Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibisaurus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Las Vegas
So I've had a little trouble with my aspire atlantis 1 tank. I've made sure I have the correct coil in, but for what ever reason it will occasionally still spit in my mouth. Is this common or am I just doing it wrong?

Could be a few things..

- Flooded your coil with too much juice
- Got juice into the little hole in the middle of the tank (over filled tank)
- Not enough wattage (15W is too low for the Atlantis, If you are using a .5 OHM have it at least at 20w or higher)
- Clean your drip tip, and the hole that goes into the tank (Q-Tip)

Could also be your coil is done for :) Make sure all the seals are in place and everything is screwed on tightly.

I also use mine on an iStick 30w , Have had this problem every once in awhile. But it has always been when I overfilled my tank. (Not paying attention )

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I don't have an Atlantis, but I do have a few of the Nautilus by the same manufacturer. When the coil gets flooded it will gurgle and spit a little juice. The way to solve this is to turn the entire unit upside down so the coil cannot rewick and take a medium draw, which gets rid of the excess juice. Good luck.

tori_vapes_again

Jul 6, 2015
Ohio
Could be a few things..

- Flooded your coil with too much juice
- Got juice into the little hole in the middle of the tank (over filled tank)
- Not enough wattage (15W is too low for the Atlantis, If you are using a .5 OHM have it at least at 20w or higher)
- Clean your drip tip, and the hole that goes into the tank (Q-Tip)

Could also be your coil is done for :) Make sure all the seals are in place and everything is screwed on tightly.

I also use mine on an iStick 30w , Have had this problem every once in awhile. But it has always been when I overfilled my tank. (Not paying attention )

I thought maybe the coil had been flooded. I didn't prime it myself. The guy at the store did it. But it was my first time with a mod and actual decent tank. Before that it was all pens for me.

Reactions: Chibisaurus

Chibisaurus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Las Vegas
I thought maybe the coil had been flooded. I didn't prime it myself. The guy at the store did it. But it was my first time with a mod and actual decent tank. Before that it was all pens for me.

Same here, My iStick 30w and my Atlantis Aspire are my first "real" vape stuff. My first was on of those generic batteries with a plastic top piece that cost like $15 at a smoke shop.

It's been alot of trial and error for me. Tip your tank upside down, and open the bottom piece, use a paper towel (So you dont get juice all over your hand) and screw out the coil piece, use some qtips and soak up the juice in the well under the coil. Since that is where it would pool if flooded.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
FWIW, I have always found that the Aspire tanks (Nautilus and Atlantis) always vapes very "wet". What I mean by this is that it produces a ton of condensation, which also means that it produces a cooler vape. I have never run across a situation where an Aspire coil spit. My guess would be that you had gotten a bum coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread