Blu making BIG push into the market soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
didn't some big tobacco company just buy out Blu??

heck, they have the $$ to push them,,,,,,,

well, the only good thing about those cheap e-cigs, is they get people onto the IDEA of vaping,,,,,,,,then they google, find THIS site, and REALLY get down to business :)
That's no surprise. Push their crappy vaping ecigs out and drive them back to cigs.
That's the BIGGEST COMPLAINT I hear anymore is that "tried em. They sucked."
But when I give them an EGO or my Buzz it's like "WOW where do I get one???"
If you want people to start vaping give them a good vape for goodness sakes
If they sell it at a gas station it probably sucks ;)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Seriously, folks, do not speak for all of us. I have been trying various set ups for 3 1/2 years now, searching for the e cig that looked and performed like a real cig. I have spent thousands of dollars, and the truth is I still want an e cig that looks and performs like a regular cig. I have tried nearly everything out there, and still I want an e cig that looks and feels like a Marlboro. So far, the only thing that has come close is the Elite by CigEasy and now this marvelous new one from White Cloud: on sale this weekend for $29.95 for two batteries and some amazing long lasting cartomizers. Not interested in the big batteries or other crack pipe looking devices. I am grateful for companies like Blu who continue to improve in the products that many of us want to buy: e cigs that look, feel and taste like what we are used to: a cigarette looking device that can mostly replace our love of Marlboros.

Its really sad that you cant get over the psychological component of having to have something that looks and feels like a cigarette to you.The reason youve spent 3 and a half years and thousands of dollars is because youre looking for something that doesnt exist!

Technology and materials simply arent to the point where you can make a battery the size of a cigarette thats going to last more than 6 hours and circuit boards havent become that miniaturized yet to give you a nice regulated voltage throughout your vape. I hate to say it but youre probably looking at 10-25 years before anything even comes close in that small of a form factor.

Once you get over that mental roadblock of having to have something that looks and feels like a cigarette in your hand and realize that there are mods out there that will give you what youre looking for a whole new world opens up.I could care less if mine "looks like a crackpipe" Im off analogs completely for the first time in 30 years and I couldnt have done it without my Provari.

I would have much less of a problem with Blue and other cig-alikes if they were more honest about their products and came out with an alternative for heavier smokers instead of leading people to believe that their product is good for anyone but casual smokers at best.

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
The person who comes up with an analog size battery
that will last for 3 hours of power vaping ...
Will become an instant Millionaire !!!
Why?
We here on the ECF with the eGo, MODs, etc
are NOT the "Mainstream" of the e-smoking world.
Smokers want analog PVs for many reasons and blu
knows and understands this.

We can argue ... and justifiably so ... MODs, the eGo, ETC
are much better for tons of reasons ... True
However, we are NOT the "Mainstream" ... We are in the "hobby"
end of the market.

The smoking public would prefer not to be vaping in public
with something one would see in a Star Wars bar.
:p

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I can name 5 people that I know of personally who have asked about my Provari and when I explain its an electronic cigarette they just shrug and say I tried one of those from a convenience store and didnt like it. .....usually quickly followed by them lighting up a cigarette.

I dont think the estimate of 50 percent is that far off the mark at all.

Most of the people I know who actually want to quit are HEAVY smokers who have smoked for years and a Blu just isnt going to cut it for them.

Good examples. zapped. I've had the same local experience where I've talked to 12 different people who tried a Blu and similar models and due to their weak and inconsistent performance decided PV's were just another scam and continued to smoke.

I wouldn't have a problem with products like the Blu if they also offered upgrades to better performing models, something in line with what Volt does. That way the new person could easily have an alternative to try.

The path of least resistence usually wins out. It's only a small minority who do the research and put in the effort to find better alternatives.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Its really sad that you cant get over the psychological component of having to have something that looks and feels like a cigarette to you.The reason youve spent 3 and a half years and thousands of dollars is because youre looking for something that doesnt exist!

Technology and materials simply arent to the point where you can make a battery the size of a cigarette thats going to last more than 6 hours and circuit boards havent become that miniaturized yet to give you a nice regulated voltage throughout your vape. I hate to say it but youre probably looking at 10-25 years before anything even comes close in that small of a form factor.

Once you get over that mental roadblock of having to have something that looks and feels like a cigarette in your hand and realize that there are mods out there that will give you what youre looking for a whole new world opens up.I could care less if mine "looks like a crackpipe" Im off analogs completely for the first time in 30 years and I couldnt have done it without my Provari.

I would have much less of a problem with Blue and other cig-alikes if they were more honest about their products and came out with an alternative for heavier smokers instead of leading people to believe that their product is good for anyone but casual smokers at best.

Very well stated.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The person who comes up with an analog size battery
that will last for 3 hours of power vaping ...
Will become an instant Millionaire !!!
Why?
We here on the ECF with the eGo, MODs, etc
are NOT the "Mainstream" of the e-smoking world.
Smokers want analog PVs for many reasons and blu
knows and understands this.

We can argue ... and justifiably so ... MODs, the eGo, ETC
are much better for tons of reasons ... True
However, we are NOT the "Mainstream" ... We are in the "hobby"
end of the market.

The smoking public would prefer not to be vaping in public
with something one would see in a Star Wars bar.

I agree with you to a point, Petrodus. I think we all would like to have a smaller looking PV for various reasons. Personally, I don't want one to be smaller so it looks like I am still smoking like some on ECF do. That is the very last thing I want people to think. It would be nice for "pocketability", however.

Where I disagree with you is your "inference" that the so-called mainstream prefers to have small, weak and inconsistent performing PV models. Approximately 15 - 20 times I have allowed a person vaping a cig sized PV to try one of my better battery models and the result was always the same. The most memorable example was the co-owner of a "51" kiosk in one of the local malls. When he tried my Darwin, his eyes got big and he almost refused to give it back, LOL. He was amazed at how much better the vape was and stated he was going to get one but would not use it at his kiosk for obvious reasons.

I think if the so-called mainstream could actually experience the difference in performance between one of the better PV models and the cig sized models, a large percentage would switch and overcome their desire to continue to look like they are smoking. Some wouldn't because they are too concerned about appearance, but many would make the change.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I agree with you to a point, Petrodus. I think we all would like to have a smaller looking PV for various reasons. Personally, I don't want one to be smaller so it looks like I am still smoking like some on ECF do. That is the very last thing I want people to think. It would be nice for "pocketability", however.

Where I disagree with you is your "inference" that the so-called mainstream prefers to have small, weak and inconsistent performing PV models. Approximately 15 - 20 times I have allowed a person vaping a cig sized PV to try one of my better battery models and the result was always the same. The most memorable example was the co-owner of a "51" kiosk in one of the local malls. When he tried my Darwin, his eyes got big and he almost refused to give it back, LOL. He was amazed at how much better the vape was and stated he was going to get one but would not use it at his kiosk for obvious reasons.

I think if the so-called mainstream could actually experience the difference in performance between one of the better PV models and the cig sized models, a large percentage would switch and overcome their desire to continue to look like they are smoking. Some wouldn't because they are too concerned about appearance, but many would make the change.
I didn't mean to imply most prefer the weak performance of small analog PVs.

Most just prefer not to be seen in public with a Star Wars bar appearance vape machine.
That's not speculation ... Just a fact.

There's no argument about our power vape machines being more satisfying.

The "so-called Mainstream" is real and there was a (heated) discussion arguing WE and our power vape machines are the Mainstream. The discussion ended with OK we are Not the mainstream but most smokers should use our power vape machines because they are more satisfying and would save more lives.

The idea of vapers should "just get over it" regarding vaping power vape machines in public
is understood ... but it won't happen.

I know, I know ... the reasons why WE prefer our PVs not to look like analogs.

Regardless of what we might think ... The FDA isn't going to put their stamp of approval
on our power vape machines.

I don't make the news ... just reporting it.
:)

PS: Mainstream E-cigarettes
Image Search for Electronic Cigarettes: CLICK HERE

I'm well over 60 years old ...
I'll never forget what a teenager told me years ago.
"It Is What It Is"

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I didn't mean to imply most prefer the weak performance of small analog PVs.

Most just prefer not to be seen in public with a Star Wars bar appearance vape machine.
That's not speculation ... Just a fact.

There's no argument about our power vape machines being more satisfying.

The "so-called Mainstream" is real and there was a (heated) discussion arguing WE and our power vape machines are the Mainstream. The discussion ended with OK we are Not the mainstream but most smokers should use our power vape machines because they are more satisfying and would save more lives.

The idea of vapers should "just get over it" regarding vaping power vape machines in public
is understood ... but it won't happen.

I know, I know ... the reasons why WE prefer our PVs not to look like analogs.

Regardless of what we might think ... The FDA isn't going to put their stamp of approval
on our power vape machines.

I don't make the news ... just reporting it.

PS: Mainstream E-cigarettes
Image Search for Electronic Cigarettes: CLICK HERE

I'm well over 60 years old ...
I'll never forget what a teenager told me years ago.
"It Is What It Is"

I highlighted your best point. But I also agree with you that most in this country are more concerned with appearance and style over performance and effectiveness. Vaping will never seriously surplant smoking due to it. The "antis" probably have it right in their position that the only thing that will seriously stop smoking is severe monetary pain and ever widening bans.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA

LOL That was exactly what I would expect from the mod pushers. I DO NOT LIKE the mods. I like the cig like devices and am very happy with them. I have bought mods and DO NOT LIKE them. What bothers me most is that those of you who push EGO and various other devices simply cannot stand that some of us do not like them. Why are you people so focused on wanting everyone in a one size fits all device. You can use what you like. You do not, however, have the right to push your choice on me.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
What I think is Hysterical is when the name Blu is mentioned, people stand in line to Bash It.
But when Joyetech comes out with the eRoll, people think it is the Coolest thing Ever.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/340059-joyetech-eroll.html
LMAO
1-BigGrin.png

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.

People bash Blu because they come across to a lot of us as a larger version of a mall kiosk store. They sell a product thats barely adequate for light-to-moderate smoker and make exaggerated claims about their products effectiveness to satisfy their need for the almighty dollar.

If they truly cared about the customers they would acknowledge their products shortcomings to heavy smokers and offer a product, even their own mod, that would be more effective.

If a customer buys into all the hype and tries your product once and leaves unsatisfied and feeling like theyve been lied to theyre highly unlikely to try it or even sometimes anything like it ever again.

Trying to position yourself as the premier retailer of electronic cigarettes in the U.S AND selling a product for 3 times what you can get a comparable model for here says a lot about the honesty of this company IMO and goes right back to the mall kiosk vendors.

Theyre like the shady used car salesmen of PV's.

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
What I think is Hysterical is when the name Blu is mentioned, people stand in line to Bash It.

But when Joyetech comes out with the eRoll, people think it is the Coolest thing Ever.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/340059-joyetech-eroll.html

LMAO

Good point. When it come to things like this, ECF isn't any different than the hundreds of other forums out there. Go to any car wax forum and tell them how good Turtle Wax is. You will get flamed because there are so many wax experts who consider themselves experts with experienced/elite knowledge that they never consider how well the most popular products serves the majority of peoples' needs. Does that make them the best? Of course not. "But, if you start with Turtle Wax you may have a bad experience and never graduate to Zaino".

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Good point. When it come to things like this, ECF isn't any different than the hundreds of other forums out there. Go to any car wax forum and tell them how good Turtle Wax is. You will get flamed because there are so many wax experts who consider themselves experts with experienced/elite knowledge that they never consider how well the most popular products serves the majority of peoples' needs. Does that make them the best? Of course not. "But, if you start with Turtle Wax you may have a bad experience and never graduate to Zaino".
I agree ...
However, with the ECF, there's a "Twist"
Switching to e-cigarettes saves lives

Sooooo ... We take it "real personal" when we hear someone say
they are struggling and looking for suggestions !!
:ohmy:

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
I agree ...
However, with the ECF, there's a "Twist"
Switching to e-cigarettes saves lives

Sooooo ... We take it "real personal" when we hear someone say
they are struggling and looking for suggestions !!
:ohmy:

That's true and the "best" ecig is a personal thing. The biggest 4200 mah kicked 8 volt mod isn't what everyone is looking for. Heck, not even the ego with a vivi nova. :ohmy:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
That's true and the "best" ecig is a personal thing. The biggest 4200 mah kicked 8 volt mod isn't what everyone is looking for. Heck, not even the ego with a vivi nova. :ohmy:
EXACTLY !!!

In my opinion ...
Most vapers do NOT want to get into the e-cigarette "hobby"

BTW ...
If it wasn't for the battery life issue...
I would still be vaping the Joye 510 analog style PV
And per my e-cig marketer ... Orders for the 510 haven't fallen off
to the degree I would have guessed ... in light of all the different
vape machines available today.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
LOL That was exactly what I would expect from the mod pushers. I DO NOT LIKE the mods. I like the cig like devices and am very happy with them. I have bought mods and DO NOT LIKE them. What bothers me most is that those of you who push EGO and various other devices simply cannot stand that some of us do not like them. Why are you people so focused on wanting everyone in a one size fits all device. You can use what you like. You do not, however, have the right to push your choice on me.

Sheri, I love my mod. It's smaller than many, but gives me the right vape for the right liquid being a VV. I think of it more and smoke it more like a pipe that you can inhale. Normally a couple mouth puffs followed by an inhale. I have quite a few liquids that taste like pipe or cigar tobacco and they definitely have replaced my love for the cigarette.

That being said, I totally understand your desire for a cigarette type device. If I could find one that really delivered low maintenance, vape quality and taste, I'd probably buy one. It would be nice to have something that you could conveniently carry around. The only negative for me is finding it. I have a habit of setting mine down, then forgetting where I left it. A big target is always good. :)

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I don't care what people use. I care only that the flamers on here are so pious and focused on preaching the gospel of mods. If you enjoy your e cig mod, go for it. Just recognize that not everyone is even slightly interested in carrying and using a big battery. I enjoy trying new things. Recently, I bought 3 White Cloud kits that were on sale for $29.99 apiece. They have excellent taste, decent battery life, and charge quickly; yet I know the snobs that populate this forum would tell me I am wrong for enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread