Big Red Vanilla Float

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road King

ECF Veteran
I was perusing through the Kritikal Mass website a couple of months ago & came across this recipe. It's author was not listed, so I don't know who to thank, but someone deserves it. I've always liked Big Red soda so that's the main reason this recipe intrigued me. I had to order the flavor, finding out that FW now calls BRS Tall Maroon Soda. For the Vanilla Ice Cream (which specified either TFA or CAP), I used Vanilla Bean Ice Cream I had on hand from TFA. The original recipe was a little weak, so several days after mixing it up I made another, modified batch & it's about right where I like it now. I'll post up first the original & then my modified version.

ORIGINAL (I found it a little weak on flavor)-
12.5% Big Red Soda (FW)
4% Vanilla Ice Cream (TFA or CAP)

After modifying it just a bit I liked this one better-
13.5 % Tall Maroon Soda (FW)
5.5% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA)

I've had a lot of Big Red soda ice cream floats over the years & this was a fond reminder of those! Also- if I wouldn't have been out of Koolada at the time I may have tried some of that as well on that second version but it's still really good.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

Road King

ECF Veteran
It's pretty good (both the soda & this recipe), but I really preferred the modified recipe with the higher flavor percentages (remember, we are talking FW & TFA here). But then it could also be because I like max VG juices & need more flavor. If anyone else makes it, I'm sure lesser percentages could be used if using FA or something more concentrated like that, but this is what the recipe called for & that's how I initially usually make a recipe the first time.

I believe the next time I make it I will try some of the higher concentrated flavors in reduced percentages to see if it's any better. If any of you make it I'd be glad to hear what you think.

Last edited:
Reactions: nelsonm64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread