Aspire Atlantis 2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!!

I have a question about the Aspire Atlantis 2 tank I picked up today.

First off, I'm not too fond of the drip tip, does anyone know the size of it? is it 901 or 808? I like the kayfun drip tips where its a small tip and it just feels like the delivery is much smoother on it..

Second, I mistakenly used the 0.3 ohm head when I meant to use the 0.5 ohm. I'm getting good vape around 50 watts but it doesn't seem well enough. I'm currently on 60 watts and it's doing fine but not as well... Any recommendations for the wattage for 0.3 ohms?

Lastly, the taste seems a little off. I just made the switch from a dripper today to this tank and the flavor seems to be clouded with a "new tank" flavor. Is there a break in period for these things? I've been doing drippers for over a year now so it's all I'm accustomed to..

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I had the new tank taste on one of my protank 2's. I rinse everything off and let em dry when I buy new tanks now lol. And everything every tank I've used, new coils always have a kind of burn in period where juice doesn't taste quite right, usually 1-2ml of juice going through them gets them going flavor wise. But everything I've read about dripping, I'm not sure any tank can live up to that in regards to flavor.

Yeah I'm always a little wary on setting up and vaping straight from the box. Like you, I normally rinse and clean my tanks prior to filling them also.

Sometimes I use rubbing alcohol when the machining flavors are too strong (i.e. Kraken tank).

I watched a youtube set up tutorial and the guy started setting his up straight from the box so I just went along. This is also where I made my mistake of not switching to the 0.5 ohm. Now I have about 2 mL of juice in the tank and I don't want to waste it, lol!

Any idea on the size of the drip tips? This thing feels like I'm sticking chapstick in my mouth. It's too big for a drip tip for my taste.. hah.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Nope. It's a proprietary drip tip. I took the base from my Atlantis 2 and put it and the stock Atlantis 1 drip tip on the 5ml tank upgrade for the Atlantis 1. Works like a champ, and the airflow is much increased. With the new 0.5 coils, I can hit 50-60w with no issues or dry hits. Flavor is great. Beyond that, it's a bit warm for me. I know that's what the new drip tip is for, but it mutes the flavor, and like the OP, I just don't like it. With the 0.3 coils, I really didn't start seeing performance until about 70-75 watts. It's happiest at about 80-85 watts. Really warm, though, even with the new drip tip.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
If you have a mutation x v3 try the wide bore drip tip from that. Aspire recommends 70-80 watts for the .3 ohm coil & 20-30 watts for the .5 ohm coil. Give your tank a rinse and dry it out, let your coil soak up all the juice and you should be good to go! Hopefully they make a standard 510 drip tip adapter sometime in the near future for it

stewenbusiness

May 2, 2015
If I would like to buy an Atlantis v2 and I would like to make huge clouds, how many watts/coil/ohm/voltage recommend? I these eye with the iStick 50W solution.

As I read, for 40-50W the 1ohm would be good for me with 7 voltage. Is it good? Any disadvantages? (for monthly spend for example, is it expensive?)

I am a starter, please help me.

Thank you

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia
I've said this in other posts so I apologize for bringing it up again but, the new aspire occ coils literally take forever to get fully primed and juiced so you stop getting a bit of that "cottony" aftertaste.

I've been actually priming the top ,sides, dry pulls than let it sit for an hour or so. May be part of that taste your getting...

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Aspire recommends 70-80 watts for the .3 ohm coil & 20-30 watts for the .5 ohm coil.

I'm pretty sure that is a typo on the Aspire website. While the recommendation for the 0.3 ohm coil is right, it recommends 20-30 watts for the 0.5 ohm coil and 40-50 watts for the 1.0 ohm coil? I think the webpage has the 0.5 ohm and 1.0 ohm coil wattage recommendations switched.

Reactions: Ohm Gnome

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
If I would like to buy an Atlantis v2 and I would like to make huge clouds, how many watts/coil/ohm/voltage recommend? I these eye with the iStick 50W solution.

As I read, for 40-50W the 1ohm would be good for me with 7 voltage. Is it good? Any disadvantages? (for monthly spend for example, is it expensive?)

I am a starter, please help me.

Thank you

With the iStick 50, you won't be able to produce enough power for the 0.3 ohm coil. It will still produce pretty big clouds with the 0.5 ohm coil. Crank it up all the way to 50 watts and use a high VG juice.

If you see my previous post, I think the wattage recommendations on the Aspire website has the wattage numbers for the 0.5 and 1.0 ohm coils switched. For the 1.0 ohm coil, you want to be between 20-30 watts.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I received my Atlantis 2 yesterday and I absolutely love it. It only took me a few minutes to get used to the wider drip tip. One thing I noticed is that while the Atlantis 1 and Atlantis 2 coils are the same (they will fit into both tanks), the Atlantis coils are redesigned. The wick holes on the Atlantis 2 coils are wider than the wick holes on the Atlantis 1 coils. From eyeballing it, my guess is that the wick holes are double the size. I haven't even tried using the stock coils yet, as I am using pre-made nickel Atlantis coils, but this tank can chuck some serious clouds.

stewenbusiness

May 2, 2015
actually i use the istick 50w with the .3 coils, works great. i like the drip tip, the added airflow is nice. Never really had any issues with it, I love the tank.

On 50W?
Is that provide lot more clouds than the .5 coil?
Approx how many pounds to upkeep it per monthly? (I know hard to say, for example I will use it 2-3 hours/day)

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Thank you for the answers!

Can I ask how much VG should I buy? I saw "100% VG with distilled aqua", 90% VG 80% etc..." Or it is depends on me..

With the size of the wick holes in these new coils for the Atlantis 2, I don't think you would have any problems with wicking at all. I am currently using a 10PG/90VG juice in an Atlantis 1 with the original Atlantis 1 coil with smaller wick holes and I am not getting any dry hits at all. And the wick holes on the Atlantis 2 coils are double the size of the Atlantis 1 coils.

The higher the VG, the more clouds it will produce. However, flavor tends to be diminished with high VG juices since PG carries the flavor better.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Jseah - You said exactly what I said haha. 70-80w for the .3 ohm coil & 20-30w for the .5 coil. And yes the 1 ohm coil is rated for 40-50w. I'm not going off of aspire's website, I have an Atlantis 2, I'm going off the readings on the coils themselves. I tried quoting your post but it didn't show for some reason

Tom, I wonder if the wattage ratings for the 0.5 ohm coil is based on the coils for the Atlantis 1? The newer style coils do have larger wicking holes (they look to be about double the size) so the 0.3 and the 1.0 ohm coils should be in this newer style. Although the 0.5 ohm coil that comes as a backup coil in the Atlantis 2 also has the larger wicking holes.

Reactions: Retro138
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread