Atlantis EVO tank leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik12

Apr 13, 2017
Sooo i recently purchased an atlantis evo tank and i have noticed that whenever i top it up with juice (as in when its less than half full) i generally tend to top it up before it hits to a very minimum and yesterday after topping it up and giving some primer puffs to saturate it i sat it down while i was doing something and when i came back i noticed the some of the juice had leaked through the airflow holes at the bottom. I cant figure out why?? Has anyone had this issue. i gave it good primer puffs but still it leaked. I emptied the tank to check if there are any parts that have a crack or so for this to happen but could not find anything

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I had this issue with an EVO tank only once (not counting flights with any tank). I have two EVOs and have been using both daily since they were released. The only time it happened to me was when I didn't close off the airflow before filling AND shot the juice in too fast with a unicorn bottle. As soon as I did it, I knew I'd wind up with a leaking.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Hmm, this has luckily never happened to me. I would say that this tank is one of the most leak resistant that I've found actually. When I take out the coil to clean, almost no juice is underneath it, so it seems like they've generally found a way to solve the bottom airflow leaking issues. But just my experience.

Are you using the stock coils? My only thought is that I know sometimes Atlantis/Triton coils can fit this or similar tanks, but that tends to lead to leaking. Also, I mainly only use the .5 coils. Maybe the .4's are more prone to this. Garnoch's point about the fast filling might be it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread