Best E Cig VV mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake Royston

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
Santa Clarita CA
ive been researching the same. For me it was between the eVic, innokin itaste SVD, and the sigelei Zmax v3.
My brother got the eVic, so i didnt want to be a copycat, as well as i heard that its fragile, and i have a tendency to forget when i have something laying on my lap untill i stand up..... so i wanted something built like a tank. I really liked the zmax, but i dont like the idea of having such a complex menu with only a single button. Plus there is no shortcuts to getting the resistance of your atty, or checking your battery etc. the SVD is perfect IMO. Its got shortcuts, an LED fire button that shows you how much battery is left, + and - buttons, and its VV and VW. A winner for me!

Get what you pay for I would say..... Vamo is ok- received mine and there were various issues with inconsistent gaps between the body of the battery casing and the top cap... The 510 threadings around the receiver head were all chewed up ( Just poor craftsmanship IMHO). But, like I said you get what you paid for!! I do like the VW feature and performance was fine but have since traded the vamo for a boat anchor. (Just Joking... I did trade it along with some other items for some juice and money to start my budget for the Provari) I was hung up on the price of the Provari for a while.. Probably spent triple the Provari price jumping around on other VV/VW MECHS and APV digital electronic models- Gave in to the have to a little while ago and been happy ever since!!

Now own both a Provari and Provari mini ... don't recommend the Zen as the tank top is very loose even more-so with liquid on the seals and the draw is very,very airy BLAHHHHHHH. Great with the AGA T2 Genesis or T+(IMO).

VAMO is a fine product for the person it fits ... Was just not for me!! We all have our knit-pickin everlovin fool-heart opinions and this one is mine!!! LMAO

Happy Vapin,

:evil: TOM

OK so I'm ready to step up from the standard Ego (I have an Ego T 650 and a Halo Triton 650) and am looking for a VV in the $50 price range (give or take) so for me its coming down to Vamo, Zmax, and Innokin Itaste VV V3.0. I'm leaning towards the Itaste (located it for $33.20 from Ivape). Any advice on these three or should I just splurge on a high end. I am a heavy vapor, but also need portability (I like to be able to just stick it in my shirt pocket, I don't mind carrying a "spare" and am usually close to a power supply.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Personally, I prefer variable power. Even so, the Provari is the best variable voltage mod on the market imo. Given the lack of accuracy of lesser expensive variable power mods, the Provari is still better as perfect accuracy in variable voltage trumps imperfect accuracy in variable power. I have many different devices including, I think, all those already mentioned, except the Darwin. The Darwin may do variable power in a way that it may trump the Provari. That's saying a lot, and I don't personally know the answer to that...yet. I'll get there and then I'll rely on my own experience. All that being said, my current favorite APV is my Sigelei V3. The bottom line is that each of our taste and preference in gear is subjective. You like what you like. The best setup is the one that works for you and keeps you vaping and off the analogs. There is no real answer to your question, "Which is the best vv mod?" Pretty much depends who you ask. If you ask that question on this forum btw you're inviting the Love Provari/Hate Provari crowd to chime in. It then becomes a very strange game for Joshua...the only winning move is not to play. Good luck and Vape on!

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I have been using my provari for almost a year now and would find it hard to beat. I also have a zmax which works fine but just feeling it you can tell its not as well made as the provari. Honestly whichever mod keeps you away from analogs is the best one. Would also add as a provari owner looking for new toys I'm currently looking at the silver bullet or one of the various telescoping mods. They aren't vv per se but seem to have a fine track record.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

CaliGrower

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
norcal
but what id like to know is WHY you feel that one VV mod is so much better than the other. i own several different VV/VW mods and to be quite honest, to me, it doesnt make much of a difference which. when they are all set (mine that is) and ready to go, they all put out the same voltages/wattages. granted, some do go up higher in voltage/wattage, BUT do you really NEED that extra volt or couple of watts? all of my tanks are wound to between 1.5 and 1.8 ohms and i run them between 3 and 3.5v, so to me, it doesnt make any difference if a VV mod goes up to 6v. if you have 5 VV mods, and all of them when set put out the same volts and watts, what makes one so much better than the other besides look/fit/finish?.......when it comes down to brass tacks i cant tell much of a difference between ANY of the VV mods with the exception of the price. its like buying a shotgun. of course you ant something of decent quality and that patterns effectively, BUT when you come down to the wire on it, a $500 Remington will shoot as nice and pattern as well as a $3000 weatherby, only difference is do you want to spend $3000 on something real pretty that you might scratch on a barbed wire fence or drop in the dirt?the remington may not be the prettiest thing in the gun safe, BUT it is well built and will last many generations of shooters IF its taken care of. same way i see VV mods.

furthermore the price on most e cigarette stuff varies so much from dealer to dealer it pays to shop around. do remeber that just because this dealer or that dealer is 50% CHEAPER on the exact same item as the other guy, it doesnt mean its junk or a knock off. its like sometime back, a dealer tried to tell me that because the item i bought was so much cheaper it had to be a knockoff. it isnt/wasnt, it was just more realistically priced. it seems like some vendors feel they must make their entire sales quota on one or two sales. take the evic as an example. ive seen them priced from $149 all the way down in price to $60 bucks. does that mean that because one is $60 its "junk" or a "knock off"? no, it means that the $60 dealer is pricing their items a little more realistically. do remeber, if a dealer can sell an item regularly for a lower price ( and in some cases MUCH MUCH lower) than the other guy, it goes to show you what a huge mark up there is on most of this stuff. it still all boils down to 3 volts is 3 volts and 5.2 watts is 5,2 watts no matter what mod you buy or how much you pay for it. if some of these dealers would get it in their head to mark their items a little more inexpensively, they just might find out what the concept of making it up on volume is all about. another example. ive seen the single ego bubble pack kits sell online for between $50 and $9.99 for the EXACT same item, exact packaging, exact everything , with the exception of the price. ive spoken to a couple of people and the same kit only costs about 5 bucks wholesale. now at 5 bucks wholesale and a retail of $10, the dealers making a 100% markup.....but $50? thats a FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT INCREASE from wholesale price......

if you go to Kanger and buy, say, 100 protanks, the price drops to around $8.50 a piece, plus shipping comes out to around $10.53 a tank ( and keep in mind thats figuring theu their posted public prices on their website. id bet dealers get them even cheaper still). buy more, the price goes down dramatically. most places sell them for around $18.75 a piece, thats almost 100% markup. how many more would a dealer sell if they sold them for , say $13.50 a piece or even $14 bucks a piece?...of course there are some dealers out there selling the protank that cheap, its just an example of how much a dealer makes on some of this stuff. ive seen mech mods on fasttech as low at $15 a pop, and dealers selling the exact same mec mod for almost 100 bucks...

i been giving it alot of thought whilst shopping around online for this stuff, and i think that this winter im going to open up a web store and sell my stuff at a whopping 10% over cost+ flat rate priority shipping and carry just about everything on the market. i mean heck, if you have a decent inventory of items and price them realistically , provide fast shipping and good customer service, the customers will come, no doubt about that. already been in contact with a couple of manufacturers and got some info!

Last edited:

laramik

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Chicago
Well, I have had a Vamo for the last 3 months and really liked it. Even though it does have its flaws. My best friend has a provari and IMHO it's definitely superior. For example, the Vamo has a delay before firing when used with dual coil carts. The pro vari does not. The VAMO will not work well with just one battery, the lights are even dimmer on the display and it hits at half the strength whereas the provari mini does it just fine even at high voltages. The vamo is a Friggin monster sized device when it has two batteries in it and it's heavy and ugly. The variable wattage leaves a lot to be desired on the vamo. I would use it at 12.5 watts and if I used single coil 3 ohm cartos with that it would burn the crap out of them. Again, with the provari that doesn't happen. In fact even when turning to vv mode, I'd burn them at anything over 3 volts and I could vape at 5.5 volts on the provari with no burning. Now, 3 months later, my vamo starting hitting weird and not firing sometimes. Then I got the 9.9 ohm reading on my cartos which is a common problem, and when I looked to investigate it turns out that the wire connecting to the center pin has just fallen off and I'm not gonna bother trying to solder it on. That being said though it's still a very good mod for the money and much better than a lot out there. But no, it's no pro vari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread