Status
Not open for further replies.

pnut599

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Michigan, USA
Hello all,
I've been reading and reading and reading about cleaning 510 atomizers. Most of the information is over a year old and I'm so new at this that I can't find the basic info I need.

I've tried the atty resurrection method and despite being extremely careful, I popped 2 of the 3 I just bought. I bought them to test the liquids and I don't vape them long before I want to try another. Some are just too nasty to vape more than a couple of puffs.

I have questions that I can't find anywhere.
Should I clean the atty between every flavor change or is there a way to just burn it down to nothing?
How do I get the previous flavor completely out before trying something new? Do I even need to?
When someone mentions priming, I know it's dripping something into the atty, but what? Flavored liquid? PG orVG?

I just put an order in for 5 de-bridged atomizers. Was that a good idea or should I have gotten bridged? The last 3 I bought were bridged.

I actually used this method on my last one and I have to say, it worked very well, but maybe I was cleaning too much? I don't know.
How To - Cleaning an atomizer - YouTube

Thanks for any updated advice anyone has to offer.

GetVaked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Wisconsin
I prefer de-bridged. I like to see the coil.

The way I clean my atomizers is simple.

-Blow as much juice out as you can through the connection side.
-Rinse under warm water.
-Blow as much water out through the connection side.
-Pulse the atomizer until you get a very dull orange glow, you don't want it to be bright orange. Do this for about 20-30 seconds, maintaining a dull glow.
-Drip four drops, let it soak in, drip another four drops and vape.
-If you notice weak vapor, you probably have water still in the coil.

Works for me.

Generally I will use the above method when I am noticing a weaker vape performance from my atty. I will usually run a flavor right after another unless they conflict too much. As far as priming, use some straight PG or VG. Either will work.

If you want a quick clean to rid of a flavor, gently pulse till its a dull orange, and that should clear out the last flavor on the coil. Never let it get bright orange on dry burns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread