Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Welcome @TamLynn !

I will check that one out online, I actually need 2 of them so my husband can quit also.

If the two of you are taking this journey together and going with built in battery mods, you might even consider a third mod. You are bound at some point to both needing a charge at the same time. Back-ups for insurance are a good thing. Or get two different set-ups to get you started, both of you try both set-ups, then pick up another of whichever you prefer. And what the heck! If you disagree with which is better, each get a backup of your preference! :D

Or, if you feel you are ready for external battery mods, a couple single 18650 mod/tank kits like the pico, AL85, or IPV D3 (or whatever number they are up to now). A bit more cost for 4 batteries and an external charger, but that will keep you vaping while drained batteries are charging. I am only familiar with the AL85, but you can always match any of the mods with the tank of your choice.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Welcome @TamLynn !

If the two of you are taking this journey together and going with built in battery mods, you might even consider a third mod. You are bound at some point to both needing a charge at the same time. Back-ups for insurance are a good thing. Or get two different set-ups to get you started, both of you try both set-ups, then pick up another of whichever you prefer. And what the heck! If you disagree with which is better, each get a backup of your preference! :D

Or, if you feel you are ready for external battery mods, a couple single 18650 mod/tank kits like the pico, AL85, or IPV D3 (or whatever number they are up to now). A bit more cost for 4 batteries and an external charger, but that will keep you vaping while drained batteries are charging. I am only familiar with the AL85, but you can always match any of the mods with the tank of your choice.
I Use the aspire evo 75, single 18650 usage so having multiple helps to keep it alive even though it has passthrough charging. Has everything someone newer could use for a long time imho (voltage,wattage,temp,custom etc). I think overall it's pretty good but probably not as good value as the alien series tbh. Tank wise i haven't heard much about my fat scylla sv from freemax so won't say much about it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello everybody,
I'm still smoking but want to quit asap!
I have tried the ecig but they don't last or they break easy, any suggestions will be appreciated.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Smoking is fine in the short term, just keep up with vaping and pretty soon you might find that vaping is far better.
Might like to read:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
http://guidetovaping.com/category/e-cig-beginner/
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Tonee N

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'd suggest starting with something easier to use and less expensive to start with, to see if you even like vaping. Several of the people I've helped to switch from smoking to vaping locally...have really liked these:

Evod Mega Kit - 1900mAh battery with mini port for charging the built-in battery, is pass-through capable meaning you can vape while it's charging, comes with a nice sized matching tank that takes inexpensive readily-available coils, puts out nice amount of vapor, and isn't too big to comfortably take and use anywhere

KangerTech Subvod Starter Kit - 1300mAh battery with mini port for charging the built-in battery, comes with a nice-sized matching top-fill TopTank Nano tank, can use 2 different types of coils (OCC and SSOCC) that come in 1.2ohms and 1.5ohms for regular vaping, and if you decide you want to try sub-ohm vaping later...those same coils also come in 0.2ohms and 0.5 ohms, that can also be used in the same tank

If either of those sound interesting to you, I'll check and see where the best deals can be found for them. I'm sort of a deal-finder, and can usually find really good prices for things.

There are lots and lots of other kits, which come in a huge variety of types. There are also literally hundreds of different mods you can purchase separately and also tanks for them. It can be a bit overwhelming deciding where to start at times. But, like I said...I'd start simple and fairly inexpensive at first.

Reactions: 90VG

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I Use the aspire evo 75, single 18650 usage so having multiple helps to keep it alive even though it has passthrough charging. Has everything someone newer could use for a long time imho (voltage,wattage,temp,custom etc). I think overall it's pretty good but probably not as good value as the alien series tbh. Tank wise i haven't heard much about my fat scylla sv from freemax so won't say much about it.
You might want to check out the other tanks at Freemax. The Starre v1 and Scylla v1 are great. Their new 2ml Firelord might be a good option. Comes with 3 different coils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: QcVaper

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you want to disconnect your tank from your mod, that does give you more flexibility. I'm vaping a Nautilus 2, which I highly recommend, but I'm doing it on a 120 Steampunk Tesla Nano. I always used boxed mods, but I find them easier going (heavy) in my hand, less droppage. That said, you can probably get a whole kit for that price, which may be better if you are still having issues with vaping, period. I can't say much about the Nautilus setup, I haven't used it other than to state Aspire can make some rather nice products. I might start there... or if your wife is going to vape also, try two different setups to get more of a sense of what works for you, along with a backup for battery charging for sure in case it's needed. You'll probably wind up with two backups for your chosen stick(s). It's just a thought. :)

Anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread