Boo the Reo gets cloned :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
In the 2 1/2 years of vaping the only mods I have owned are REOs. Started on an eGo start kit with two batteries and a little over 4 months later I was squonking a Mini 2.1! Never looking back, never looking elsewhere, and if I see fakes being sold at a B&M, you best better believe that I'll be calling them out on it!

That's all I got to say about that.

skilow

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Pittsburgh
Sorry, to Rob. But I'll be buying battery door covers, as this is more of a true price point.(you could charge what you wanted as a monopoly, no offence what so ever!) It's a piece of aluminum that's going to get scratched while on my bike! Sorry but I'll opt for the cheapie clone, to be replaced often. Buying originals on my bike would bankrupt me, for a designed piece of aluminum! Sorry for Rob, but I'm happy for users who frequently need replacement pieces and cannot afford to pay for a new face place every week.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Just wanted to give Super_X_Drifter a
Special thanks, you were actually directly responsible for my joining the REO family, and so I just want to thank you , I am a huge fan of your YouTube channel, most have watch each and every video a hundred times, your guidance and wisdom lead me in the right direction, you introduce me to Reo, show me what to get, how to build, how to wick, where to buy my batteries, RTD Vapors of course:) you show me how to use my coil gizmo, then you show me how to use the coil master after I had also kinda givin up on it, now I can also say I too have become a "master coil maker"
So for all that you done for me, and the rest of the vaping community

I thank you

Right on brother. I love hearing that and I'm glad you found that helpful. I'm also glad your here squonking your brains out with the rest of us freaks :)
Congrats and welcome and thanks again for the props. It seems like just yesterday I was a new REOnaut :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Sorry, to Rob. But I'll be buying battery door covers, as this is more of a true price point.(you could charge what you wanted as a monopoly, no offence what so ever!) It's a piece of aluminum that's going to get scratched while on my bike! Sorry but I'll opt for the cheapie clone, to be replaced often. Buying originals on my bike would bankrupt me, for a designed piece of aluminum! Sorry for Rob, but I'm happy for users who frequently need replacement pieces and cannot afford to pay for a new face place every week.

Maybe I just don't understand what you're saying but if I do - Do you, like, crash a lot on your bike and the mod falls out of the basket - As in bicycle?

Or are you saying you ride MX and practice starts with your mod under the rear tire?

Or do you ride a street bike and your mod falls out of your pocket all the time?

Moto GP and you use your mod as the curb skid on your knee?

I don't get it.

Any of the above situations and you will be replacing more than just a door on any other "cheap" mod.

A REO on the other hand can take serious torture. None of the above scenarios would really phase it - maybe scratch it. But you are gonna scratch your "cheap" mod too - not just the door. And you won't be replacing anything except your battery and drip tip on a REO. If you got a tumbled raw aluminum REO there's no paint to scratch.

I know this because I have intentionally tortured one in ways that make REO lovers cringe and made a video of it. It's on YouTube. But it survived with nary a scratch And it vaped like new after. But the battery didn't work. Ever punish a mod so bad you killed the AW battery and the mod survived?

I think I'm in a very small group who can claim that :)

Last edited:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA

Just obviously never owned or held a reo or one would not of wrote the post.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
See, there's almost a valid logic. Almost.

I knew a guy, a very wise man actually, who took this approach to cars.
He drove a $500 junker. When he went to business meetings (every day) he'd park a block away because it gave the wrong impression. Just doesn't look right to climb out of a rusted-out '97 Hyundai when you're arriving to negotiate 7-figure deals.
When it stopped working, he's just leave it, walk away, and go buy another one. Financially it actually worked out great for him - sometimes, he'd go through 2 or 3 cars in a month, but then every once in a while, you'd get a $500 junker that would run for a year or two - and it ended up being the least expensive way to have a vehicle.

One issue is this: you have to drive a POS all the time.
It's a matter of priorities.

With this mod, I don't think it makes sense financially, because 1 Reo will probably outlast 4 or 5 crapboxes, so the money doesn't even work. And even if it did, you'd be dealing with leaky tubes and wobbly 510's the whole time.

We buy our first Reo because of reliability, durability, and quality.

Then we buy a second and third, because...well, because it makes us happy.
(OK, that might not support the "cheapest solution" approach, but heck, that's what happens, might as well admit it). I don't know of anyone who's had to replace a door, actually. Some people have replaced or upgraded a couple other parts - but heck, at least you CAN.

QuikDrawMcGraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ontario. Canada
my reo was run over countless times when I lost my mini on a busy street for a couple of hours. When I found it all I had to do was rebuild the atty (after finding all the parts) and vape away. The reo door eventually needed to be replaced due to appearances only but the all aluminum housing was all still intact and true. Heck even my battery survived.

One of my first posts in this section was about that experience. I was VERY impressed at how the reo did.

qiubicfit

May 17, 2013
miami beach FL.
Well said Train2, thats the funniest analogy , almost fell off my chair,
True that, true that, I mean, it makes me laugh when people try to justify the whole ethical
Clone thing, I swear I have not change a single part , component, nothing, not a bottle, a hoes, a battery spring, a firing pin, fire button, I am saying, NOTHING HAS EVER GONE WRONG WITH ANY OF MY FOUR REO MODS:thumbs: oldest I own is my REO MINI 14500, Gold with ablack door, and that thingbis over four years, and it still has all its original parts,

CAN A CLONE DO THAT???

My REO's have well over and over done their duty, of providing me with great VAPE:offtopic:

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
A lot of people are making some pretty negative comments about the quality of the clone, but I don't think anyone here has actually tested the clone. It's kind of like saying that diacetyl in e-juice kills people. There are other instances where diacetyl has caused lung disease, but the truth is that when it comes to vaping, we don't really know until someone comes out with real test results.

I am sure that an authentic REO is a very high quality device. That doesn't guarantee that some other manufacturer making a similar device for less money is going to be inferior. It might just mean that this other manufacturer has more cost-effective production methods.

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
I'll fess up, I'd love an original reo, but I've ordered the clone and I have two reasons,
A Ive never used a bottom fed mod and can't justify throwing down a couple hundred dollars for a mod I don't know if I'll even like,

B the clone and an atty plus shipping comes to less than just shipping alone from the USA to the UK if I was to order an authentic,

I don't expect it to be as good as the authentic, I expect it to be a very cheap tester to see if I like the style of device, if I do then I know I can throw down a couple hundred pounds on an authentic, an rm2 a few spares (cause I'm not keen on shipping it back to the USA for a simple problem) and a decent shipping option

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
A lot of people are making some pretty negative comments about the quality of the clone, but I don't think anyone here has actually tested the clone. It's kind of like saying that diacetyl in e-juice kills people. There are other instances where diacetyl has caused lung disease, but the truth is that when it comes to vaping, we don't really know until someone comes out with real test results.

I am sure that an authentic REO is a very high quality device. That doesn't guarantee that some other manufacturer making a similar device for less money is going to be inferior. It might just mean that this other manufacturer has more cost-effective production methods.

I'd like to put one thru the three step program I put one of my REOs thru.

1. Hockey using the REO as a puck
2. Bball using the REO as a ball - free throw (splashed it BTW) and direct landing on the concrete and then a layup - again, nice soft landing on concrete.
3. REOhole - that's where a REO is thrown at (and bounced off) a metal firepit from a good distance away, twice. It's how us rednecks with REAL MODS play corn hole.

All performed with an atomizer and DT on. Correction - the DT didn't survive the first test.

I would actually waste my time filming a test of the clone if someone sent one to me. I'll even send it back to ya priority mail. But I'm guessing if someone is buying REO clones, they ain't gonna have the coin to donate one to science cause I would wager that it wouldn't be worth the cost of the postage once I finish with it. I just wonder if I could hit that fire pit again - was that luck or skillz?

My Tested REO was the same as before I tested it with just a scratch or two. It's now the only known REO in Brazil and the dude I sent it to loves it and didn't even know it was tested until I showed him the vid. He couldn't believe it was the same mod. Now he loves it even more. I call it respect.

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
So far I haven't seen a 1:1 Reo clone yet.......has any one bought one yet, please post pictures because I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.

As for the KUI, before I had the pleasure of owning my SL Reo Grand, I bought the KUI.
I did so because I couldn't justify the price of a 'battery holder', in reality I didnt know how awesome bottom feeding was.
My KUI was the V1 which had issues like the crappy button, random auto fires and shyt quality but....it did introduce me into the wonderful world that is sqounking.
2 weeks of owning the KUI I just had to have a proper bottom fed device and thats when I bought my 'life is awesome device' aka 'The Reo Grand' and I couldn't be happier.
The next mod I buy will definitely be another Reo and it will no doubt come from Rob the Modmaster and in essence that is all thanks to the KUI the crappiest bottom fed device out there which was supposedly a Reo clone, pffft as if :thumb:

I need more Reos :toast:

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
So far I haven't seen a 1:1 Reo clone yet.......has any one bought one yet, please post pictures because I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.

As for the KUI, before I had the pleasure of owning my SL Reo Grand, I bought the KUI.
I did so because I couldn't justify the price of a 'battery holder', in reality I didnt know how awesome bottom feeding was.
My KUI was the V1 which had issues like the crappy button, random auto fires and shyt quality but....it did introduce me into the wonderful world that is sqounking.
2 weeks of owning the KUI I just had to have a proper bottom fed device and thats when I bought my 'life is awesome device' aka 'The Reo Grand' and I couldn't be happier.
The next mod I buy will definitely be another Reo and it will no doubt come from Rob the Modmaster and in essence that is all thanks to the KUI the crappiest bottom fed device out there which was supposedly a Reo clone, pffft as if :thumb:

I need more Reos :toast:

Exactly why I went for a clone, I've been thinking about a reo for a while but never having used a bf mod I can't quite justify spending the money on it, so the clone is a throw away tester for me (hell it cost me less than a lemo rta) if I like it I can get a real reo and if I don't I can chuck it in a drawer and get back to my sig 30w mini and lemo's and I haven't really lost much, plus I can always hack it to bits to make a vw bottom fed mod.....

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
And it is meant to be a 1:1 clone, this is not the kui or terminator from ft
A link to the preview vid
That video is one of my blemished mods . I still haven't seen one that these cats have built yet .
I totally understand a guy buying a knock off to see if it is something they would like .

The down side for the consumer is if you break it there is no one to buy spare parts or repair it .

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
Wow they made it backwards! Thst shows you they used a real reo for there sale pictures.

Haha.. dude didn't know how to put n the door on.

The video has been mirrored for some reason (hence all the left hand threads)

That video is one of my blemished mods . I still haven't seen one that these cats have built yet .
I totally understand a guy buying a knock off to see if it is something they would like .

The down side for the consumer is if you break it there is no one to buy spare parts or repair it .

How the hell did they manage to get hold of a mystical blemished mod? I thought they were something that we're spoken off but never seen (the Loch Ness monster of the vaping world, many believe it exists but no one has actually got proof.....)

And by the time it needs spares or repair parts I'll know if I like bottom fed mods in which case I'll be either throwing it in the bin and ordering a grand lp or throwing it in the bin and going back to my regulated mods,

And for those who doubt that approach think of it this way, I bought an ego and aspire bdc to try vaping and liked it so went on to buy much nicer, more reliable and higher quality mods, you see my logic?

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
The video has been mirrored for some reason (hence all the left hand threads)

How the hell did they manage to get hold of a mystical blemished mod? I thought they were something that we're spoken off but never seen (the Loch Ness monster of the vaping world, many believe it exists but no one has actually got proof.....)

And by the time it needs spares or repair parts I'll know if I like bottom fed mods in which case I'll be either throwing it in the bin and ordering a grand lp or throwing it in the bin and going back to my regulated mods,

And for those who doubt that approach think of it this way, I bought an ego and aspire bdc to try vaping and liked it so went on to buy much nicer, more reliable and higher quality mods, you see my logic?
I am not knocking you and I understand the theory . To be honest as long as your not smoking that is all that matters . You may find you need spare parts quicker then you think good luck on your journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread