Aspire PockeX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
Very close to it. The bottom of the tank is actually the top of the battery, making it an all in one like the Joyetech AIO.

Yep. Price range from 18.99 to 30.00. The Nautilus X can be found for about 24.00 but you need a 20 watt box to push it. It doesn't look like a bad setup for a beginner that wants the MTL experience like analogs.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Thanks for starting a thread, I've been surprised no one is talking about it either. I'm loving my Naut X's, and I'm tempted to get one of these. But 2 mils with a .6 coil sounds like a lot of refilling.

But I played with one of these at my local shop and it's really slick looking and nice feel. I saw somewhere that it'll come with a 1.8 coil too, but I wonder how it'll power it (if it'll be smart enough to adjust properly)

I have a feeling this will be far better than the AIO for someone looking for a looser MTL, but hoping to hear from some people using it. If they make a 4mil version- I'll probably buy an army.

Andy has a glowing review of it, and I'm finding his track record to be really solid:

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
Thanks for starting a thread, I've been surprised no one is talking about it either. I'm loving my Naut X's, and I'm tempted to get one of these. But 2 mils with a .6 coil sounds like a lot of refilling.

But I played with one of these at my local shop and it's really slick looking and nice feel. I saw somewhere that it'll come with a 1.8 coil too, but I wonder how it'll power it (if it'll be smart enough to adjust properly)

I have a feeling this will be far better than the AIO for someone looking for a looser MTL, but hoping to hear from some people using it. If they make a 4mil version- I'll probably buy an army.

Andy has a glowing review of it, and I'm finding his track record to be really solid:

Shouldn't the extension work on this just like the Nautilus X?

Not affiliated with this site, it's just the first one that popped up.
Aspire Nautilus X 4ml Adapter

ETA: probably not because the tank isn't removable.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
The top of the battery is a thick o ring type seal that the tank sits on/in.
The coil snugs down the top cover to the battery holding the tank in place. The tank is removable for cleaning it, but I doubt its compatible with anything else. That said, if you're looking at the all in one devices, this one is the best - I've tried them all now and none come close to this.
Really well built and truly fiddle free operation. Fill it and go operation.
Works fantastic with my high VG NET - no spitting, no gurgling and no leaking.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
They do use a .6ohm coil, but only run at around 23watts so the juice consumption and battery longevity isn't bad at all. The draw is more of a restricted DTL, not as tight as I have experienced on some MTL devices.
The air is not adjustable, it is fixed. I'm impressed at the amount of vapor and the flavor.

thunder kiss

Nov 29, 2016
Hello all - first time poster here. I found this thread because I just starting using a pockex today and the drip tip gets extremely hot after only two puffs (4-5 second pulls). Unfortunately I'm not exaggerating, but burn my lips hot. Has anyone else had this issue or could it be a bad coil? Just curious....it's unfortunate because I want to like the device!

Reactions: Vesh

Pamela Powell

Jan 3, 2017
Hello all - first time poster here. I found this thread because I just starting using a pockex today and the drip tip gets extremely hot after only two puffs (4-5 second pulls). Unfortunately I'm not exaggerating, but burn my lips hot. Has anyone else had this issue or could it be a bad coil? Just curious....it's unfortunate because I want to like the device!
Mine is also getting very hot, I didn't not notice it at first, but after using it for a week I do.

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina

Welcome to ECF.

Mine is also getting very hot, I didn't not notice it at first, but after using it for a week I do.

I haven't used the device you are using but I have used the Nautilus X with the 1.5 and 1.8 coils. I was never able to go over 14-16 watts without the drip tip get extremely warm.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Warning, dont order 1.5/1.8 ohm Nautilus X coils for it, though they will fit, they do not work well....you have to fire for a long time, and all you get is a wisp of vapor.

I found this out the hard way after ordering a PockeX for a newbie friend (over my usual newbie fave, the T18 & 1.5 coils) and 10x 1.5ohm Nautlius X coils and posting about my vapemail on my home forum...another member pointed out the 1.5/1.8 Nautilus X coils do not work well. Just popped a 1.5 ohm coil out of the packet and tested...yup, hopeless.

Stick with the 0.6 ohm coils with it....PockeX labelled or Naultius X (in my town at least you can get twice as many Nautilus X 0.6 coils as the PockeX 0.6 coils for the same money)

It seems that theres too many mouthpieces on youtube who dont test the other coils and just quote what coils are available for it, you know, the "reviewers" who are in it just for free gear that dont do actual reviews and test things....

Last edited:
Reactions: drysprocket

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi there.. I am a bit of a MTL fan, splitting my vaping, on average, I reckon 50/50 with DL.
This new year for my B day, my friend actually bought me one of these in white, as he swears by it and is solely a mouth to lung guy.
I can recommend it highly. I know the topic is a few months old, but I was going to start a topic raving about the pockex anyway, so this seemed like the right place to do it.
Caveats are few:
-only the 0.6 ohm coils work well in it
-Drip tip with the 0.6's gets a little too hot, and that's my biggest bugbear. @thunder kiss, so yes, indeed, that's it's biggest flaw, the drip tip heat. I would love to take a 5 second pull on this but can't as it would totally burn my lips, and i am surprised it's not mentioned often. Luckily, even with 2 seconds you get a real kick.
-No manual airflow control.

On the other end, the airflow is tuned so well with the 0.6 for MTL, it really would only be hardcore DL vapers that dislike it. You know when you vape on a tank that is so tight that it almost feels like you are not moving any air, but then there are others so loose, it makes MTL very difficult? Well aspire have nailed the balance perfectly.

Don't worry about using the 0.6 coils with high nic juice, particularly if you are tolerant of high nicotine and crave throat hit. DL sub ohm coils give you such a nic hit because of the airflow mostly, the way it all rushes into your bloodstream so quickly. Because of the way the airflow of the 0.6 pockex is set up, you don't get any of that issue. .In fact, i even tried halo tribeca 24mg in it, and did a bit of a chain vape, and i didn't get dizzy even once, not at all. To give some perspective, I smoked analogs every day for 20 years, highest strength, so I always thought I was tolerant, but when I first vaped 12mg juice in an aspire atlantis 1.0 ohm coil at 40 watts, i almost blacked out! (yes, the aspire atlantis mega with the 1.0 ohm coil really does work without dry hits up to 50 watts, it vapes like a big airflow sub ohm coil.. quite an achievement for 1.0 ohm, but I digress). When i use big airflow coils at high watts, I can only do 6mg or even 3.
I used the pockex exclusively today with the tribeca24, and didn't feel sick or dizzy once.
I feel the absolute sweet spot for the device is 18mg if you want good throat hit/nic balance.

It's so easy to fill, i love how it has a clearly marked max fill line (and aspire have been rightfully conservative there, even a spec over the line gives no overflow), it really doesn't leak, at all, and it's one of the few devices on the market that give that "oomph" in the back of your throat.
The device really is small, i can almost completely cover it in my wrapped, average sized hand, from top to bottom.
Therefore I think an identical device, with top airflow control and a 4ml tank, and say a 2200 battery, would be a killer option for aspire to bring out.. Basically their version of the joyetech aio pro. I can tell you, the pockex is a better MTL vape than any of the joyetech ego one based products I have tried, and i have tried all of them I think. I remember the first ego one used to drive me crazy with dry hits and gurgling. I guess this is why they are still in stock at many places, and pockex is sold out at so many places.
You literally get *ZERO* burnt hits with this device. even chain vaping. I can't recommend it enough for MTL guys or gals.
It really is one of the few devices I can get a TH with, which is the only thing I miss from cigs.
I heard juul is the holy grail of MTL throat hit, but I can't find a single store that ships it OS. So the aspire is a really decent option, and at least you can use any flavour you like.
I am going to start experimenting with the various nicotine bases out there now specifically tailored for high throat hit, and see if it makes a difference.. There's also a salt one out there with a smooth or kick option.

BTW, my friend got me the white as he said it was the only one in stock, and it looks much better in person, as it's a metallic white.. looks great actually. I think in the pockex though, the silver is the snazziest option.
You can also buy the tank replacements quite cheap at the official aspire store, so you can in effect create colour combos. I will order a black tank to put on the white body, when I order some batteries from aspire next month. It's only $2.

Reactions: Possum64

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Hi there, I am loving my Pockex but would love to get rid of the ugly, black drip tip. Has anybody found any drip tips for the Nautilus x or the Pockex to replace it?

I found some on fasttech, and tried one, but they're sorta big. But maybe try some of them out; they're pretty cheap.

Honestly, the only downside with the Pockex is you're sorta stuck with the drip tip. I ended up getting another Nautilus X tank and just using the .6 coils in it with the 4ml extender, and I prefer it over the Pocke (not as hot) but then it sorta defeats the purpose of the all in one. And you're stuck with the drip tip still, but the extender cools it off quite a bit, and you can adjust the wattage etc. Just fyi.

Reactions: Caprilli

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I hear you. I was after a small and light weight device to take out and about. I did see a drip tip adapter for the pockex/nautilus x but only in the UK and thought I would ask here before paying for the postage. The adapter seems to make sense.

I saw the drip tips on fasttech but did not fancy the look. I'd rather pay some money than make it look cheaper. So yes, I only want another drip tip to improve the look :) I don't drag long enough to get burned.

Stephanie

Reactions: drysprocket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread