Boge Revolution V2.1 Review/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
My husband surprised me with another Rev 2.1. This one is newer model than what I have originally. The catch cup is deeper and the air vents are larger (no need to enlarge them for a better draw) the word "Anion" has been replaced with "Led".
Unfortunately it lasted me less than a week. While using it I thought my carto went bad because I was starting to taste a burnt metalic flavor. Changed carto's and it continued for another 1 minute then it died. No little green lights, no charging, nothing. I guess the batteries burnt out?
I don't have soldering equipment and know nothing about replacing the batteries. Hubby doesn't remember where he got it and said to forget about it. I'd love to get another one or fix this one, would it be easy to fix if I popped the case open?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
My husband surprised me with another Rev 2.1. This one is newer model than what I have originally. The catch cup is deeper and the air vents are larger (no need to enlarge them for a better draw) the word "Anion" has been replaced with "Led".
Unfortunately it lasted me less than a week. While using it I thought my carto went bad because I was starting to taste a burnt metalic flavor. Changed carto's and it continued for another 1 minute then it died. No little green lights, no charging, nothing. I guess the batteries burnt out?
I don't have soldering equipment and know nothing about replacing the batteries. Hubby doesn't remember where he got it and said to forget about it. I'd love to get another one or fix this one, would it be easy to fix if I popped the case open?
The Batteries are not replacable. They are hardwired. Did you try to reset by turing off the switch, then plug charging cable back in to the device. What type of carto or atty were you using?

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Smokingbullet, I have seen some labelled LED, but didn't notice the air slots (I cut mine out). Did your new one have the touch switch? That looked appealing, but found some fine print descvribing them as 800 mAh, I'd rather have the extrta battery.

My bottle door got broken last weekend, kind of bums me out. It wasn't even me, I was showing it to someone, they took it off, and didn't get it lined up good when they slid it back on. It's really just a cosmetic problem, my bottle is tight in there anyway. I have one more new one, but was saving it for a friend.

Sent from some hand-held thing

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I hope it's ok to say here....
But DiscountVapers - Your source for savings on electronic cigarettes and accessories has the Rev 2.1 for $39.99.
I ordered one. Should get it today. I'll try to let you guys know about my experience with it.
Mac

if it is wrong to post that here, I will join you in the doghouse. :)
VaporGod has the replacement bottle assembly for 2.99. I think that is a good price (?) (shipping is 3.99)

Boge Revolution V2.1 Replacement Bottle Assembly

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
Not sure what you mean by "touch switch"? My old one says Anion...should say alien lights LOL. The new one says LED.

Smokingbullet, I have seen some labelled LED, but didn't notice the air slots (I cut mine out). Did your new one have the touch switch? That looked appealing, but found some fine print descvribing them as 800 mAh, I'd rather have the extrta battery.

My bottle door got broken last weekend, kind of bums me out. It wasn't even me, I was showing it to someone, they took it off, and didn't get it lined up good when they slid it back on. It's really just a cosmetic problem, my bottle is tight in there anyway. I have one more new one, but was saving it for a friend.

Sent from some hand-held thing

Caelius Felix

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Austin, Texas
Update after using the v2.1 for 5 months:

My first Revolution v2.1 lasted for about three months, then the button stopped working. I ordered two more, so I could alternate charging/vaping, and those two are still working although the button on the older of the two is starting to get finicky.

I see two weaknesses in the design of this box, which I hope Boge will address in later models. 1) leakage caused by cracking at the base of the needle assembly, probably aggravated by slight misalignment when reinserting the bottle after a refill, and 2) the ignition button itself, which gives out after a few months of heavy use. This may be aggravated by juice leakage caused by problem 1.

Overall, I love this product. I vape heavily and this gives me the strongest hit (with LR cartos) of all my other devices, which include a 6v box mod, a Leo, and ego-Ts. The last one I bought cost only $40 US, and replacement bottle/needle assemblies are available for as little as $3 US. So it's a real bargain, even if I do have to replace it every few months. Compared to the cost of the cigars I used to smoke, there's no contest.

This is my first bottom feeder, and so far I absolutely love it. The LED light does not work, but I could care less. Started with a 501 kit and added the EGO batteries and the was fine, but this Boge 2.1 ROCKS....... My wife and I are trying to quit smoking and these items have helped tremendously. I'm down to 4 analogs a day. In the morning with my coffee. Can't seem to get away from them at that time of the day. We bought ours from Canvape.com in Canada. Received the items in three days and the price per unit(got 4) was outstanding. It was their 3 day opening sale.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Waiting on mine from Canvape as well,should get it early next week,cant wait.

I run a dept. so I have a lot of computer time,the ""pass through" is a must for me even if the battery lasts forever.

But,do I want to choke on the same flavor all day...not so sure...will get more spare bottles...clearomizers...my-my,back to square one!

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Mine is still going strong and is like new.
It's the 2.1 version with the double batteries (ani switch is still there but doesn't do anything but flash lights if you flip it on).
I mainly got it as a back-up PV, but it's nice to have it sitting around charged for a change up.

I've mostly used mine with LR 801 atties on a 510>801 adapter. I also added a feeder tube to my bottles.

It feeds well with this combo and has a nice easy draw through that adapter. No leaking here...the one time I did get leaks I learned that I had cracked the needle at the base somehow...easy enough to repair with a soak in some epoxy material, plus I picked up a couple of extras.

While I've never owned an 801/302 battery...I can't say enough on how good the atties and cartos are for that platform to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread