Battery charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
I see and understand your concern. Makes sense. :)

I believe the nitecore intellicharger(i2 and i4 series) offers you basically all of the charging features the d2 and d4 models do, just without the fancy display. Last time I looked, they were like half the price of the d series model. That could be something to look into if you are on a really tight budget.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I believe the nitecore intellicharger(i2 and i4 series) offers you basically all of the charging features the d2 and d4 models do, just without the fancy display. Last time I looked, they were like half the price of the d series model. That could be something to look into if you are on a really tight budget.
Yes one of the members on this forum recommended those already.
And they seem to be the best in that range. Will definitely get nitecore.
Thanks. :)

Reactions: Tonee N

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
Yes one of the members on this forum recommended those already.
And they seem to be the best in that range. Will definitely get nitecore.
Thanks. :)

Sorry about not seeing where someone else suggested it. Out camping with my telescope and just skimmed thru the replies while some clouds are drifting by. Either way, it's good to see that you are looking at quality chargers and no eBay specials for 99 cents lol

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
There are MANY things in life you can save money on. Give up smoking and vape instead is just one great example. It's never worth saving a few bucks on what is effectively safety kit. buy a quality battery charger. I also learnt the hard way just in the fact I bought a cheap no name charger first of all. It broke. Money completely wasted. And then had to spend again on a proper one.

Reactions: Eskie

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Reactions: Cf11

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
The xtar line of chargers are considered top quality and are priced competitively. I have had one for several years now and it continues to charge with efficiency.
Hey buddy one of the members here already recommended the xtar xp1. It's always good to have reassurance though. :)

Reactions: madstabber

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada

Just to discuss, I don't agree...

Why? because it's more than just a display, it gives you the information about your battery, how it's charging, it's condition, etc. it makes up the difference in price with providing very valuable information, if the battery isn't charging right, old, this will show you that it's no longer taking in the "normal" voltage, etc. something that you can't get with just a few blinking lights.

(I have the d4) And since it can take just about any sort of batteries, I can put in my rechargeable AA or AAA to charge and check those too.

Not only that, but I've seen some people report having issues with the "i" series a lot more than the "d".

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have to agree with @Imfallen_Angel on that one. The extra info is handy to see what your batteries are up to and how your mods are draining them. Given that we're depending on high current batteries, the extra few dollar savings may turn out to be more expensive down the road. And try to buy one with the most bays possible, as even though you think you only need one or even 2 bays, down the road you will need something with more capacity. Vaping tends to expand to fill all available space and remove every last dollar from your wallet. It's worse than taxes.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I'm not a "pro", just an enthusiastic amateur, lol.

Here's a link to the Nitecore i1:
$12.43 Authentic Nitecore I1 Single Slot Intelligent Battery Charger - for 26650/18650/17670/18490/17500/17335/14500/10440/16340 / US at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

And a link to the Xtar XP1, not on my initial list, but still a decent charger, and a little less expensive than the i1:

$6.74 XTAR XP1 Single Channel Lithium / Ni-MH / Ni-Cd Battery Charger at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Hey i was just looking at the fasttech page for xtar xp1 that you recommend and realized that it doesn't support 18650 battery.
Atleast that's what it says on the fasttech page.
Could you confirm that it does?

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Hey i was just looking at the fasttech page for xtar xp1 that you recommend and realized that it doesn't support 18650 battery.
Atleast that's what it says on the fasttech page.
Could you confirm that it does?
Crap. I'm so sorry. I just saw that it only supports up to 18500. My apologies!

Reactions: Cf11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread