Best Tank system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eMacabre

Nov 16, 2011
Deep South
I currently and using Totally wicked tornado tank....and i think it might be time for a change. The constant burnt taste is why i must part ways with it. Surely this can't be the case with all tank systems can it? Was thinkin about the ego c system cuz a member on here reccommend it. What do ya'll think? as far as tanks go, who makes the best?

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I'm not familiar with TW products. Is the pv you have now a fat battery model, like an ego or cig sized?

Why don't you try some cartomizers with your pv?

I got the constant burnt taste with ego tanks. It probably has to do with the way I vape. You have to take shorter, lighter inhales. If you take deep drags it doesn't wick quickly enough.

eMacabre

Nov 16, 2011
Deep South
Carto tanks are the way to go

Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer

Parkes makes a couple too, unsure if they're 510 or not though

This looks like the ticket. But its like greek to me, cuz im a noob=( So what batteries do i need with this? This is a tank so i can just fill up and go right? how to you clean the wick when switching flavors since you saturate it?

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
This looks like the ticket. But its like greek to me, cuz im a noob=( So what batteries do i need with this? This is a tank so i can just fill up and go right? how to you clean the wick when switching flavors since you saturate it?

You're batteries are fine. You have a lot of options with these batteries. You can drip, use tanks, try out different cartomizers, clearomizers. They all give a different vape and I'm sure you'll find one you like.

I really like cartomizers the best, the 1.7 cartos from Crystal Clear Vaping. But of course I'm going to try that tank. You just never know!

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Yes. You'll be kinda locked to a single flavor with the refillable/disposable cartos. People claim they can be cleaned, but I usually run ~30mL. Of a liquid that I KNOW I like through one and pitch it. Alot depends on your liquid. I have several similarly constructed carto tanks and I won't ever touch another eGo-T-type atomizer. I got over that mistake in my first month!

Short answer to your last post: YES!

orkira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2011
Virginia
I'm getting one. I'll let you know.

I really need to stay away from this place.

I keep saying that to myself a lot! Every time I get on ECF I find something new I want!

As for the OP question I use a Joye eGo-T type A and have found that I do not get any burnt tastes unless my tank is not pushed down all the way or is almost empty! I also replace the bottom hard caps with the soft rubber ones and don't get any leaking either! I also use 100% VG juice from Virgin Vapors too that has been thinned for the tank system! In other words its really what suits you and what you find that works best in the long run when it comes to a tank system!

Zogem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta
I currently and using Totally wicked tornado tank....and i think it might be time for a change. The constant burnt taste is why i must part ways with it. Surely this can't be the case with all tank systems can it? Was thinkin about the ego c system cuz a member on here reccommend it. What do ya'll think? as far as tanks go, who makes the best?
Still a n00b so keep that in mind :).

Just got an ego-T type-B. Filled up with various juices, and one just didn't work. Little vap, burnt taste... just meh..

Problem was that it the juice is 70% VG, which has a fairly high viscosity and thus wasn't flowing through enough to feed the atty. A few manual punches to improve the flow and and I'm getting enough vape that I'll probably lower the nic level.

I should have added to my "things I've learned" post is that Vaping is awesome because there are so many options/variables, at times it sucks for the same reasons.

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Still a n00b so keep that in mind :).

Just got an ego-T type-B. Filled up with various juices, and one just didn't work. Little vap, burnt taste... just meh..

Problem was that it the juice is 70% VG, which has a fairly high viscosity and thus wasn't flowing through enough to feed the atty. A few manual punches to improve the flow and and I'm getting enough vape that I'll probably lower the nic level.

I should have added to my "things I've learned" post is that Vaping is awesome because there are so many options/variables, at times it sucks for the same reasons.

The burnt taste on yours may just be the coating they use on the atty. See if it is still there after a while.

cavibird2005

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
St Cloud, MN
So then if i get this, i'll have to replace the cartomizer, but not the tank? I've only every used the tank addy so this is new to me i have no idea how to use it=(

The tank does not need to be replaced, just the cartomizer. Always make sure when replacing the carto that you fill the carto with juice putting it in the tank body. If your wondering what I mean by that watch this video. The only difference is that you'll have to fill from the mouth piece side as the tank cartos have a flange on them. Also make sure a lil bit of fluid comes out of the connector end and then let it sit for a moment to soak the carto material.

For even more info on how it works here is another vid, the tank in the video is basically the same as the one your looking at. In fact the one I showed you is a clone of it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShanBurkholder?blend=4&ob=5#p/u/0/YICp6ZrO_aE

Last edited:

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
The eGo-C is fantastic. I won't be using my MAP tank, or Liquinator, or any cartos of any shape or size ever again. I'm afraid even my lovely Reo Grand is sitting on the shelf right now.

It might not be perfect for everyone, and it's certainly not going to replicate 6v vaping, but the eGo-C is finally the perfected eGo. It just works. No mess, no fuss, nice clean flavor, lots of vapor, not a single dry hit for me out of four tanks I've vaped out of it. It's an absolute pleasure to use. I hope they make the replacement atty's for a long time, because I don't see myself using any other device again (except the Reo).

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
I have to agree with bladebarrier. I've been vaping the eGo-C heavily now for almost two weeks and it's been working like a Swiss watch. I even opened up the atti head by removing the spike and cleaned the coil in alcohol followed by a dry burn and each time it's as good as new. Great product, got mine from OvaleUSA.com who provide excellent service. I think the only improvement they can make to this eGo is replace the screw type cone with an interlock system because it's a weak point.

Sugarfoot

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
One Step Beyond
Agree with bladebarrier and Capsteve. I've been using an Ovale eGo-C for two weeks also. No leak, great vapor. No problems except having to thin some 100% VG juice. Only improvement for me would be to have a B tank system since I vape heavily and would prefer not to refill the tank so often.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread