Best way to try different liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

landlocked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, USA
Ok, so a little backstory with me. I've been vaping since 2010 and posted quite regularly on here when I was new to vaping. I haven't been on the forums for several years because I have been using the same liquid, the same system for ions. Man, the forums look nothing like it did the last time I was here! I've been using an Ego battery and Aspire tank. Before that, I used the little cigarette battery with cartomizers. Anyway, being that I'm a vaping veteran, but still a noob in so many ways, what is the best way to try different flavors of liquid? The mod I have didn't come with a tank, so I ordered a Melo 3, but I haven't gotten it yet. I've recently purchased my first mod (Funky 60w which I'm still trying to figure out and it's way over my head) I'm still having to use my Aspire tank until my Melo arrives. I don't have multiple tanks but would like to be able to try some different liquids. I've ordered a couple already that I'm looking forward to trying. I'm just used to using the same liquid day after day, year after year. The last time I really experimented with several at a time was when I was using carts and that was pretty easy to mix and match. Is there an easy way to do that with the setup I'm using now? Just a disclaimer.. when it comes to most of the 'vape talk' my knowledge is extremely limited. You might have to translate it into dumb ... for me. Thanks!

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
if you still have some old cartomizers, you can always gently pull out the filler with tweezers (leaving cloth thingie around coil intact) and use it like a dripper to test flavors. i use to push a tiny piece of filler into bottom of cart to avoid leaks. if you don't have anymore and don't want a rebuildable dripper than something like these oldies work great for testing new flavors.
510 LR Long Barrel Bridgeless 1.5ohm Atomizer (Cisco Spec)

they have different ohms available, i personally prefer the 1.5 ones

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ok, so a little backstory with me. I've been vaping since 2010 and posted quite regularly on here when I was new to vaping. I haven't been on the forums for several years because I have been using the same liquid, the same system for ions. Man, the forums look nothing like it did the last time I was here! I've been using an Ego battery and Aspire tank. Before that, I used the little cigarette battery with cartomizers. Anyway, being that I'm a vaping veteran, but still a noob in so many ways, what is the best way to try different flavors of liquid? The mod I have didn't come with a tank, so I ordered a Melo 3, but I haven't gotten it yet. I've recently purchased my first mod (Funky 60w which I'm still trying to figure out and it's way over my head) I'm still having to use my Aspire tank until my Melo arrives. I don't have multiple tanks but would like to be able to try some different liquids. I've ordered a couple already that I'm looking forward to trying. I'm just used to using the same liquid day after day, year after year. The last time I really experimented with several at a time was when I was using carts and that was pretty easy to mix and match. Is there an easy way to do that with the setup I'm using now? Just a disclaimer.. when it comes to most of the 'vape talk' my knowledge is extremely limited. You might have to translate it into dumb ... for me. Thanks!

Hey landlocked, Welcome back.

For Testing e-Liquids, you can Kinda do the same thing with Pre-Made Coil Heads as you did Carts/Atty's. Just drip a Few Drops into the Coil Head, make sure it is Saturated, then Taste the e-Liquid. If you like it, Great. Fill up your Tank and away you go. If you Don't like the e-Liquid, then Rinse out the Coil Head in Warn Water.

Not the Best. But it would probably work.

A Better way would be to get an RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer) and use it for Taste testing. But that would Involve Making your own coils and then Wicking them yourself. Not sure if you want to do this?

Last edited:
Reactions: landlocked

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015

Paying a small fee to be able to taste many juices at a vape shop is the best way to go, for sure. I remember finding so few that I liked, however, that I was embarrassed for the shop owner!

You can also buy little sample bottles of e liquid from quality e juice vendors like Halo, Good Life Vapors, Quick Nic, and Heather's Heavenly Vapes.

landlocked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, USA
I've got a couple coming that I want to try. I just didn't want to fill a whole tank or waste a refill coil if I didn't like it. I don't know if the Melo I ordered has similar coils to what I use in the Aspire or not? Yeah, I'm thinking if I tried to rebuild or construct something, it would be a disaster. Ha! I've heard of dripping or drip tips, but have no idea what it is or how to use them. It sounds a tad complicated. I've sampled some from the vape shop I buy from but was hoping for an easier way to try from different vendors. Thanks!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Premade coil heads?

Coil Heads are what goes in you Melo Tank.

melo-coil-3.jpg

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Premade coil heads?

Don't worry about having a fresh coil for tasting juices now. I like the juice samplers because they usually come in 10 ml bottles. Just vape the juice down a bit and then add the new juice. You'll be able to taste both juices at first, but after a few draws you'll be tasting the new juice. Unless the first juice was extremely flavorful, like super hot cinnamon or something like that. To taste a new juice, it is not necessary to use a new replacement coil head like you are using in your Aspire atty or will have in your Melo tank.

Because of the FDA's Deeming Regulations on vaping, many vapers have begun wrapping their own coils because the FDA may not allow sales of regular replacement coils, like you are using now, to be sold in the future. Don't worry about that right now. You've still got a little time to learn about that.

I've never used the Melo tank, but I know it has plenty of fans. My very best advice for you is to try using the Joyetech Ego One kit because it is compatible with the Joyetech CLR coils which are great, inexpensive coils that last a very long time. They are very good straight out of the box, but, when you are ready for this, can also be rebuilt and rewicked for even better flavor and to make them last even longer. I am going to link you to the site with the best price on these kits and coils and I will also link you to the ECF thread that is dedicated to all tanks that use the Joyetech CLR coils. You can read all about it there and you will always find plenty of people there who will answer your questions and provide you with great support.

And, please, ask any questions here too.

Joyetech Ego One Kit that comes with battery & tank

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Kit

Joyetech CLR Coils -- Because of the devices you are currently using, I am assuming you are a MTL vaper, which means you will most likely be happiest with the 1.0 ohm CLR coils.

Joyetech CLR Coils (5 pack)

ECF thread for all tanks using the Joyetech CLR coils

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Good luck to you!!

landlocked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, USA
Coil Heads are what goes in you Melo Tank.

melo-coil-3.jpg

Oh! Ha... see, I'm a little slow.

And thanks, JustWondering1. I really like using the Funky mod and being able to turn up the... voltage? Wattage? Power? Whatever it is that is adjustable. I may check into the Joytech Kit as a backup, because I definitely want to get away from the eGo batteries that I've been using.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX

And thanks, JustWondering1. I really like using the Funky mod and being able to turn up the... voltage? Wattage? Power? Whatever it is that is adjustable. I may check into the Joytech Kit as a backup, because I definitely want to get away from the eGo batteries that I've been using.
I like the look of that Funky Mod! Here's a heads up, in case you find that Melo III tank to be too huge a leap for you. Those eGo ONE Mega tanks are great and the CLR replacement coils are cheap as dirt. The tanks are available seperate from the full kits.

landlocked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, USA
Here's a heads up, in case you find that Melo III tank to be too huge a leap for you. Those eGo ONE Mega tanks are great and the CLR replacement coils are cheap as dirt. The tanks are available seperate from the full kits.

Now I'm scared of the Melo! Is it more complicated than just filling it and being good to go? I was expecting just filling it and changing coils as needed? :cry: I'm just tired of the gurgling and leaking from the Aspire I've been using. I want something small. The tall tank on my pretty mod is giving me an eye twitch.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Now I'm scared of the Melo! Is it more complicated than just filling it and being good to go? I was expecting just filling it and changing coils as needed? :cry: I'm just tired of the gurgling and leaking from the Aspire I've been using. I want something small. The tall tank on my pretty mod is giving me an eye twitch.
I'm sorry. You should fine filling and replacing coils and such. I had one that came with a kit and sent it to a friend without ever juicing it up. Very intense Vape from what I'd read, and I already have 8 of my preferred tank. You may LOVE IT! Just wanted to let you know those tanks and coil from the other post are good stuff if the Melo turns out not to your liking.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

No worries.

Sometimes there is Confusion when people say "Coils". Do they mean the Actual Coil? Or a Coil Head? Or are they talking about a Rebuildable Section like an RBA Section?

The long and the Short of it is you can try Different e-Liquids by just dripping an e-Liquid onto the Coil Head and not filling the Tank. And the Coil Head can be Rinsed Out. And then used again.

Like I said, not a Perfect way to go. But it would give you a pretty good Idea how a New e-Liquid Tastes.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

The Melo is Very Simple to use. Just like most Coil Head tanks. Just Pop in a Coil Head. Prime it. And you are pretty much ready to go.

Reactions: Foggy Road

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015

If you find you are not a fan of the Melo tank, maybe you should consider just getting the EGO One tank to go with your Funky Mod? I'll link you to the tank below. The beauty of the Ego One is that it is inexpensive, takes the CLR coils, provides great flavor & doesn't leak. The coils are inexpensive too and provide a good quality vape right out of the box. Should you decide to get into rebuilding and rewicking coils in the future, the CLR coils can easily be rebuilt and rewicked for even better flavor, less expense and a longer life span.

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

Reactions: zoiDman

landlocked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, USA
The long and the Short of it is you can try Different e-Liquids by just dripping an e-Liquid onto the Coil Head and not filling the Tank. And the Coil Head can be Rinsed Out. And then used again.

Like I said, not a Perfect way to go. But it would give you a pretty good Idea how a New e-Liquid Tastes.

Ha! Reading that this morning makes way more sense than when I read it this morning. I get what you're saying now. My brain doesn't function very well when it first wakes up. ;) Thanks! That will probably be my plan, then.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If you find you are not a fan of the Melo tank, maybe you should consider just getting the EGO One tank to go with your Funky Mod? I'll link you to the tank below. The beauty of the Ego One is that it is inexpensive, takes the CLR coils, provides great flavor & doesn't leak. The coils are inexpensive too and provide a good quality vape right out of the box. Should you decide to get into rebuilding and rewicking coils in the future, the CLR coils can easily be rebuilt and rewicked for even better flavor, less expense and a longer life span.

The eGo One is a Very Good Tank. So is the GS-Tank which uses the same Coil Heads.

Unfortunately, the GS-Tank is hard to find except from China Sellers.

$10.44 Authentic Eleaf GS-Tank Bottom Coil Clearomizer - 3ml / 0.15ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$37.48 Authentic Eleaf iStick TC40W 2600mAh Variable Wattage APV Mod w/ GS-Tank Clearomizer - 1-40W / 100-315'C/200-600'F / 3ml / 0.15ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

landlocked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, USA

Awesome! Thanks. I may do that... if nothing else just to have an extra tank. Maybe this is why I've been gone from the forums for 6+ years. I spend too much money. MUST BUY ALL THE THINGS! $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread