Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with A Billion Lives and have never spoken to them. The webinar of Aaron asking for vapers to get involved was brought to my attention so I'm doing what I can, I hope we all will

Probably most of you know about the documentary "A Billion Lives" If not, watch this

Our very own founder of ECF is in the documentary. It's trying to get the word out that there is a huge cover up and corruption behind so much of the anti vaping rhetoric. The documentary has been released in New Zealand, and it's scheduled to be released in Melbourne, Australia in October. Since it's release in New Zealand, they say that the NZ government is now considering changing their ban!! That's huge!!

To have a chance at it being released here in America.......Fellow ECF'er @clnire brought it to attention that it needs a LOT of publicity and for vapers to get behind it. This is where we all come in!! She put this video on the porches where the director of the documentary asks for the help of all vapers

Please contact YT reviewers and ask them to do 3 things to help us get the word out.

1. Take a moment to put in at least one of their videos, if not all of their videos, a blurb to share the documentary "A Billion Lives"

2. Put these two links in their videos.

3. Ask their viewers to contact their local movie theaters to ask when they will be showing the "A Billion Lives" documentary. If theaters get enough calls about the documentary, hopefully we can get this film into theaters nationwide where it can really do some good.

Number 3 is something we all need to do. I didn't come up with the idea......but it's brilliant!!! Let's all make the theaters pay attention!!

Thanks to all of you who are doing what you can to spread the word!

Make sure you like their FB page if you have FB. I don't use FB, but I did sign in and do that since I have an acct that I largely ignore. Also share about the documentary. They said one of the big problems is that it's not getting enough attention from vapers. So folks think if vapers don't care about it, why should they.

buy T-shirts and wear them

If you have netflix, call 1-866-579-7172 24/7 I believe it's a 24/7 line, I called them at 11:30 pm. Tell them about the video and ask them to purchase it and promote it in theaters and put it on netflix. The lady told me they don't do that, but they can see about getting the licensing for it, but the director said that they do that sometimes with movies. Either way, it'll get Netflix' attention if a lot of us call about it.

If you know a zillionaire, tell em to donate to the guys doing it so they can get it in theaters here in the US. lol

Please do whatever you can think of to help spread the word!! Thank you so much for whatever you do!!

Added for Deb :
Billion Lives Needs Help
I got an email back from Aaron today. He appreciates everyone's help so much! Bear in mind as you contact vendors that we need to point out to them how this has huge potential to keep them in business by drastically changing or putting a stop to the deeming regs.

Definitely contact the ECF suppliers, but also any suppliers you're aware of.
Please copy and paste the links rather than retyping them, so we don't have errors.

Here's what I asked him for:

1. A template that we can give to vendors that they can print, cut up and put one in each customer's bag, or online order.
His team will be creating a template and I will upload it when I get it.

*Admin Note: One was created by the OP, and requested to be added to this post. See attached PDF. These are business card-sized, 1st page is front, 2nd page is back. It can be printed on paper or card stock, cut and stuffed in bags and/or handed out at stores and enclosed in packages by online vendors.

2. A way for vendors to put a clickable link prominently on each page, of their website so folks can find out more about a billion lives.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="You Are Being Lied To - A Billion Lives - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If they make the numbers in the code bigger or smaller, they will make the video bigger or smaller.

3. If there are posters available for vendors to put in their B&Ms.
We do have a printable poster (link below the picture here): Shareable Graphics

If they don't want to go to the expense of having a poster printed, We can use Vons flyer, or create your own that they can simply print out.

I would definitely urge everyone to CALL vendors if you have time. I will certainly be doing so. Talking to someone rather than just reading an email makes it much easier if they have questions. Even if we all contact many of the same vendors, that's ok, that'll just really drive home how important this is.

Thank you again to each of you that are helping! Tell your friends, share the link to this thread on other ECF threads you visit if that's acceptable to the OP etc.

Attachments

• ABL front and back PDF.pdf
    190.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
If you have netflix, call 1-866-579-7172 24/7 I believe it's a 24/7 line, I called them at 11:30 pm. Tell them about the video and ask them to purchase it and promote it in theaters and put it on netflix.
If it is all about saving lives, why not to give it to Netflix (and others) for free? As I see it now it was made for profit.
EDIT: And, as far as I know, only ads were released. It's a shame. No, I will not call Netflix.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
If it is all about saving lives, why not to give it to Netflix (and others) for free? As I see it now it was made for profit.
EDIT: And, as far as I know, only ads were released. It's a shame. No, I will not call Netflix.
He goes over that in the 2nd video that I posted. I'm not sure about how netflix works with these things. I know he said he couldn't put it YT because it just won't get a big enough audience to make a difference with lawmakers and congress. Did you watch that video?

I made the call to Netflix; found the person I spoke to very friendly (it also helped that she said she was a vaper as well)...
Oh that's wonderful that she was a vaper too. Thanks for calling.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
I don’t understand why you believe they should not be compensated for their time & the costs of production.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
As a sort of "by the way", someone posted in another thread here that "A Billion Lives" reported they had a private screening for members of Congress and their staff this morning.

I think I may be calling Netflix myself. Any suggestions as to what to say?
oh kewl! I'd heard it was a VTA convention, and didn't know what that was. In the 2nd video, he was saying toward the end that sometimes Netflix will buy a movie, and because they are then invested in it they will get it into theaters where it gets much more exposure because they're promoting it, than if they just add it to the Netflix lineup. The woman I spoke to was very nice but said they don't do that, but I figure if they just get enough calls about it, they'll contact the folks who made it, and they can work out the details.

I don’t understand why you believe they should not be compensated for their time & the costs of production.
I agree. I really don't want this to become a debate over stuff like that though....... the main reason I posted this is because they need vapers to come together and help them get this out here in the states, in a way that it will get a lot of exposure, and enough folks will be calling representatives that they'll have to take notice!!

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I did not say they should be compensated if they feel they should. I just said I will not bother with calls. It's their compensation, their problems. If it was made to get compensation, it's OK with me, but do not ask me to participate in demanding money for them.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I did not say they should be compensated if they feel they should. I just said I will not bother with calls. It's their compensation, their problems. If it was made to get compensation, it's OK with me, but do not ask me to participate in demanding money for them.
No one is asking you to promote it for folks to make money. If you don't want to call, that's fine. But so everyone who reads this will know.......the reason they're asking folks to help is because we're faced with these deeming regs. If we don't get the attention of lawmakers, and that only happens with something HUGE that they can't ignore, we're going to be stuck with the deeming. In New Zealand, it was released I believe at a film festival, so a ton of folks saw it and now the New Zealand is looking into changing their ban! That's the whole point. To release it in a way that a LOT of people see it.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
No one is asking you to promote it for folks to make money. If you don't want to call, that's fine. But so everyone who reads this will know.......the reason they're asking folks to help is because we're faced with these deeming regs. If we don't get the attention of lawmakers, and that only happens with something HUGE that they can't ignore, we're going to be stuck with the deeming. In New Zealand, it was released I believe at a film festival, so a ton of folks saw it and now the New Zealand is looking into changing their ban! That's the whole point. To release it in a way that a LOT of people see it.
Well said, Debadoo.
I'll be promoting it to save vaping.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Somebody put up money, may be the film makers themselves. Is the problem that they aren't finding distributors in other nations or the people who charge for watching think there isn't enough viewer interest? These days I'm surprised a service like netflix can't offer the video on some commission basis. Usually when a product is created some thought is given to how it will be marketed. May be change the name from A Billion Lives to A Billion Criminals. If you try to switch to vaping you'll be breaking some law somewhere. That's what seems to be developing at this stage.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thanks Kent

Somebody put up money, may be the film makers themselves. Is the problem that they aren't finding distributors in other nations or the people who charge for watching think there isn't enough viewer interest? These days I'm surprised a service like netflix can't offer the video on some commission basis. Usually when a product is created some thought is given to how it will be marketed. May be change the name from A Billion Lives to A Billion Criminals. If you try to switch to vaping you'll be breaking some law somewhere. That's what seems to be developing at this stage.
:lol: Actually it's being well received in at least some other nations. I only know what I saw in the 2nd video. Anti vape people and those who could help us fight the deeming look at their FB page and see that there aren't a million likes, and say well if all these millions of vapers aren't interested enough to even like a page, why should we care about it. He talks to a lot of vapers that say they'd never heard of the documentary.

If he releases it on youtube, it won't make a big enough splash to get any attention. If it doesn't get a lot of attention when it is released here, then lawmakers won't give it any attention!

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I know he said he couldn't put it YT because it just won't get a big enough audience to make a difference with lawmakers and congress. Did you watch that video?

What kind of Orwellian double speak is that?

Don't pee on my foot and tell me it's raining. What he meant to say is he can't make the money off of YT. This whole thing smelt bad to me from the beginning and now it is starting to stink of dead fish. After the deemings, there aren't going to be enough vapers to care about this movie and not only will he not make any money on it but it will also do no good. If he wants to either profit or do some universal good, he needs to open release it, NOW.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Folks, if you choose not to support it, that's fine, but I am asking you to not turn this thread into a debate. If you have issues with the film, please contact the folks that made it and tell them. Arguing here is only going to cause further divide between vapers who should be sticking together right now!!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Indie documentaries always struggle to get distributed. Some only end up in film festivals and rarely branch out for mainstream distribution. I can't blame whoever produced the documentary wanting to recoup their investment. Even in this age of digital video a polished production is not made on the cheap.

I hope they do manage to increase their audience and increase the dialogue on an important issue. One that really reaches beyond just vaping, but a look at government intrusion driven by lobbyists and large multinational corporations, rather than an evidence based, scientifically sound rationale. Let's face it, many decisions about challenges facing us, from climate change to healthcare access (especially with all the nutty US insurance issues) from food production to car safety, are frequently driven not by what's objectively known, but by what special interest groups can achieve.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
One that really reaches beyond just vaping, but a look at government intrusion driven by lobbyists and large multinational corporations, rather than an evidence based, scientifically sound rationale. Let's face it, many decisions about challenges facing us, from climate change to healthcare access (especially with all the nutty US insurance issues) from food production to car safety, are frequently driven not by what's objectively known, but by what special interest groups can achieve.
Exactly! The corruption and back scratching is what he's exposing from what I can tell by the clips I've seen of it. In the 2nd video I posted, the director said he is planning another one that will include vaping, but focus on more areas where one hand is washing the other and how so many things are all about the dollar. It will be called The Trouble with Big, or something like that.

I personally don't care how much he makes from it. If it can cause the NZ gov't to maybe change their laws, then perhaps it can help us here, so we're not stuck with this deeming as it now stands

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Exactly! The corruption and back scratching is what he's exposing from what I can tell by the clips I've seen of it. In the 2nd video I posted, the director said he is planning another one that will include vaping, but focus on more areas where one hand is washing the other and how so many things are all about the dollar. It will be called The Trouble with Big, or something like that.

But remember, those powerful forces with deep pockets want things their way. Getting the word out in mainstream media will be a real uphill battle, as those deep pockets are not going to just stand around and let it be distributed without resistance. And when it comes to distribution, money talks. Which is why tools such as YouTube combined with a solid viral campaign in social media can reach more eyeballs than a very limited screening schedule.

Not saying that's how it should be done. That's up the the producer/company. I'm all for supporting the effort however will be helpful, and if it is at all persuasive to the recognition of damage that will result from the deeming regulations (or similar in other countries) as currently written, great.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Watch The Webinar!

Aaron is not asking YOU for a Dime. Only Your Voice and Your Passion to Drive this to Public Awareness.
Yes, hey have received Donations to Help with Cost in Production and Are still getting some assistance in Promoting this Documentary to get the Truth out.
Yes, it will ultimately net Arron a Gain in Notoriety, but in Reality it could cost him his live. This is just the first step in exposing world wide Corruption and the effect it has on the lives of everyone.

Oh hell, Just watch the webinar. :facepalm:

Some Members of Congress got a Preview Last Night :D

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The war on vaping is predictable. I read recently that worldwide tobacco sales are $1 trillion per year. Every dime of that benefits somebody. A lot of those people are not happy. They have been putting food on their family table by letting people die. It's no surprise that those same people could be lying hypocrits.

nclobo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2012
Durham, NC
As a sort of "by the way", someone posted in another thread here that "A Billion Lives" reported they had a private screening for members of Congress and their staff this morning.

I think I may be calling Netflix myself. Any suggestions as to what to say?

Indeed they did. Would love to know which members of Congress were in attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread