Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I used to use AW IMR batteries (I've since moved on to LG HG2s). According to RTD Vapor, the cycle life of the AWs is over 500 charging cycles. I have four LG HG2s and two Sony VTC5s. I go through about one a day (my atomizers have a resistance ~1.2 ohms). If the cycle life is comparable and to be believed, and if I cycle through them religiously, I'll hit 500 charging cycles in over 8 years.

I don't think that I'll wait 8 years to replace my batteries. I'll certainly continue to monitor their capacity to hold a charge and I would expect to see a drop before then. Otherwise, 3 months seems too short of a period to me to replace batteries (unless they are damaged). I was thinking of doing so after 3 years if I didn't notice a significant drop in performance.

Reactions: yvaiwhy

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
It's hard to say really as it depends how much you vape, how many batteries you have, how big a strain you put on them etc.

I have about 8 batteries but 4 which I use on a regular basis and the others every now and then. And yes I'm pushing the batteries way over their limits (I know, an accident waiting to happen or many would agree) so I just thought I'd send them off to their graves before they get too messed up from the constant over draw.

2+2=5 [emoji102]

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
I used to use AW IMR batteries (I've since moved on to LG HG2s). According to RTD Vapor, the cycle life of the AWs is over 500 charging cycles. I have four LG HG2s and two Sony VTC5s. I go through about one a day (my atomizers have a resistance ~1.2 ohms). If the cycle life is comparable and to be believed, and if I cycle through them religiously, I'll hit 500 charging cycles in over 8 years.

I don't think that I'll wait 8 years to replace my batteries. I'll certainly continue to monitor their capacity to hold a charge and I would expect to see a drop before then. Otherwise, 3 months seems too short of a period to me to replace batteries (unless they are damaged). I was thinking of doing so after 3 years if I didn't notice a significant drop in performance.

My builds put quite a strain on the battery and lately they have been dropping quite a bit compared to the charge new. So I thought it's time I send them off. Anyway, I'm not too sure about 500 cycles on any battery on a subohming mech. Cheaper to get new batteries than a face eh [emoji23]

2+2=5 [emoji102]

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I recycle mine when they reach a year or before if they start to show a weak charge, or discharge noticeably quicker.
I use 20 amp batteries and I push them pretty close to their limits, so I expect a limited lifespan and I want to be able to rely on their CDR.
If in doubt recycle and replace. Batteries are cheap.

Reactions: yvaiwhy

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
I recycle mine when they reach a year or before if they start to show a weak charge, or discharge noticeably quicker.
I use 20 amp batteries and I push them pretty close to their limits, so I expect a limited lifespan and I want to be able to rely on their CDR.
If in doubt recycle and replace. Batteries are cheap.

Exactly! Mine started discharging a bit quicker so I let them go too.

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I don't 'feel' that. I don't get my preferable combination of vape. Well then again, that's just me

2+2=5 [emoji102]

If it was me, I'd be playing around with different build types before straining my batteries. IMO, there is never a need for it if you have the correct build.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Well I've tried many, and the best combination came down from hell [emoji23]

2+2=5 [emoji102]
Try some more. Sorry, but if you can't get a satisfying vape without going dangerously low you're doing something wrong. At least get a parallel mech so the batteries aren't strained so much.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread