Atomizer / Cartomizer for life....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Awesome, thanks l3oertjie! Now for another noob question, exactly how did you put it on? Did you put on the epoxy first, then wrap the graphic on? How (or did you) prevent the epoxy from permanently sealing the collar/cone on the eGo? What about air, does it restrict airflow to the atty/carto? Once the graphic is on, did (and if so what) you put something on the wrapped unit to protect it? I mean a paper wrap is only going to last so long.

l3oertjie

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
South Africa
Awesome, thanks l3oertjie! Now for another noob question, exactly how did you put it on? Did you put on the epoxy first, then wrap the graphic on? How (or did you) prevent the epoxy from permanently sealing the collar/cone on the eGo? What about air, does it restrict airflow to the atty/carto? Once the graphic is on, did (and if so what) you put something on the wrapped unit to protect it? I mean a paper wrap is only going to last so long.

Yankee802,

I wrapped the printed paper in a spiral wound onto the entire battery and atomizer. I then glued the end of the paper with a small amount of glue and then painted over the entire thing with a clear epoxy. Before doing all of this, I carefully measured where all the joints were and when the epoxy cured, I cut the parts apart with a sharp blade to be able to pull the whole thing apart again. I then drilled the air holes through the epoxy coated paper wrap (which was nice and hard by now of course). The paper that I used did not absorb the epoxy much and thus did not stick to the battery. The section over the atomizer is pretty much stuck onto the stainless steel.

The paper cone that fits over the battery lasted for quite a while but I did find that the VG eventually got onto the exposed paper on the inside of the cone and caused the printed image to discolour.

One day when I feel like doing it again I will seal the inside of the paper cone as well - or maybe use a different type of paper that would not absorb water. wax coated paper comes to mind, or even a plastic sheet. I'm sure that would then last a lot longer.

I am playing with a tank atomizer with a metal sleeve over it at the moment. I think it may work very nicely for this cigar thingy as well.

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Ok, got the paper, and printed up 7 strips on one sheet. This way if I mess up or need to replace it, I don't have to try to print on a cut up sheet, I already have them ready to go. For protection, I intend to wrap the whole thing with lamination paper/film, being I already have some. Being I can't imagine this is going to be permanent, and will eventually wear or peal off, I want to be able to easily redo it. Maybe the epoxy method would be best, but we'll find out.

I will go to the local craft store and try to find some kind of ceramic putty or modeling clay to make the rounded mouthpiece, ash cap, and smooth out the button area and fill in the windows of my Bud 'cone' for my Sapphires. Once I get it all done, I'll post my results and instructions if anyone is interested.

l3oertjie

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
South Africa
Ok, got the paper, and printed up 7 strips on one sheet. This way if I mess up or need to replace it, I don't have to try to print on a cut up sheet, I already have them ready to go. For protection, I intend to wrap the whole thing with lamination paper/film, being I already have some. Being I can't imagine this is going to be permanent, and will eventually wear or peal off, I want to be able to easily redo it. Maybe the epoxy method would be best, but we'll find out.

I will go to the local craft store and try to find some kind of ceramic putty or modeling clay to make the rounded mouthpiece, ash cap, and smooth out the button area and fill in the windows of my Bud 'cone' for my Sapphires. Once I get it all done, I'll post my results and instructions if anyone is interested.

And off course we want pictures as well!

l3oertjie

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
South Africa
Nice - can't wait to see the pictures!

I must say that I have tried many different attys and carts.

Thanks to Raidy's post on the genisis All-my-mods-part1.html, he gave me an idea to make a small cylindrical tube of stainless steel mesh and run the wick through it like this:
IMG_2998.jpg

It delivers a nice clean taste, clouds of vapour and it lasts a long time. I am currently sourcing the original wick used in the Ego Tankomizer and want to try that in this setup as well.

Off all the attys, mods and carts I have vaped - I always come back to this one. It just works. It's easy to fill and has no complicated parts or leaking issues. Mind you, turned upside down it will eventually leak out of the mouth piece, but I keep it upright in my pocket. Small price to pay for good performance in my opinion... :p

Yankee802, make sure you include that little pipe section in the cap. It has two functions:
  • Primarily to allow very close airflow across the coil
  • Secondly if liquid runs back into the cap the little pipe section prevents it from spilling out through the air hole.

Here's the picture again just in case you missed it....
Cutsection.jpg

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread