Aspire Atlantis/VaporShark DNA 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvellas

Jan 25, 2015
Denver, Colorado
Alright so I'm looking to upgrade, because I've got a good bit of money. I have my eye on a Vaporshark dna 40 with an Aspire Atlantis,but I have no experience with rebuilding. So I've got a few questions.

1.Do I ever have to take apart the box (aside from putting in new batteries)?

2. Will the Aspire Atlantis screw onto the VaporShark dna 40?

3. Will the setup i've described produce dense huge clouds?

4. I need a step by step guide on how to rebuild an Aspire Atlantis

5. These are just the questions that come to mind from what ive read so far, but is there anything else I need to know so that I can properly use this setup?

Thanks for the help guys.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
1 Should not have to take the DNA box apart to do anything but change batteries. I have a DNA 30 that i modified with a magnet back. Makes it easier. Quicker to change than charge them.
2 The Aspire will go on any 510 connector including the DNA 40.
3 Don't know I have the Kanger Subtank which is similar and it produces almost as much of a cloud as my drippers.
4 Should not have to rebuild the Aspire it uses a replaceable head some folks rebuild them. I have not done that head yet.
5 Again I do not have a Atlantis but the Subtank has wattage limits for the diff heads. 25 watts for the 1.2 ohm and 30 watts for the .5 ohm. I use that on my DNA 30 by the by so I know it will work. Unless you have a lot of experience rebuilding that head is a pain to rebuild for a newbee.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'd recommend a Kanger Subtank (mini or full size) or Delta II--both tanks offer premade coils made with Japanese organic cotton and a rebuildable deck. Aspire doesn't offer an RBA option--yet. I don't use Aspire BVC coils because they are filled with mystery fiberglass/ceramic paper, which I find mildly worrisome. But if you want to rebuild them, there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube.

If you want an RTA and want to build your coils with nickel wire (to take advantage of the temperature regulation of Evolv's DNA 40 chipset), the Lemo is a very popular choice among both nickel (and kanthal) coil builders.

Other than that, any atty with a 510 connection will work on your VS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread