Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
That's odd. The battlestar never hot got for me even when pushing 200 watts during my testing. A little warm at 200 but not to bad. U sure it wasn't just heat transfer of the tank?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Possibly as the tank was fairly hot as well. Happened with a Cloud Beast. Doesn't happen with the CB on the alien or G-Priv though.

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
Only mod ever to brick on me in 4 years was the Smok Groove. Ancient by today's standards but I can still remember the smell of the circuit board. Left me weary of Smok but did try the M65. that one still works after filing the chrome plating off the bottom cover. Still have 3 screws not stripped on that bottom plate and it's a well beaten beater mod now.

Reactions: Eskie

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I ordered the Smoant Battlestar in copper on Tuesday morning from Misthub. I got excited when I seen they're located in Buffalo Grove which is about and hour drive from my house. I figured I'd have the mod in hand by tonight. Unfortunately they didn't ship it until late last night and I still haven't got any updates on it moving through the mail system. I hope I have it tomorrow but Saturday is more likely. I'm excited to try my new mod out and I'm tired of this weak ... Aspire Pegasus. It hits like a little old lady with mittens on. I hope I don't get a lemon because every review I read they love their mod and you know there is at least a couple of lemons out there. With my luck I'll get the one crap mod that exists. Oh well I'll just look at more pictures of the Battlestar and puff on grandma's mittens to hold me over. Chuck a big ole cloud for me. Thanks again to all my fellow vapers for their great advice and a special shout out to Anthony Vapes for steering me to the Battlestar and doing a great in depth review.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I ordered the Smoant Battlestar in copper on Tuesday morning from Misthub. I got excited when I seen they're located in Buffalo Grove which is about and hour drive from my house. I figured I'd have the mod in hand by tonight. Unfortunately they didn't ship it until late last night and I still haven't got any updates on it moving through the mail system. I hope I have it tomorrow but Saturday is more likely. I'm excited to try my new mod out and I'm tired of this weak ... Aspire Pegasus. It hits like a little old lady with mittens on. I hope I don't get a lemon because every review I read they love their mod and you know there is at least a couple of lemons out there. With my luck I'll get the one crap mod that exists. Oh well I'll just look at more pictures of the Battlestar and puff on grandma's mittens to hold me over. Chuck a big ole cloud for me. Thanks again to all my fellow vapers for their great advice and a special shout out to Anthony Vapes for steering me to the Battlestar and doing a great in depth review.
Anytime ;) glad I could help

Reactions: madstabber

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I have been using my copper Battlestar for a couple of weeks and it is a great mod. I have a few friends that own them as well.

The only issues I have seen/heard of are the battery cover and firing button wiggle a bit, it can get hot at high wattage (100w+) with a tank like a Cloud Beast, the finish is good but will wear and lastly, the voltage reading only displays while firing which makes it damned near impossible to read.

Nitpicky items for sure, but I have not heard of many lemons. It is a great mod for $40 according to almost every review I have seen and I agree.

I would buy another one if I lost mine.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I have been using my copper Battlestar for a couple of weeks and it is a great mod. I have a few friends that own them as well.

The only issues I have seen/heard of are the battery cover and firing button wiggle a bit, it can get hot at high wattage (100w+) with a tank like a Cloud Beast, the finish is good but will wear and lastly, the voltage reading only displays while firing which makes it damned near impossible to read.

Nitpicky items for sure, but I have not heard of many lemons. It is a great mod for $40 according to almost every review I have seen and I agree.

I would buy another one if I lost mine.
That's good news, I can handle a little button wiggle or some finish wear. I'm probably just a little paranoid about lemons because of my kbox having never been dropped and just stop working on me. Now if I could just get my Battlestar, it hasn't moved since Wednesday just usps getting notified to expect a package from shipper. I should have just drove the one hour to misthub and picked the damn thing up. I'm getting tired of the weak vape I'm getting from my Pegasus.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
That's good news, I can handle a little button wiggle or some finish wear. I'm probably just a little paranoid about lemons because of my kbox having never been dropped and just stop working on me. Now if I could just get my Battlestar, it hasn't moved since Wednesday just usps getting notified to expect a package from shipper. I should have just drove the one hour to misthub and picked the damn thing up. I'm getting tired of the weak vape I'm getting from my Pegasus.
I think you will like it. Very comfortable in the hand and nice and light. Very well made for the $$$ for sure.

Let us know your thoughts once you get it!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
:mail::rickroll::toast::vapor:I got it, I got it!!!!! I love the look of my new Battlestar and it hits like a champ. So far so good. The one thing I didn't think about is because of the shape it doesn't fall over easily which I love. Just another of many things to love about this mod. In fact I might get another one in bronze blue if this one continues to impress. Just in case I lose or destroy this one somehow. I wouldn't have to go back to the Pegasus which, in comparison, doesn't give a satisfying hit.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
:mail::rickroll::toast::vapor:I got it, I got it!!!!! I love the look of my new Battlestar and it hits like a champ. So far so good. The one thing I didn't think about is because of the shape it doesn't fall over easily which I love. Just another of many things to love about this mod. In fact I might get another one in bronze blue if this one continues to impress. Just in case I lose or destroy this one somehow. I wouldn't have to go back to the Pegasus which, in comparison, doesn't give a satisfying hit.
Glad your happy with it :)

Drewbacca96

Feb 16, 2017
I

I know you already made your choice, just thought I'd give my 2 cents. I guided one friend to the Smok g priv, he is in to touchscreens, and loves it. I guided my other friend to the Smok alien, he got a silicone sleeve for it, so no paint issues. He loves it, and I'm about to get one to replace my Smok G320. I loved the G320, but after a couple of months the battery door started opening on its own. I love the user interface of the G320 and Alien, they are basically the same. My first mod away from pen mods was the Aspire NX75. The Aspire Archon has the same setup as the NX75, but with 2 18650s. The wattage and temperature buttons on the NX75 and Archon is genius, and I wish more companies did it instead of the button combo operation(Fire + up...etc). I can't speak highly enough for the Smok and Aspire mods I've been in contact with. I was considering getting the 2/3 or Predator to replace my G320, but I've seen too much bad about the battery connections and 510s. DJLSB Vapes just put out a video saying the 510 on the Predator is press fit in, and has been coming out of the mod for some users, and it happened to him. So I'm about to order an Alien, I was a bit hesitant, because I'm not huge on the firing bar. However, I've been borrowing a G priv recently, and it's growing on me. I don't like the touchscreen, so Alien it is for me. I was too late to input for your decision, but hopefully it will help someone else.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
I'm looking at these 3 mods. My kbox 160 busted after 2 1/2 months and I need a new mod. I'm trying to keep it under $50 and want a durable mod that ain't gonna just stop working after a few months. Please help me out with this decision so I don't buy another lemon . I respect the collective knowledge of this forum, there is none better on all the web. So if you have an opinion please speak up-which mod should I go with or am I missing a mod that is around the same price and is better? Help a poor guy out, please.
good choices though all good mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread