Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
That's bologna. Period.

Regardless of intimate knowledge of the inner workings of law, if laws are passed specifically with malice and purpose against you only with intent to harm you, you're a sitting duck fighting by the letter of the law in a court of law.

This delusion that this has anything to do with this shop owner is awe inspiring.

The fact that he ignored what he did surely made things worse for him.

But the onus falls deeply within the greed and injustice handed out by legislators in favor of deadly tobacco and the companies that make a killing (pun intended) profiting from it.

Let's not drown ourselves in the details of this case and ignore the root cause and the bigger picture.

P. S. If I were employed by BT or BG to find a way to screw the little guy, I'd simply print your post history and bring it to a board meeting for review.

You're brilliant at finding ways.

Tapatyped

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I am getting the impression that somebody, at some time in their life, had a bad experience with a lawyer.

If that is the case, I would suggest turning that "hate" towards the lawyers who started this whole travesty by instituting the absurd laws in the first place!

Reactions: beckdg

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
If that is the case, I would suggest turning that "hate" towards the lawyers who started this whole travesty by instituting the absurd laws in the first place!

I'd say hate the sin, not the sinner. Extract vaping from tobacco legislation.

We could whop a bunch of 'em real good, as a matter of principle. But there's plenty more standin' in line to take their place. Waste'a time. Close the door and end the temptation.

Good luck.

:)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
That is what the thread " petition needs your signature" is all about. Just over 60,000 folks have gotten on board but TBH I really expected it to gain more traction.

Link to the petition

To be clear that to extract vaping from existing tobacco legislation would mean to totally exclude it from being so regarded by any further legislation or regulation. That is, to revise and amend the TCA and all such law to properly define tobacco for what it is and was intended to be at the time of enactment. It is the broad scope of general meaning that opened this wide barn door for the regulatory tax opportunist's incrementalist expansion. Merely rejecting the FDA deeming would not accomplish this. The FDA has proven itself an artfully deceptive representative of the public health and will. They deserve to be deterred any or further grabs of jurisdiction by denying them such in fact and specifically, by ending such open ended authority.

We've long passed the point where petitions are realistically being considered. The fight is in the courts for the moment and hopefully, with more comprehensively effective prospects, in our Congress. However for this, if we're going to go through the profound effort of legislative rev or amend, let's make it D-Day and not a premature celebratory 4th of July fantasy.

Such a petition will take more than signatures. But we all know that this is what's needed. What we really want. The longer we delay, the greater the prospect of any window of opportunity that may have arisen to be lost.

My question has been, and for years before I joined you for the struggle…what are we waiting for?

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread