best tank for an iTaste vv/vw v3.0?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by brianwert93, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianwert93

brianwert93 Full Member

right now I'm just switching between 2 iClear 10s that have been treating me really well, but I just landed another job which means in gonna have a lot more extra money to put towards this wonderful hobby so I figured I'd ask my wonderful fellow forum-goers for some of their favorite tanks to use on vv/vw devices. :vapor:

2. dgraves66701

dgraves66701 Full Member

I have two and use Kanger Aerotanks on them. Very good fit. The new Aerotank minis might be a better match but my local B&M didn't have them in stock yet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

3. brianwert93

brianwert93 Full Member

I've been hearing lots of great things about the Kanger Tech tanks and I hope my local shop starts selling them. if not I'll have to go online. thank you for the input man.

4. Ed_C

Ed_C Ultra Member ECF Veteran

19mm IBTanked carto tank.

5. Caffeine7

Caffeine7 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you don't mind tinkering a bit and making a coil a kayfun mini clone can't be beat

6. tyancey00

tyancey00 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I have 3 of these and I use mini pro tanks on them.

7. SaabFanatic

SaabFanatic Senior Member Verified Member

I don't have the iTaste but can definitely vouch for the mini protank 3...the vapour and flavour production are great.

8. Rathamar

Rathamar Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I used to run a Mini Protank 2 on my V3, but I have found I like the Full size protank 2 with an airflow base on it better. It matches up good as well.

I think it is the airflow base that makes me this setup better. I am planning on picking up an Aero Tank Mini for the V3 but since it is not my main setup I haven't gotten to it yet. I am really hoping that they start selling the bases for the Mini Protank 2 as well.

[​IMG]

9. CountBoredom

CountBoredom ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Since I take my v3s out with me, they typically get to wear an MT3S or an Evod Glass--they're smaller and have the metal sheaths to protect them from dings. When I'm at home, they only get to wear my Aerotank when my MVP is being recharged.

10. Tinkiegrrl

Tinkiegrrl Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I only had the VVv3 for a couple of days before my husband stole it. It's a solid device. Mini Protank II's looked great on it. Simple, inexpensive, single, bottom coil that you could rebuild later if it you want to try. Hubby also used his iClear 16b a lot on it. Said it tasted a little better with it, but I never found the additional taste to be worth the power drain and juice consumption of dual coils.

Another thought would be to try a 15 or 19 mm tank from IBTanked. I found that cartotanks offer great taste without rebuilding. Little bit of a learning curve on how to prime a carto, but once it's primed and the tank is filled, I find that there are less overall issues to deal with then with a clearo. Less leaking, gurgling and dry hits. The carto lasts longer then a coil this way, and you're only task for a while will be to top off the tank when needed. When the carto does die, its a slow death so you've got a lot of warning.

11. steved5600

steved5600 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

In non rebuildable i'd go Kanger Aerotank or Aerotank Mega. In a rebuildable I'd go Fogger V4. DUAL COILS GOOD. LOL The thing about the aerotank is it will use the PT3 heads and will use the new Aerotank head that will be comming out with their new Giant Aerotank. The new head is a closed chamber a lot like the Aspire but it has a grove opening rather than a hole. And like is said it will use all three heads.

12. chellemmm

chellemmm Chihuahua Queen ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I like the miniProtank 3's on them. I also like EVODS...

twin set ups.jpg

13. Tucsonian

Tucsonian Full Member

I use an aero tank on mine and love it. I do suggest using the single coils in them though. I rebuild the single coils with 30ga. 9 wrap micro coil with organic cotton. This setup is my favorite travel piece, but my kayfun 3.1/ nemesis build beats it hands down.

14. amoret

amoret Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I don't like dual coils myself -- use a lot more liquid and battery power for little or no improvement in nicotine or flavor available. My favorite is the full sized Anyvape Davide, with the mini protanks or a regular protank with an aerotank base for airflow control.

Personally, I found cartotanks to be more of a hassle than they were worth, and when they do leak they leak a lot more. I've tried just about everything except rebuildables. :2c:

15. devauto

devauto Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This one! Or pick up the Aspire Davide and put the aerotank base on it (yes, it does work very well). Personally, from my experiences with them, I would stay away from the minis as they are a pain to deal with. They don't hold enough juice and have to be filled often. The glass tanks break easier too, probably because it is thinner. Just my :2c:

HTH, but YMMV!

16. ElConquistador

ElConquistador Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I don't like the bigger tanks on my VV3, too heavy and unbalanced for me, so I pretty much use Kanger T3S's on mine. Some people hate the plastic tanks, but I don't use tank cracking juices, and I like the lighter weight.

17. ironyengine

ironyengine Full Member

Seconding the AeroTanks (haven't tried single coils in these but I'm going to next time I need to replace one) and the mPT3s, I use the latter for trying out juices and then put the qualified ones in the Aero to bring to work.

18. peraspera

peraspera Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've been using the new KANGER AEROTANK MINI 1.5 OHM - 1.3ML for a few weeks now. I find the flavor is better than the older versions of the ProTank.

My production model does not have the overly loose airflow adjustment issue that Phil's preproduction model does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.