anthony, if I would have just shut up and listened you were trying to give me the info I was asking about

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have to admit that copper looks really slick. And I like there's no paint to worry about. Which is another strength of the Archon as the slidy door part is aluminum. My similar designed Plato feels great in the hand with just that body style. I will say there are a lot of Aliens out there with few real problems reported other than the paint, which is not universal anyway. I don't know of a lot of real life experience with the Archon or the Battlestar to comment on them. Looks like Anthony at least has the Battlestar covered. That leaves the Archon without a lot of feedback about. So maybe Alien or Battlestar? I believe the Battlestar is also more affordable.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
OH sorry dude, lol you get pretty deep with your breakdown. Thanks a million, I feel like a dumbass that you had to show me twice everything I wanted to know about it. Thanks Anthony, if I would have just shut up and listened you were trying to give me the info I was asking about
LMAO no apology needed. the forums move fast and it's easy to miss stuff ;)
i just try and do my best to inform people. and as someone who has 2 kids and coaches a little league team, I'm very used to repeating myself LMAO

I have to admit that copper looks really slick. And I like there's no paint to worry about. Which is another strength of the Archon as the slidy door part is aluminum. My similar designed Plato feels great in the hand with just that body style. I will say there are a lot of Aliens out there with few real problems reported other than the paint, which is not universal anyway. I don't know of a lot of real life experience with the Archon or the Battlestar to comment on them. Looks like Anthony at least has the Battlestar covered. That leaves the Archon without a lot of feedback about. So maybe Alien or Battlestar? I believe the Battlestar is also more affordable.
Alien is great. i love my aliens for sure. i have 2 and a 3rd on the way. and i have 2 battlestars. the alien has a nice screen, best menu system of any vaping chip, and i love the fire bar
the battlestar is much better in temp mode, feels more durable, and is really simple to use

if OP wants to use temp control, the battlestar is a better option, if not i listed the differences and can't go wrong with either one.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Didn't the Primus have some issues in tc? I might be remembering incorrectly, but I know my Koopor Mini wasn't the best.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk
I remember reading about tc issues and 510 issues on it but I don't have one personally

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
LMAO no apology needed. the forums move fast and it's easy to miss stuff ;)
i just try and do my best to inform people. and as someone who has 2 kids and coaches a little league team, I'm very used to repeating myself LMAO

Alien is great. i love my aliens for sure. i have 2 and a 3rd on the way. and i have 2 battlestars. the alien has a nice screen, best menu system of any vaping chip, and i love the fire bar
the battlestar is much better in temp mode, feels more durable, and is really simple to use

if OP wants to use temp control, the battlestar is a better option, if not i listed the differences and can't go wrong with either one.

Point in Battlestar's favor. TC does work on the Alien, but it's not something to write home about. I treat it as a wattage mod. Same for its little brother. When I want TC I reach for something that does it really well.

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Point in Battlestar's favor. TC does work on the Alien, but it's not something to write home about. I treat it as a wattage mod. Same for its little brother. When I want TC I reach for something that does it really well.

It works but not great and I heard the latest update broke it. Battle star is really good. Like right behind the big 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

GenoPrice

Mar 16, 2017
+1 for the Battlestar. Only had it a couple of weeks but seems solid and love the brushed silver, thinking of getting the copper as well. Also have the Alien which is great but doesn't feel as solid as the Battlestar.

Like the build quality and vape on the Tarot Pro as well but only fits 22mm attys with no overhang.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I'd like to thank everyone who replied to this thread to help me decide on what I hope is the last mod I'll need for at least the rest of the year. I think the mod for me is the Battlestar. I knew nothing about it this morning and the more I learn the more I like. The Archon and alien seem like decent mods, but I like the no frills look of the Battlestar. I don't care for all the color on my mods, I like the raw metal look. Also the Battlestar seems simple but with all the features I'll need. Most important it seems to me that it will be more durable than the other mods. And finally I like to use temp mode from time to time, with the .5 s.s. Coils on my crown, and from the users of these devices it seems that the Battlestar is the more accurate of these mods. So all that sums up why I chose the Battlestar in the "First Annual Battle of the Sub $50 Mods"

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Re: the Battlestar, I will throw out there that I find that it can get VERY hot if you vape at high wattage. After vaping with a Cloud Beast at 120w for a short while, the mod gets extremely hot and the batteries (25R) weren't. I no longer use this mod for any vaping over 60w. Also, the "copper" is paint and a heavy clearcoat, not actual copper. It looks amazing, but the clearcoat will wear. Lastly, the battery door on mine isn't perfectly fit and moves a tiny bit. Beyond that, it is a very good mod and I have used mine daily for the last couple of weeks.

My other daily use mod is an Alien and IMO it is a better mod than the Battlestar IMO. Not substantially, but I find it better built. I have had mine for almost 3 months and it looks like new except for a bit of normal wear on the bottom. 17000-18000 puffs and still going strong.

Lastly, I used to own 2 RX200 mods and the Wismec 510 sucks. Both of my mods worked fine, but would fail to recognize certain tanks. The wiring is apparently also crap, but I never had issues with that.

I still think the Alien is the best mod currently available in the <$50 range and I even prefer it over my G-Priv.....

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Re: the Battlestar, I will throw out there that I find that it can get VERY hot if you vape at high wattage. After vaping with a Cloud Beast at 120w for a short while, the mod gets extremely hot and the batteries (25R) weren't. I no longer use this mod for any vaping over 60w. Also, the "copper" is paint and a heavy clearcoat, not actual copper. It looks amazing, but the clearcoat will wear. Lastly, the battery door on mine isn't perfectly fit and moves a tiny bit. Beyond that, it is a very good mod and I have used mine daily for the last couple of weeks.

My other daily use mod is an Alien and IMO it is a better mod than the Battlestar IMO. Not substantially, but I find it better built. I have had mine for almost 3 months and it looks like new except for a bit of normal wear on the bottom. 17000-18000 puffs and still going strong.

Lastly, I used to own 2 RX200 mods and the Wismec 510 sucks. Both of my mods worked fine, but would fail to recognize certain tanks. The wiring is apparently also crap, but I never had issues with that.

I still think the Alien is the best mod currently available in the <$50 range and I even prefer it over my G-Priv.....
That's odd. The battlestar never hot got for me even when pushing 200 watts during my testing. A little warm at 200 but not to bad. U sure it wasn't just heat transfer of the tank?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread