Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Just do be Clear. Is this Seller supposedly in Violation of a FDA Regulation? Or the Vermont Consumer Protection Act?

Or Both?
Good point, if they're allegedly in violation of Vermont state law, I'd like to see what the specific charges are. If it's the federal FDA thing, it wouldn't be the VT AG pursuing this.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Good point, if they're allegedly in violation of Vermont state law, I'd like to see what the specific charges are. If it's the federal FDA thing, it wouldn't be the VT AG pursuing this.

Yeah... Not to say that the FDA won't be contacting Vermont Vapor also.

BTW - I wonder if Dr. Tredwell is planning on Defending himself in this matter?

BTW2 - Looks like Vermont Vapor has a New Landing Page.

Formerly Vermont Vapor, Inc.

Check Out the link to "our story".

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Yeah... Not to say that the FDA won't be contacting Vermont Vapor also.

BTW - I wonder if Dr. Tredwell is planning on Defending himself in this matter?

BTW2 - Looks like Vermont Vapor has a New Landing Page.

Formerly Vermont Vapor, Inc.

Check Out the link to "our story".
My interest is piqued, and in the small amount of digging I've done, I don't see anything in the state's tobacco laws that would apply. The only mention of the consumer protection act under the tobacco laws is a section dealing with internet sales of cigarettes. No mention in that section of "tobacco substitutes" which is what vermont seems to classify vapor products as.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
My interest is piqued, and in the small amount of digging I've done, I don't see anything in the state's tobacco laws that would apply. The only mention of the consumer protection act under the tobacco laws is a section dealing with internet sales of cigarettes. No mention in that section of "tobacco substitutes" which is what vermont seems to classify vapor products as.

It's not the state tobacco law is the state consumer protection act on on supported medical claims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I don't think it has Anything to do with "Tobacco".

Because when I Google this "[Vermont] Consumer Protection Act “unfair or deceptive acts and practices in commerce” from this article...

E-cigarette seller faces $50,000 fine over marketing - VTDigger

I get this...

Vermont Laws

Reactions: Lessifer

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
It's not the state tobacco law is the state consumer protection act on on supported medical claims

I assume it's this bit:
§ 2453. Practices prohibited; antitrust and consumer protection

(a) Unfair methods of competition in commerce and unfair or deceptive acts or practices in commerce are hereby declared unlawful.

Of course, I can't find a definition of that, and I'm sure it could be fought, but I can understand not wanting to.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
I assume it's this bit:
§ 2453. Practices prohibited; antitrust and consumer protection

(a) Unfair methods of competition in commerce and unfair or deceptive acts or practices in commerce are hereby declared unlawful.

Of course, I can't find a definition of that, and I'm sure it could be fought, but I can understand not wanting to.

Ya the state has been gunning for them anyhow for causing a lot of problems with law makers at the state house so I think thy jumped on it VT law makers are in some big yank on it because some kid was caught Vaping on a school bus "save the kids"

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Drug talk is not permitted on ECF.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Absolutely no drug talk. This is not open for discussion.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
How long do I have for getting DIY stuff is vaping going away or not I here so much but don't know what is real

Honestly, nobody really knows. The safe thing to do? Order a few liters of nic and stash it in your freezer. Read up on DIY. It's dead simple to do (low chance of you dead unless you start swigging it). As long as you have that, the rest will always be available such as VG/ PG, and most flavorings. If you like any tobacco derived flavorings, those may also be at risk. no, I'm not sure how to best protect them for the long term, probably refrigerator (if someone knows better, or it should be the freezer, please pipe up).

With your nic stash set, you can turn to hardware. There you might have until 2018 to finish stocking, but some things may become harder to get such as new hardware releases. Simple protection. Mods that use replaceable batteries so when the battery will no longer hold a charge (happens to all Li batteries) you swap in a new one. Tanks preferably rebuildable. I prefer RTAs as they're made to build on unlike the RBAs you can get for factory coil tanks. Those are small and can be finicky to work with.

Everything else, wire, cotton, batteries, will always be around so no point piling that in the back of the closet too.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I think a common thread of the businesses closing due to regulation now, that we've heard of here anyway, is they have done well. On the one hand, they're cutting and running. On the other, they do actually have something to lose. Which means they could fight on, but are choosing not to because it could be expensive.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    If a business violates the law by something a private citizen says on the business premises, whether that's the physical location or it's virtual location that's going to be a serious free speech problem. Are the advertisers on this forum liable for what we say in conversation? In the mean time Vermont has a very large cigarette tax to protect which is a not so subtle way of killing people for money so of course they are ruthless. Drug dealers are ruthless, duh?

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2016
    Tempe, Arizona, United States
    At any rate, I bought the guy a shot of rum for $1. I ordered my first 2 liters of nicotine today as that's the element most at risk, imo, right ahead of mods and toppers. I will be stockpiling all 3 as long as I can. I'm not letting the government force me back into smoking. Ever. So disgusting to even consider.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread