Bad taste from Iclear 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my MVP 2.0 today and love it. I got an Iclear 30 with it. I've never used the Iclear 30 before so I was excited to give it a try. I loaded it up with some Boba's Bounty and while it hits great, the taste is very bad. It kind of has an oily greasy taste to it. I have Iclear 16's that Boba's tastes fine in so it's not my juice. I've tried different vv/vw settings but the nasty taste is still there.

Should I have washed the Iclear 30 before using it? Hope a good rinse will help because I really like the hit from it. Has anyone else had this happen with the Iclear 30?

BTW, the MVP 2.0 is really nice. Money well spent.

njjayt82

Oct 14, 2013
Somerset county nj
I also just bought an mvp v2 (L O V E IT )
I didn't have to wash mine out, but every so often (once or twice a day) I'll take a few drags and get a burnt taste for one or two puffs, so make sure to keep the wicks moist ( I don't follow the turn it upside down rule), I tend to turn mine until the wicks are wet and leave it there for a few seconds and do that with all of the wicks. I also think it has to do with what kind of juice your using which will correspond with the overall taste ( but I'm new to the whole mod world so I'm not an expert, nor do I claim to be) lol

I totally agree with Golem it is a VERY thirsty tank, I noticed I went trough roughly 3 mls in about 24 hrs and a 15 ml bottle tends to last me over 2 weeks , I have a strong feeling that I'll be switching to the protankII I bought because I wasn't sure I'd like the Iclear30, and to see if that'll also help me slow down the vast speed at which I am going through my juice.

Hope this helps.

also here's a link to an mvp discussion I have found quite helpful
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ussion/473345-itaste-mvp-v2-owners-group.html

:vapor:

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
Yes, the iclear30 loves its juice. It is one of the reasons the taste is typically better than on a pro tank(at least for some).

Dual top coils, 16 long wicks(really 8, but you get the drill) all lead to a warm moist flavorful vape, but it also means its a juice hog.

As far as a nasty taste, I have gone through several heads on my iclears and not had that problem, but I clean all of my new heads. No matter what the device, I give it a vodka bath for an hour and then let it air out.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I'm using 100% VG Legend from heather's Heavenly Vapes right now in my iClear30 (not S), and it's freakin' awesome. In fact, I had some gurgling/leaking the last time I used a 50/50, but I think it was just a bad coil head in that one. Now it's hitting like a champ and the flavor is fantastic.

It's never a bad idea to rinse anything that comes from a factory before use, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread