Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Peevish - you never said (unless I missed it) what voltage you are using on the Provari with these coils...?

Also, you could just get an unmodified RM2 (I can't remember the name, but I'm sure someone here does!) to use on the Provari. That way you should be getting the exact same vape (as long as you were pushing the same wattage through the same coil).

Peevish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2010
York, PA
Peevish - you never said (unless I missed it) what voltage you are using on the Provari with these coils...?

Also, you could just get an unmodified RM2 (I can't remember the name, but I'm sure someone here does!) to use on the Provari. That way you should be getting the exact same vape (as long as you were pushing the same wattage through the same coil).

Thats what makes me think I am doing something dumb - it feels harsh no matter the Voltage!

Peevish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2010
York, PA
OK so after some more experimenting, it seems that its the RDA's that are making the difference. I rebuilt the rm2 to a higher resistance to be able to test it on the Provari, and it does indeed give a decent vape - not too far off the Reo. And then testing the other RDAs (patriot, omega and trident clones) on the Reo, they were more bearable than the Provari, but still had the harshness I didnt like.

So I think I either bite the bullet and drip test on the Reos with the RM2, or maybe get a triangle atty for the Provari to drip, so I still have the small chamber to suit my taste.

Thanks for all the input, and apologies for taking up anyones time with my simple mind!

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
Something to think about - I found I can drip on a RM2 on a Reo, and if I don't squonk at all, usually there is very little or no transfer of flavor from the RM2 to the bottle. If you only put a couple of drops on the coil for each hit, its usually OK. If you drown the chamber with test juice, it will collect in the bottom of the RM2 and will get into the bottle with the suck-back from the first squonk. For testing juices, if you like a small chamber like the RM2, there are other small-chambered atties like the Igo-s (Igo-bf is the bottom feed version from Reosmods), Mini A6 (RM3 is the bottom feed version from Reosmods), FT YK1, Cyclone, Era, Hornet etc. Also as mentioned the Triangle would be good, maybe the best choice for you, you'll have to drill an air hole and it will only fit an LP Reo as it comes out of the box.

Last edited:

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Since changing to rayon for wicking - when I go into B&M I don't use their crappy testers any more. I ask if they have an open bottle I could drop from - take some paper towel/qtip (I always have my gear on me in my little pink bag), wipe off the deck and kinda soak up the excess juice in the wick. Now I'm ready to drip - some flavor transfer but I can now actually taste the B&M flavors. Much better than - "Hey! Would you like to samples everyone's DNA that has ever tested this flavor before??"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread